Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

Just now, action said:

there's also a markable increase of snitchers who report lockdown parties to the police. in the 30's we got german housewives reporting jews staying with the neighbours, now we got the same old wives reporting corona parties.

That is how the Reich essentially operated, curtain twitchy snitchers and demonstrative ''outings'' of the non-compliant. They indoctrinated children through the Hitler Youth to snitch on their parents if their parents possessed ''anti-party'' sentiment. We see a similar proposal in the Scottish hate bill and wokeish ideology in general.

2020 is the year Orwell's prophecy came true. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is how the Reich essentially operated, curtain twitchy snitchers and demonstrative ''outings'' of the non-compliant. They indoctrinated children through the Hitler Youth to snitch on their parents if their parents possessed ''anti-party'' sentiment. We see a similar proposal in the Scottish hate bill and wokeish ideology in general.

2020 is the year Orwell's prophecy came true. 

the orwellian "screens", or smartphones, play a big part in the corona narrative. They're now wondering wether to force the corona app to the population. But what about people like me, who don't own a smartphone? Will I be dismissed as a criminal? And all these QR codes you need to scan lately, in order to get anything done. I wouldn't even know how to do that. I once tried to photograph such a code, then download a QR scanner on my laptop and uploaded the picture, but the QR app didn't reckognise it. What a load of BS

Edited by action

one thing that could ease your mind if you fear orwell is here: in orwell's book, you had the mindless mass who were ignorant and not a member of the party. They had no rights whatsoever, but were generally left alone by the government as being generally harmless and not structured and were able to shag their loved one. That will be my strategy, going forward: act ignorant and not be involved with anything. So far, this policy has saved me from a lot of the corona BS (mandatory passengers records, testing, vaccinating, queues, barometer apps etc)

Edited by action

26 minutes ago, action said:

the orwellian "screens", or smartphones, play a big part in the corona narrative. They're now wondering wether to force the corona app to the population. But what about people like me, who don't own a smartphone? Will I be dismissed as a criminal? And all these QR codes you need to scan lately, in order to get anything done. I wouldn't even know how to do that. I once tried to photograph such a code, then download a QR scanner on my laptop and uploaded the picture, but the QR app didn't reckognise it. What a load of BS

Well I do own a smartphone and it is too old or cheap apparently to handle the government's track and trace software. My answer when one of these corona fascists said ''just download the app'' being: ''well you'll have to buy me a new phone then'' (who am I kidding? I wouldn't irrespective).

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I now know how something like the Third Reich could occur from a democratic country like (Weimer) Germany. I have read - own - a multitude of books on that subject and don't now believe I understood a thing about ''the process'' until witnessing 2020 in the United Kingdom. 

don't you just love it when you hit a new level of understanding, like this. there's no better source for knowledge than experience. books, are just to show off. Experience doesn't lie, books do lie sometimes and you never know when.

this is why I love old people so much. they're treated like garbage during this epidemy, but they're real treasures of whisdom. They have been through it all, many times over. You wonder, should I enter this engagement, and they have it all figured out by the look of things. My mate was on his previous wedding, when he was talking about his then wife to an older person and he explained how she didn't help in the household, sat on her ass all day and he brought in all the money, but that it was ok because of reasons. and the older person just looked at him and went "it's still not much that she's contributing in your marriage, is it?". truths that hit you like a hammer. less than two years later they were divorced.

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, saw that on CNN. More of that mutant virus is moving around the world. I'm sure it's already in America. I think this covid virus has a brain and is moving on to another version since we have a vaccine now. I know this virus attacks your lungs, but it also has fucked up your other organs including the brain. Maybe it's getting smarter now? I'm not kidding. I bet it is a super virus. Next up, zombies.

Are you Karl Pilkington?

