Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

My parents have signed up on the Dallas health site and Garland site. My dad also signed up on the VA hospital site.

So far no one in Garland has the covid vaccine. What a joke!

I also read that many doctors feel if this virus continues to change, these vaccines might not work as well as the original virust.

This doesn't surprise me at all.  By the time anyone here gets a vaccine I'm sure it'll change 5 times over.

Many countries are still not getting a hold of this virus. More and more people continue to get it and get sick and die.

The news had doctors talking to patients who had a low case of covid but are still having serious health problems after the test negative. 

This is the virus that keeps on giving. 

I hope we can all hold out to get the vaccine and maybe some day we'll get the herd thingie and save as many people as we can.

On 1/7/2021 at 1:29 AM, downzy said:

Yikes...  

4100 Americans died of covid yesterday, a new high.

Tragic.

Terrible and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I hope Biden has a plan he keeps talking about, but I doubt it'll help.

If we don't get this distribution of the vaccine under control we're all doomed.

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My brother's friend, who's a nurse in LA right now, said they have about 5 floors full of covid patients. So sad to hear this.

Dallas had over 3000 cases the other day.

My parents are still waiting to hear about when/if they can get the vaccine?

I read today that LA situation just now is terrible, to exceed the health service. 

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My parents are still waiting to hear about when/if they can get the vaccine?

Yeah TX seems to be rolling out their vaccines very slowly. My brother works for the state of TX as a behavioral psychologist and works directly with patients and just got his first one. Hope your parents get it soon!!! :heart:

Hancock on the news saying tighter rules may be needed what about going too Morrisons most are now like Glastonbury and all these flights, landing at LHR LGW from MEX AMS DXB MAD NYC only now after 10 month's they saying tests when landing in UK lols lols only 10 months later

And the 6 boats landing in Kent over this wknd with a total 135 migrants that's OK get them on land all stood on the beach for a team picture 

Edited by Gavin82

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Aldi was like a warzone this afternoon

NYE the Q for a takeaway was 3hr  someone rang 999 cos there was no SFD then all them clowns were all going too Morrisons too buy drink all stood around together in the Isles what abs plums 

On 1/10/2021 at 1:45 PM, Ratam said:

I read today that LA situation just now is terrible, to exceed the health service. 

I know my brother's friend says they keep having to make more covid floors and tons of people on on ventilators and sometimes they have to cut their throats to help them breathe. Terrible.

Today on the Talk they showed a reporter from CNN crying after visiting 10 different hospitals in LA. She just couldn't take it anymore. Seeing the families of patients who have died and how it effects everyone involved.

Even with a vaccine, still so many people are sick and dying. This virus doesn't seem to be slowing down and if it keeps changing how will we continue to deal with it?

20 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Imagine how fucked we'd be without the vaccines

Well I don't know anyone who has gotten the vaccine as yet. People have signed up online and nothing yet. I know of a few nurses and doctors and I see older people on the news, but any friends or family have not gotten their first shot as yet.

And doctors say the vaccine doesn't kick in until 2 weeks after the second dose, so if people start getting the virus between doeses what happens then?

• Sad 1

Same Shit different day.

If I hear one more doctor talking about what should be done about the virus and the vaccine I'm going to go nuts! So sick of all of them having an opinion and still nothing changes. While more and more people are dying.

Congress is trying to impeach Trump who probably won't be alive in 4 years to worry about him running for President again while they should be getting the vaccines to everyone who wants one and giving more money to people to pay their bills and feed their families.

I can't believe all the people waiting on food lines and not having a job anymore. What the fuck does Congress think or even care what these people will do? They should all be ashamed of themselves. I've never seen America in the shape it's in now. 

Some random Covid-19 observations.

Schools here have been open since May or so. Quite often classes have to g in quarantine with home schooling when someone in their age group might have corona, or some teacher at school. That's okay for us, home schooling works really well with the school being set up for remote learning very well and my wife being home and able to help them get going. A couple of days ago my youngest was sent in quarantine when someone in her class tested positive, She took the test herself this morning (and was so scared), and a few minutes ago I got informed that the test was negative. Great.

