Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

38 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I have my TP, my fuel storage, generator, water, food, and my weapons and ammunition, but most importantly, I have my cat. He rescued me.

May God be with you all, be safe!

Good thing you have all those things because according to at least one user on here, the virus is more or less Skynet lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Good thing you have all those things because according to at least one user on here, the virus is more or less Skynet lol

Oh yes, I'm sure the virus was programmed and released by AI to rid the earth of the most dangerous virus, and that is the human race! lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Oh yes, I'm sure the virus was programmed and released by AI to rid the earth of the most dangerous virus, and that is the human race! lol

Honestly, I can believe.

The great George Carlin was one amazing comedian, but also a very smart man.

He did a stand up routine about HIV and AIDS. He said that every now and then when humanity fucks up the planet Mother Nature (don't think he believed in a GOD) releases a virus or a plaque to show us all how unimportant we all are.

Mother Nature thinks about a new virus and then decides how to spread it. Oh, I got it, since humanity doesn't seem to use their brains some times, we can release this virus through unprotected sex and using the same drug needles. Of course, once HIV and AIDS was spread through these things, man still wasn't smart enough to take procautions.

So now we have Covid 19 where you can wear a mask, distance about 6 feet and don't be in crowds. it won't last forever, but it may save thousands if not millions of lives.

What does humanity do, especially in a tech world where most people are online or on their cell phones 24/7, they bitch and moan about staying inside for a while and wearing a mask, no way and I have to see all my millions of stupid friends in pools and on beaches and in bars.  

This time around Mother Nature said if humanity uses their common sense, we can slow this virus down until we can find a cure or a vaccine to save lives. What does humanity do? None of the above correctly or for the safe time we were told to do it.

Now there's a vaccine, okay, and now this virus has mutated and the doctors think that this vaccine should cure this strain. Can they give you a definite answer, NO, because since this virus has existed no doctor can figure out anything about this virus. I'm tired of I think, should and could just fucking say I don't know and if you dummies don't do what's asked of you, you and people you know might die.

Everyday the numbers go up. People get sick and people die but to not be able to hold their hands and tell them you love them or even see them, is horrible, yet there are people who still bitch about a mask and please don't travel and yet millions of people did just that between the holidays.

Honestly, for thousands of years experts say the human race will end.  Yet here we still stand fucking up our planet and all living things.

I want a better world for my daughter, but the way things are going do we really deserve one?

Yes, many people have done good things this year, but do we have to have a killer virus to do good things? Can't we just try to be and do our best for ourselves and others. 

I think the time has past for that. Look at this year, look at the deaths and yet some countries are still killing their own people and still waging war for their own selfish ways. So much hate and even with a pandemic still the hate is here.

After we get a handle on this virus, humanity will eventually go back to it's shitty ways and become even more selfish then we were before.

It makes me sick.

I commend some of you who have faith, but I don't. I teach my daughter to be good and respectful to people and tell her we might not get along with everyone, but that's okay. Just be kind and respect them and hopefully they will do the same for you.

our children have a very BIG job ahead of them in trying to make a better world, but I think we're long overdue for a "do over"

This is such an emotionally strange time. We have vaccines, but cases are still soaring, which will lead to greater restrictions. Tied in with the new year approaching, knowing what a disappointment 2020 was, I really don't know how to feel. 

On a personal level, I'm really lucky that I am doing OK and didn't have to apply for the third grant self employment support offered. I've heard that banks are now considering that in mortgage applications (something we weren't warned about before applying for the first two). :blink:

22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Now there's a vaccine, okay, and now this virus has mutated and the doctors think that this vaccine should cure this strain. Can they give you a definite answer, NO, because since this virus has existed no doctor can figure out anything about this virus.

Nonsense.

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Honestly, for thousands of years experts say the human race will end. 

Huh?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

After we get a handle on this virus, humanity will eventually go back to it's shitty ways and become even more selfish then we were before.

Again, according to quite many metrics humanity is doing really well. Conditions for humans are improving every decade.

But we are not going to change our human nature, which includes propensity for selfishness, anger, spite, etc. What we can do is try to organize ourselves in such ways that expressions of these anti-virtues become minimal. 

So far not my doctor nor any pharmacies have the vaccine yet. My parents are up for it, but no one has it.