Edited by spunko12345

Always remember that the people clamouring for, and forcing, you to destroy your businesses, employment and savings, the parliamentarians (£81,932 ave p.y) and their scientific advisors, the homeworking public sector (e.g. teachers) and the vacuous celebrity ''luvvies'', et al., are all relatively or completely unaffected (socio-economically) by the lockdown, and in some instances have even benefited due to the existence of corona. Patrick Vallance, chief science advisor to the British government, is a £600,000 share holder in GlaxoSmithKline! Chris Whitty is on at least £134,000. And here is how Rishi Sunak, Chancellor of the Exchequer, ''slums it'' during the height of (second wave) lockdown, pubs shut etc etc: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9013989/Rishi-Sunak-Eats-Help-billionaire-heiress-wife.html.

Compare with the millions in the hospitality sector who've lost their livelihoods and ran through their cash savings!

Further, hypocrisy is prevalent among the users of the ''covididiots''. The ones willing to use ''covididiots'' and ''wear your mask'' the most, and advocate dismissals/resignations of those seen flouting rules, seem to be the ones more liable to break lockdown/social distancing rules!! Sturgeon, Ferrier and Catherine Calderwood (SNP); Kay Burley (SKY); Lineker; Piers Morgan; the list goes on.

EYyt3eRXkAAe_9i.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11330196/coronavirus-scotland-catherine-calderwood-chief-medic-covid-19/

_116216312_scottish-sun.jpg

Eco2y7nXsAY7sQk.jpg

0_PAY-Piers-Morgan-at-Harrys-Bar-in-Lond

Gary-Lineker-2720064.jpg?r=1603188860169

0_SWNS_LINEKER_MASK_03.jpg

''Let him who is without sin cast the first stone''.

Edited by DieselDaisy

can't believe people still listen to the media. for generations, they have lied to us about everything, as our parents and grandparents can attest to. why would it be different today?

when did the media ever "not" lie to us?

I just play along, be goody goody and nod in agreement, then turn around and do as I please.

but dare to criticise the consensus openly, and you're quickly canceled.

I've said to my wife the other day, there are three levels of intelligence; the stupid (the majority), those who are knowledgeable (but still make the wrong decisions and boast about them) and those who are truly intelligent (and make the right decisions and preferrably keep those to themselves)

the greatest whisdom comes with shutting your mouth when faced with the truth. It's so damn hard to do, because you can't keep silent without a certain level of sociopathology 

I honestly think covid fascists and covid idiots are thoroughly correlated. They are the same people. A lot of these nutters approaching people in public for mask flouting that appear on phone camera clips have masks below their nose and are breaking the social distancing rule. 

Easiest way to find a covididiot (not that I would use that term, but for case of argument...)? Ask this question: is he/she accusing somebody of being a covididiot? There is your very person. 

The hypocrisy.

4 minutes ago, action said:

can't believe people still listen to the media. for generations, they have lied to us about everything, as our parents and grandparents can attest to. why would it be different today?

when did the media ever "not" lie to us?

I just play along, be goody goody and nod in agreement, then turn around and do as I please.

but dare to criticise the consensus openly, and you're quickly canceled.

I've said to my wife the other day, there are three levels of intelligence; the stupid (the majority), those who are knowledgeable (but still make the wrong decisions and boast about them) and those who are truly intelligent (and make the right decisions and preferrably keep those to themselves)

the greatest whisdom comes with shutting your mouth when faced with the truth. It's so damn hard to do, because you can't keep silent without a certain level of sociopathology 

I have actually started watching Russian news (RT) in the morning haha. That is how biased the BBC and Sky now are. Putin's Russia offers more unbiased coverage haha. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have actually started watching Russian news (RT) in the morning haha. That is how biased the BBC and Sky now are. Putin's Russia offers more unbiased coverage haha. 

I take pictures with my camera made in the DDR in the early 80s, still works like a tank. Russian built quality. it once belonged to my dad.

Praktica MTL 5 B | Camerapedia | Fandom

I tell you, the quality of the pictures taken with this one, easily rivals the most expensive 4K camera. the sheer depth of the colours and detail. Progression is going backwards in many cases.