I have spending a lot of time recently at different hospitals here in Norway and it shocks me to see that most visitors don't use face masks. I come from a city where face masks are now the norm because of spikes in number of infected. But here in the south where I am now, it is not usual at all, not even in hospitals. I get that face masks are not normal in malls and so on, like it was in my city just a few months ago - but hospitals? That's just strange.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So sick of all of them having an opinion and still nothing changes.

Things don't change because someone has an opinion ;). Things change when someone figurs out the structure of the virus, someone develops a vaccine based on this information, someone tests this novel vaccines for efficacy and side effects, someone approves this vaccine for use, and it is being used on people. And this process is happening. Just relax for once. It will still get darker before it starts getting lighter - but we will see the sun again. And I am not only talking about winter season in Norway.

Hey ya'll, first time posting here. Just wanted to pass along that 3 residents of the nursing home I work at, which I won't name cause of HIPPA, tested positive the morning. As the head charge nurse said at our impromptu meeting said " we have been breached" Not only that but the woman who let people in and out of the building (and works the kitchen) tested positive this past Saturday.

Why this is scary to me is that I work housekeeping and while I was waiting for someone to open the office door so I could get my hall keys, I hung out with her and others for almost four hours.

We have to wear masks all of the time. Even if we go out for a cigarette break, we have to come back in, get our temperatures, and don a new mask. And they are not comfortable. They will cut into your nose. They look like painter's masks if you were spray painting.

All staff has to take a COVID test on Monday & Wednesday. Doesn't matter if you are off that day, you have to make a special trip for it.

Another thing that has to be done, as part of housekeeping, is we have to disinfect those rooms where people have tested positive. That means we have to don layers of PPE gear, a special type of disinfectant to clean, and do what is called  a "deep clean" This is where you have to move all of the furniture around and sweep/mop behind everything. Any clothing left behind has to be removed and sent to soiled linen. Any type of raised port-a-potty has to be removed to outside. All closets and anything with a drawer has to be wiped down. Ya know, all of that fun shit.

I'm scared to death right now because I'm literally having to put my life on the line. And what is so shitty is, I will receive no hazard pay. I know the amount of money received from each resident is at least 5 thousand dollars so you know somebody is pocketing it. A kickback if you will. I get a brand spanking 8 bucks an hour for this shit.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this. I'm out. Take care everyone.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 11:22 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Even with a vaccine, still so many people are sick and dying. This virus doesn't seem to be slowing down and if it keeps changing how will we continue to deal with it?

Well I don't know anyone who has gotten the vaccine as yet. People have signed up online and nothing yet. I know of a few nurses and doctors and I see older people on the news, but any friends or family have not gotten their first shot as yet.

I got the vaccine! I posted about it in here. I get my second shot on 2/1. My brother in San Antonio also got his and my other brother who works for the school district got his too...we are quite fortunate. But now I'm hoping my father in Mexico can get his soon and my mom in CO. The vaccine rollout under Trump has been very very slow and I feel it will improve under Bidens plan.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, action said:

is it allowed to refer to the new strain as the "british" virus I wonder?

Wouldn't that be stigmatising, the same way as there was an outrcy over the initial chinese variant?

Surely the British virus is herpes? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Where is the miserable old bugger? I've missed him this past couple of weeks. Hasn't gone and got himself banned has he? 

Maybe he got corona, for real. Or spending all his time on Parler, or whatever equivalent has popped up.

I miss @Len Cnut, though.

38 minutes ago, action said:

"the black death" was a bit problematic though was it?

We can call it "the pasty white death with bad teeth".

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Maybe he got corona, for real. Or spending all his time on Parler, or whatever equivalent has popped up.

I miss @Len Cnut, though.

We can call it "the pasty white death with bad teeth".

DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, I knew you loved me!  I felt a lingering sexual tension every time we spoke 😂

• Haha 1