My brother and I can get it since we both have pre-existing conditions and are over 16. I just wish they would hurry up with reports on the vaccine for kids under 16. My daughter just turned 10 and I really want it to be safe for her to have the vaccine, too.

Just so sick of all these doctors saying how we are not handling the vaccine distributions correstly instead of telling us what to do. Instead they say look to the UK and other countries to see what they are doing. That's all well and good but since American has 50 different states and thousands of cities, I doubt it'll work the same way. 

This has been one fucked up year, so not surprised that giving our the vaccine is being done wrong too.

Happy New Year!

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So far not my doctor nor any pharmacies have the vaccine yet. My parents are up for it, but no one has it.

My brother and I can get it since we both have pre-existing conditions and are over 16. I just wish they would hurry up with reports on the vaccine for kids under 16. My daughter just turned 10 and I really want it to be safe for her to have the vaccine, too.

Just so sick of all these doctors saying how we are not handling the vaccine distributions correstly instead of telling us what to do. Instead they say look to the UK and other countries to see what they are doing. That's all well and good but since American has 50 different states and thousands of cities, I doubt it'll work the same way. 

This has been one fucked up year, so not surprised that giving our the vaccine is being done wrong too.

Happy New Year!

My grandmother is ninety-four and therefore presumably front of the queue yet heard nothing - they ring you apparently.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:16 PM, Sweersa said:

I have my TP, my fuel storage, generator, water, food, and my weapons and ammunition, but most importantly, I have my cat. He rescued me.

May God be with you all, be safe!

I don't get the obsession of some people with fucking toilet paper. We all have one arse max and if you run out just give it a rinse in the fucking shower!!!! :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2020 at 8:25 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Now there's a vaccine, okay, and now this virus has mutated and the doctors think that this vaccine should cure this strain. Can they give you a definite answer, NO, because since this virus has existed no doctor can figure out anything about this virus.

It's because the virus brain keeps getting bigger and manages to out smart the doctors at every turn.

They say this new strain will mutate soon so that it can talk and learn to ride a bike.

Edited by spunko12345
  • Haha 3

My brother and his g/f are going to Maui on Saturday. They got a covid test today and are negative.

My doctor's office doesn't have the vaccine because they don't have the equipment to store it at the cold temperature.

Guess whenever Walmart gets the vaccines, my family will have to go there!

This whole vaccine distribution is one big mess too. What a way to end a year!

The doctors predict many more people will die before we get this under control. And if we didn't already have a few vaccines, one doctor said this virus would continue for decades and yet some morons won't wear a mas!

22 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

USA  pass 20M cases 

OMG! This is terrible. Everytime I watch CNN and I see those numbers I think about all those people who are affected by this virus and how many people are dead and will continue to die. It's still a nightmare to see.

I'm sure we will hit over 300,000 dead in a week or two and possibly half a million by the spring if we can't cure the people who are sick with this virus.

It's good we have a vaccine and hope it works on all of us, but who knows? This virus keeps mutating and I guess it'll be a while before doctors know if these vaccines will keep everyone healthy.

The whole world is suffering through this. I don't think we'll ever be "normal" again.

22 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Massive massive back track on schools in London after insisting they will open NOW THEY are staying CLOSED well done Gov lols

Wow. my daughter goes back to school next week, but the students did take their chrome books home just in case. I guess we'll see next week or two after the holidays.

New York Times running a blatantly false story about Britain mix-and-matching vaccine types. A pack of lies. 

Original article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/01/health/coronavirus-vaccines-britain.html

Correction: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55519042

I see America's newspapers are as bad as ours?

Edited by DieselDaisy

A friend sent me a TikTok this morning of some fucking asshole all proud of himself because he figured out how to get away with not wearing a mask in Ikea. 

He goes on to say that he already that he already had Covid and everyone else's health isn't his responsibility. 

What a selfish piece of shit. 

• Wow 1

My parents were able to register online for the covid-19 vaccine. Now sure when they will be able to get it. Dallas country is registering Group b now and I guess they will hear from them?

I hope it doesn't take too long to get it. I know the people who had the first shot are getting the second shot this week.

Some actors on General Hospital tested positive for covid and they have suspended filming for two weeks.  

Still so many cases and deaths every day. So sad.