Edited by action

These PCR etc tests are all the thing now too fly any where but you may test clear at the Airpodt but you can still pick this virus up in transit or even when landing in your destination 

You only have too look at LHR departure bored NYC DXB IAD MEX flights too all parts of the world still taking off

If doctors really wanted people to stay home, they should have made the government close the airports. If people traveled over Thanksgiving what made anyone think they wouldn't  have traveled over Christmas.

No one gives a shit, hence we have covid. Now covid is mutating into a more contagious version. lol they think the vaccine "should" help with that version too. Yeah, should, would, could, but no one will give you a definite answer because they don't know.

I will get the vaccine when it's my turn and I hope my daughter can get one too, but if we're counting on everyone getting vaccinated to get rid of this virus, we're shit out of luck!

I have no faith in humanity at all.

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I have no faith in humanity at all.

I get the sentiment, I really do, but I think 2020 shows humanity at its best, actually. This is not the first time we have been hit with a new disease, but contrary to previous pandemics that has ravaged humanity, this time we have mounted an international response through collaborations across borders between countries that would typically be enemies which has resulted in an unprecedented sharing of important data on the disease and its active agent, which in turn has resulted in us developing a brand new workable treatment in less than a year. Not only that, many countries have been successful in combating repeated waves/outbreaks of the disease mostly through recommendations and suggestions on social distancing and through tracking how the virus have moved through populations, something we wouldn't have had the systems for only a few decades ago. And for most part, people have accepted that under such extraordinary times there will be extraordinary restrictions on how we can live our lives. My point is: Yes, this has been a terrible disease with many deaths, but how we have responded to the disease and the measures taken, are unlike anything in history and have reduced the death tolls substantially. That's a new for humanity and something we should be proud of. We have demonstrated a new ability to tackle novel diseases and we have learnt a fucking lot from this pandemic which will help us in the future when we get hit by more deadline diseases. I have never had so much faith in humanity as now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I get the sentiment, I really do, but I think 2020 shows humanity at its best, actually. This is not the first time we have been hit with a new disease, but contrary to previous pandemics that has ravaged humanity, this time we have mounted an international response through collaborations across borders between countries that would typically be enemies which has resulted in an unprecedented sharing of important data on the disease and its active agent, which in turn has resulted in us developing a brand new workable treatment in less than a year. Not only that, many countries have been successful in combating repeated waves/outbreaks of the disease mostly through recommendations and suggestions on social distancing and through tracking how the virus have moved through populations, something we wouldn't have had the systems for only a few decades ago. And for most part, people have accepted that under such extraordinary times there will be extraordinary restrictions on how we can live our lives. My point is: Yes, this has been a terrible disease with many deaths, but how we have responded to the disease and the measures taken, are unlike anything in history and have reduced the death tolls substantially. That's a new for humanity and something we should be proud of. We have demonstrated a new ability to tackle novel diseases and we have learnt a fucking lot from this pandemic which will help us in the future when we get hit by more deadline diseases. I have never had so much faith in humanity as now.

2020 was worse than 2019, and 2019 was worse than the year before, and so on.

Year after year, the BS is increasing, and it's always something new they find to disturbe our peace with. terrorists, fukushima, large forest infernos, the gulf of mexico, greta thunberg, creepy diseases

humanity at it's best?

- toilet paper collecting

- lack of any european coordination: no uniform coloured zones, no uniform curfew, no uniform vaccination strategy, no uniform vaccin period,

- an increase in snitchyness with the common people

- a total and utter lack of respect to old people

as for the vaccin itself, we'll see. You're selling the bear's fur before it's shot

• Like 1

Three-four days max on surfaces areas? Possibly you could have eradicated corona if everyone locked themselves in doors for two-three weeks. May have been preferable to what looks like is transpiring into two years of waves, tiers, quasi-lockdowns and general nonsense. Emergency workers only permitted outside. Deliver food/pharmaceuticals via aid parcels to needy. Problem solved - there I have just solved corona.

Further, it would have cost a fraction of cost/logistics of the Nightingale white elephants and the track and trace app disaster.

One sharp extreme lockdown rather than two years of back-and-forth confusion. 

