Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

There you are! I feared the anti terror police had finally caught you. 

What's up? 

Fuck all mate, McLeod text me earlier saying where you been etc so i went on and this was the message calling me out, fuck alls up except work, what have you done with Dies’, my mans buggered off too according to Chris, what am i gonna talk about politics, know what i mean?  And thats what this place is about these days.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck all mate, McLeod text me earlier saying where you been etc so i went on and this was the message calling me out, fuck alls up except work, what have you done with Dies’, my mans buggered off too according to Chris, what am i gonna talk about politics, know what i mean?  And thats what this place is about these days.

Dies? I assume he is out fishing. 

Politics? Nah, it is dying down now. The big orange blob is finally setting and we can go back to discussing Guns N' Roses again. 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

what am i gonna talk about politics, know what i mean?  And thats what this place is about these days.

Yeah, I've logged in a few times but I realized just now that I haven't posted anything since Christmas. With soon getting kicked out and the US politics being the only real active thread on here (which I personally don't give a shit about), this place has become rather dull.

Oh... this is the covid thread... our national lockdown has been extended and we might get a curfew as well... it's only getting worse : /

Edited by EvanG

UK too close ALL AIR TRAVEL CORRIDORS until at least 15th Feb  this is active from coming Monday no matter where you come from now if you arrive in UK you need a clear test before you can enter UK

Edited by Gavin82

On 1/14/2021 at 1:20 AM, Jabberwocky said:

Hey ya'll, first time posting here. Just wanted to pass along that 3 residents of the nursing home I work at, which I won't name cause of HIPPA, tested positive the morning. As the head charge nurse said at our impromptu meeting said " we have been breached" Not only that but the woman who let people in and out of the building (and works the kitchen) tested positive this past Saturday.

Why this is scary to me is that I work housekeeping and while I was waiting for someone to open the office door so I could get my hall keys, I hung out with her and others for almost four hours.

We have to wear masks all of the time. Even if we go out for a cigarette break, we have to come back in, get our temperatures, and don a new mask. And they are not comfortable. They will cut into your nose. They look like painter's masks if you were spray painting.

All staff has to take a COVID test on Monday & Wednesday. Doesn't matter if you are off that day, you have to make a special trip for it.

Another thing that has to be done, as part of housekeeping, is we have to disinfect those rooms where people have tested positive. That means we have to don layers of PPE gear, a special type of disinfectant to clean, and do what is called  a "deep clean" This is where you have to move all of the furniture around and sweep/mop behind everything. Any clothing left behind has to be removed and sent to soiled linen. Any type of raised port-a-potty has to be removed to outside. All closets and anything with a drawer has to be wiped down. Ya know, all of that fun shit.

I'm scared to death right now because I'm literally having to put my life on the line. And what is so shitty is, I will receive no hazard pay. I know the amount of money received from each resident is at least 5 thousand dollars so you know somebody is pocketing it. A kickback if you will. I get a brand spanking 8 bucks an hour for this shit.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this. I'm out. Take care 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:54 PM, action said:

is it allowed to refer to the new strain as the "british" virus I wonder?

Wouldn't that be stigmatising, the same way as there was an outrcy over the initial chinese variant?

Couldn't give a fuck mate. Quite proud ours is better than the Chinese one actually.

In a few years someone will make a Covid Top Trumps.

Edit- Sorry didn't mean to quote Jabberwocky I was referring to action. I most certainly DO give a fuck about your situation. Take care.

Edited by spunko12345

So far in the US 1500 have died from covid. Still not getting the vaccines out quick enough and it's terrible how unorganized the whole thing is.

Biden said he wants all the vaccines sent out to the states and given to anyone who wants a shot. Meanwhile, I haven't heard of anywhere in my city where I can get the shot. None of the doctors can store it or have it. Not even Walmart yet.

In a few weeks Johnson and Johnson will have a vaccine that only takes 1 shot. Hope it works.

Everyday on yahoo.om Dr. Fauci has something bad to say about the vaccines and other shit. Damn, he annoys the hell out of me. Can't wait until this virus is under control so these doctors can go away.

How is the rest of the world doing giving out the vaccines?

We all need to get this virus under control or it'll be here for a very long time.

Nothing about the covid vaccine coming to my area yet.

Biden said he would send all the vaccines out. I also heard that the second round of vaccines were supposed to be ready to go, but they are gone now too.

What happens to the people who have gotten their first shot and don't get the second shot on time?  Guess no one is worried about that.

At the rate this is going, this year will be fucked up too.

15 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No. 

that was for that day.

On 1/15/2021 at 12:36 PM, spunko12345 said:

Couldn't give a fuck mate. Quite proud ours is better than the Chinese one actually.

In a few years someone will make a Covid Top Trumps.

Edit- Sorry didn't mean to quote Jabberwocky I was referring to action. I most certainly DO give a fuck about your situation. Take care.

Does anyone really know if China's vaccine is working? Or Russia's. No one seems to be telling about those countries. Is anyone sharing with North Korea or Iran?

19 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Nothing about the covid vaccine coming to my area yet.

Biden said he would send all the vaccines out. I also heard that the second round of vaccines were supposed to be ready to go, but they are gone now too.

What happens to the people who have gotten their first shot and don't get the second shot on time?  Guess no one is worried about that.

At the rate this is going, this year will be fucked up too.

that was for that day.

Does anyone really know if China's vaccine is working? Or Russia's. No one seems to be telling about those countries. Is anyone sharing with North Korea or Iran?

Latest reports are that none of them are working.

Have you read this new development?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/world/ice-cream-coronavirus-covid19-china-b900010.html%3famp

• Haha 1

Guess my area is starting to give out the vaccines. My mom's friend who is over 65 is getting her shot on Thursday. My parents didn't get any notice yet. They said be prepared to wait 1 to 2 or more hours. What a joke!

We're pissed off that none of our doctors want to get the freezer equipment to store the vaccines and give them to their patients. Unreal.

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

I found this funnier than I should have. :lol: 

Good news from a bad situation. So many families in Texas live together. This could have been such a horrible event.  I guess it wasn't their time.

New covid strain in California. Oh joy!

On 1/18/2021 at 11:09 PM, EvanG said:

This ''british'' mutated virus is becoming a big problem here yet there are still 16 flights from the UK arriving here every single day. I don't get it, just close the border already with no exceptions.

I really dont understand this.

Bojo obviously thought he could try and have a dollar each way. Just madness, if he woukd lockdown borders then he can try and contajn community transmission.

Hes thinking more about the economy being the priority. 

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really dont understand this.

Bojo obviously thought he could try and have a dollar each way. Just madness, if he woukd lockdown borders then he can try and contajn community transmission.

Hes thinking more about the economy being the priority. 

I don't understand my own government. This mutated virus is appearing more and more here, so why not at least ban every flight from the UK? We are in another lockdown since December, almost everything is closed, including schools, yet they do allow flights from the UK to come here. I saw a news report where they were interviewing passengers from the UK who had just arrived here. Some of them were tourists coming here for a holiday, not even essential travellers. Unbelievable.