Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

28 minutes ago, action said:

it will all get better when biden is president

There is no doubt in my mind that with a more competent leadership, USA would have had less deaths from Covid-19 in 2020 than what they had. I have previously posted articles on how USA fucked up its response to the pandemic, and how a lot of this was caused by the Trump administration.  

26 minutes ago, action said:

I wonder what the narrative will be when numbers don't get better under biden. I'm sure they'll find some vague causality with past decisions. Let's pretend we don't expect this.

The casualties are likely to fall significantly in 2021 - but mostly due to vaccines and not improved leadership. If the casualties don't fall - then failing vaccines/evolving virus will be the issue, and likely not poor leadership.

1 hour ago, action said:

I wonder what the narrative will be when numbers don't get better under biden. I'm sure they'll find some vague causality with past decisions. Let's pretend we don't expect this.

I am quite certain Trump's name will be used for a multitude of disasters befalling the world over the next fifty years - not just corona. 

Insert Trump's name into various historic misadventures also: Trump, the gunman on the grassy knoll; Trump killed-off the dinosaurs; Trump brought down the Roman Empire.

You have to remember, these people have basically been blaming Trump for a disease that commenced in China in a suspicious and covert manner, and have completely avoided China whilst obsessing over Trump. Totally deluded.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am quite certain Trump's name will be used for a multitude of disasters befalling the world over the next fifty years - not just corona. 

Insert Trump's name into various historic misadventures also: Trump, the gunman on the grassy knoll; Trump killed-off the dinosaurs; Trump brought down the Roman Empire.

You have to remember, these people have basically been blaming Trump for a disease that commenced in China in a suspicious and covert manner, and have completely avoided China whilst obsessing over Trump. Totally deluded.

to reference 1984, it's so convenient when you can blame everything on goldstein, to divert attention from the real bastards.

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And in regards to the excessive number of deaths in USA, compared to most other countries, who are these "real bastards"? ;)

it doesn't really matter. 

the little folk don't have a real say in anything anyway.

but if (I said: if) you believe that this is all trump's fault, then I think you've got many things to learn.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

China created corona, not Trump. 

You are like a dumb, broken troll record.

No, China didn't create the virus (which was a natural event) nor the pandemic which was inevitable.

China is not more culpable for the first Covid-19 strain than UK is for the new super infectious variant that is now spreading all over the world.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, I am curious. Who are these "real bastards" that have caused excessive deaths in USA?

I have never blamed anyone for corona.

it is you lot, who are looking for scapegoats.

but from where I'm sitting, if there are people to blame, then it can't possibly be trump, or trump alone. if that would be the case, then the first infections would have been originated in the USA, but for some time that was not the case.

So then I come to the conclusion that trump is not the cause. But I still want to follow your narrative that there are people to blame, so my final conclusion is that there are other people, the "real bastards". Who that may be, I don't know.

19 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah that’s true - different reports everywhere. I’m in London and apparently 1 in 30 are infected currently! Strange, worrying times. Stay safe.

I know all we are doing is worrying which makes your immune systems vunerable to any illness.

Many doctors are recommending meditation. My brother swears by it. It's just that when I try to be quiet my mind wanders to shit that worries me. lol Wish I could turn my mind off for at least 10 minutes. it's so hard sometimes.

You stay well too.

3 minutes ago, action said:

I have never blamed anyone for corona.

it is you lot, who are looking for scapegoats.

but from where I'm sitting, if there are people to blame, then it can't possibly be trump, or trump alone. if that would be the case, then the first infections would have been originated in the USA, but for some time that was not the case.

So then I come to the conclusion that trump is not the cause. But I still want to follow your narrative that there are people to blame, so my final conclusion is that there are other people, the "real bastards". Who that may be, I don't know.

An oft forgotten point here is that there are 218 countries in the world with corona, Trump's being merely one (of them). 

6 minutes ago, action said:

but from where I'm sitting, if there are people to blame, then it can't possibly be trump, or trump alone.

No one is saying it is Trump alone. The situation in USA is the result of incompetence throughout the administration and on the level of states. Still, Trump has probably single-handedly most of the blame. 

7 minutes ago, action said:

This argument only makes sense if you believe anybody is to blame for the virus originating :lol:

8 minutes ago, action said:

So then I come to the conclusion that trump is not the cause. 

No one is saying Trump is the cause of Covid-19 :lol: I am saying he is to a large extent blame for the mismanagement of the pandemic response in USA. Please try to keep up.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You compared today's situation with Trump and Covid-19 to 1984 and scapegoating Goldstein, so yes, that is exactly what you did :lol:

haha, no you read that wrong. I was trying to make the analogy of trump with goldstein. Goldstein, in the book 1984, was also used as the scapegoat for everything that went wrong, by "the establishment".

The analogy went over your head. I wont exhaust myself trying to explain it further to you. This is not high school.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

An oft forgotten point here is that there are 218 countries in the world with corona, Trump's being merely one (of them). 

And no one is blaming Trump for the pandemic :lol: You and @action have created your own little stupid echo chamber.

1 minute ago, action said:

haha, no you read that wrong. I was trying to make the analogy of trump with goldstein. Goldstein, in the book 1984, was also used as the scapegoat for everything that went wrong, by "the establishment".

Yes, exactly you moron! :lol:

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

No one is saying it is Trump alone. The situation in USA is the result of incompetence throughout the administration and on the level of states. Still, Trump has probably single-handedly most of the blame. 

This argument only makes sense if you believe anybody is to blame for the virus originating :lol:

No one is saying Trump is the cause of Covid-19 :lol: I am saying he is to a large extent blame for the mismanagement of the pandemic response in USA. Please try to keep up.

scapegoating

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, exactly you moron! :lol:

aaaaand I'm out

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What? The president of USA is not to be held accountable for his actions? :lol: 

everyone is accountable for their actions.

scapegoating, is singling out one person, when that is hilarious, in the face of a worldwide pandemic.

for someone as intelligent as you, I'm surprised you fail to understand this.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again, I am talking about USA's handling of Covid-19 :lol:

did I claim otherwise?

the UK, germany, france, belgium, italy, switserland... all have done an ATROCIOUS job at containing the epidemy, repeatedly. From day one, the economy was more important than human lives. This focus on trump is such a bore, it is not reality. why do all other countries get a pass?

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, when you argued that I was blaming Trump for the "worldwide pandemic".

I'm not interested in splitting hairs.

you went to uni, right? they teach you to separate the important things from the futile there. that ability is an absolute requirement to succeed at uni.