Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

A friend sent me a TikTok this morning of some fucking asshole all proud of himself because he figured out how to get away with not wearing a mask in Ikea. 

He goes on to say that he already that he already had Covid and everyone else's health isn't his responsibility. 

What a selfish piece of shit. 

What a dickhead. There are always loopholes in these regulations but it takes a special kind of wanker to selfishly seek them out and disregard everyone else's health.

• Like 1

Saw on CNN that all the other countries are way ahead of the US in giving out the vaccine for covid.  Can this time get any worse?

I do hope Biden has a plan to get those vaccines out to as many people who want it before we go on 2 years.

I hope when Trump gets the hell out, Biden gets right to work.

People need this vaccine and need more money to live on too. The $600 is not enough to pay some people's mortgages or their rent never mind buying food for a family of 4 or more.

So sick of nothing but bad news.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:52 PM, RussTCB said:

There are reports to prove just about everything on the internet. The fact that the cases actually dropped during the lockdowns means more to me than any report on the internet claiming otherwise through twisting the facts to fit their narrative. 

i agree

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

All of England has been put on Tier 4 lockdown now. But for some reason, childcare is still open, so I'll continue to take my daughter to nursrey. It's all very confusing, but having spent the majority of 2020 mopping up spills, I'll take what I can get. 

Tier 5 innit? All schools closed etc. 

• Like 1

My grandpa got the vaccine today and my grandma is getting it on Thursday! Hopefully my other grandparents can get it sooner than later with the rest of us to follow

It's rough, but the end is nigh. Can't wait to complain about Axl's voice and shape when they tour again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

My grandpa got the vaccine today and my grandma is getting it on Thursday! Hopefully my other grandparents can get it sooner than later with the rest of us to follow

It's rough, but the end is nigh. Can't wait to complain about Axl's voice and shape when they tour again.

mate, you don't know how lucky you are to still have your grandparents. that's awesome.

if I were you, I'd spend all day hearing them out about their younger years

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw on CNN that all the other countries are way ahead of the US in giving out the vaccine for covid.  Can this time get any worse?

Not sure this is exactly true - as of the weekend just gone, the US had given just over 1% of their population (>2mil) a first dose of vaccination (UK currently at 1.4% or so, with Israel leading at 12%).  Next few weeks/months quite critical in getting this rolled out.

20 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

All of England has been put on Tier 4 lockdown now. But for some reason, childcare is still open, so I'll continue to take my daughter to nursrey. It's all very confusing, but having spent the majority of 2020 mopping up spills, I'll take what I can get. 

See my boy can still go to school full time and my daughter can still go to nursary full time as both me and my wife are key workers. So in that respect, nothing has changed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, action said:

mate, you don't know how lucky you are to still have your grandparents. that's awesome.

if I were you, I'd spend all day hearing them out about their younger years

I agree. both my sets of grandparents have been gone a long time and I still miss them very much.

Hopefully, my parents who are over 65 can get their vaccine soon too. They have registered on the site, but nothing so far.

I did get an email from my doctor's office telling me info on the covid vaccine and telling me any side effects and how everyone should get the shot.

Since the US has fucked up the distribution of the vaccines, what a shock, who knows how long it'll take for all of us to get the vaccine?

Hopefully, President elect Biden has a solid plan, at least he says he has one.

I hope his plan is to get Trump out of office and have him arrested as soon as he gets out the door.

1 hour ago, ssiscool said:

See my boy can still go to school full time and my daughter can still go to nursary full time as both me and my wife are key workers. So in that respect, nothing has changed.

My daughter is in school, but I'm still working from home since last month about 4 employees tested positive for covid. I like working from home, so I'm good. My daughter's school is doing everything it can to keep the kids safe and hope it continues to work.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

👍👍:headbang:

Great news! Thanks for letting us know. Can't wait to get my shot whenever I'm eligible

9 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Not sure this is exactly true - as of the weekend just gone, the US had given just over 1% of their population (>2mil) a first dose of vaccination (UK currently at 1.4% or so, with Israel leading at 12%).  Next few weeks/months quite critical in getting this rolled out.

I know you watch one channel and they say something and then Fox news says something else.

I mostly watch my local Dallas news to see how we're doing? Not so good. lol 

Now we're in 2021 and this shit isn't any better.

I saw on the news how in California 1 in 5 people have covid and shows that are filmed in LA are held up for 2 weeks or so.

Covid is the gift that keeps on giving.

Still waiting for the box I sent my friend to get back to me. It's been over a month and some moron in her state looked at the wrong address and it's on it's way back to me but so far nothing and I have no idea which post office it's in? What a mess!

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Got my vaccine yesterday- arm just a little sore but no other side effects knock on wood. :thumbsup:

Well done. 

My employer (royal mail) are trying to get their staff vaccinated as a priority otherwise I'll be near the bottom of the list in priority. My wife will be near the top working in healthcare

9 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I bet there's loads of old codgers properly pissed off because they've had their vaccine but Spoons are shut for the next few months so they can't do fuck all anyway 😄

and their misfortune doesn't stop there, when one day they wake up and notice they turned into caiman

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree. both my sets of grandparents have been gone a long time and I still miss them very much.

Hopefully, my parents who are over 65 can get their vaccine soon too. They have registered on the site, but nothing so far.

I did get an email from my doctor's office telling me info on the covid vaccine and telling me any side effects and how everyone should get the shot.

Since the US has fucked up the distribution of the vaccines, what a shock, who knows how long it'll take for all of us to get the vaccine?

Hopefully, President elect Biden has a solid plan, at least he says he has one.

I hope his plan is to get Trump out of office and have him arrested as soon as he gets out the door.

My daughter is in school, but I'm still working from home since last month about 4 employees tested positive for covid. I like working from home, so I'm good. My daughter's school is doing everything it can to keep the kids safe and hope it continues to work.

Great news! Thanks for letting us know. Can't wait to get my shot whenever I'm eligible

ii think you're confused my post to @marlingrl03  ☺is her that was vaccined. Same thanks 👍👌

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know you watch one channel and they say something and then Fox news says something else.

I mostly watch my local Dallas news to see how we're doing? Not so good. lol 

Now we're in 2021 and this shit isn't any better.

I saw on the news how in California 1 in 5 people have covid and shows that are filmed in LA are held up for 2 weeks or so.

Covid is the gift that keeps on giving.

Still waiting for the box I sent my friend to get back to me. It's been over a month and some moron in her state looked at the wrong address and it's on it's way back to me but so far nothing and I have no idea which post office it's in? What a mess!

Yeah that’s true - different reports everywhere. I’m in London and apparently 1 in 30 are infected currently! Strange, worrying times. Stay safe.

Killer granny who 'made snacks out of the flesh of her victims' dies of Covid-19

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/killer-granny-who-made-snacks-23267637

WHO team investigating virus origins denied entry to China (that will be Trump's fault I suppose?),

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-55555466

Edited by DieselDaisy