9 hours ago, action said:

2020 was worse than 2019, and 2019 was worse than the year before, and so on.

Except that by most commonly used metrics (child death, life expectancies, poverty, war casualties) the trend is that things are getting better for humanity, not worse.

Year after year, the BS is increasing

Oh? What bullshit is this?

and it's always something new they find to disturbe our peace with. terrorists, fukushima, large forest infernos, the gulf of mexico, greta thunberg, creepy diseases

"Disturb our peace"? :lol: But yes, we do have catastrophes, we do have wars, we do have natural disasters, etc. And climate change is a big issue and something we need to fix. Doesn't really alter the fact that we are doing better and better nor make our Covid-19 achievement any less impressive.

humanity at it's best?

Yes, our response to a new deadly pandemic has been impressive and unprecedented. Want to argue that with facts and rational arguments, or prefer another round of irrelevant babbling of climate change and BS? I reckon the latter. Bring it on :)

- toilet paper collecting

What?

- lack of any european coordination: no uniform coloured zones, no uniform curfew, no uniform vaccination strategy, no uniform vaccin period,

You want some overarching organization that dictates each country's response to Covid-19. Okay. I thought you were against such things. Still, doesn't mean our Covid-19 achievement is any less impressive. And btw, it's "vaccine" with an "e" at the end.

- an increase in snitchyness with the common people

What? :lol:

- a total and utter lack of respect to old people

Uhm? The world has lost respect for old people this year and that has got something to do with Covid-19? I don't follow. Seems to me that most countries prioritize vaccinating old people.

as for the vaccin itself, we'll see. You're selling the bear's fur before it's shot

We know it works. What we don't know is if there are any really rare side effects not seen in clinical trials, and for how long it will work. But that doesn't take away from the achievement of having developed novel vaccines against a novel disease in less than 12 months.

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Three-four days max on surfaces areas? Possibly you could have eradicated corona if everyone locked themselves in doors for two-three weeks. May have been preferable to what looks like is transpiring into two years of waves, tiers, quasi-lockdowns and general nonsense. Emergency workers only permitted outside. Deliver food/pharmaceuticals via aid parcels to needy. Problem solved - there I have just solved corona.

Further, it would have cost a fraction of cost/logistics of the Nightingale white elephants and the track and trace app disaster.

Not exactly a novel thought.

It won't work, of course, because you wouldn't be able to keep enough people on earth locked away at home for 2-3 weeks. Even if you managed to coordinate this on a global scale (because, you know, it is not enough to only do it in England) -- including the slums in India, tribes in Papa Nu Guinea, metropolises as New York -- there would be a sufficient amount of people breaking this enforced lockdown to allow the virus to go on. Morons would be refusing to go along with it because they would say the virus is a hoax, that they refuse to be forced to stay at home as if they were in the Third Reich, they would draw ridiculous parallels to fascism, some would object because they would rather let the world burn than them be locked in, some would avoid lockdown because it would be "God's will" to let the virus take its course, etc etc etc. 

But funny that a person who has been childishly protested against any measures of restrictions previously, like bragging about not wearing face masks, and arguing that what we are seeing now in the UK has parallels to how Nazi Germany developed, would suggest the possibility of forcing people all over the world to stay home for 2-3 weeks withut leaving their houses/apartments/rooms/yurts. Inconsistent much?

What we could possible achievement, though, if we were to follow your idea, would be to suppress the pandemic substantially, but not knock it out. So it would then grow again until we would have to do another global lockdown. And repeat ad nauseum.

So it simply wouldn't work. And again, not exactly a novel thought. It passes through the minds of every virologist, epidemiologist, undergraduate doctor, for about 3 seconds when they learn about viral diseases. Then they laugh it off.

• Like 1

Watching the news right now they say the Hospitals are maxed out but they spent all them millions on that massive field Hospital in Cardiff but then took it down cos only 6 people were admitted same as the nightingale in London I'm led too believe its no longer in use 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Man, I always thought this also. If everyone could just totally isolate for two weeks, what a huge difference that would make in the fight against the virus.