Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

I don't understand my own government. This mutated virus is appearing more and more here, so why not at least ban every flight from the UK? We are in another lockdown since December, almost everything is closed, including schools, yet they do allow flights from the UK to come here. I saw a news report where they were interviewing passengers from the UK who had just arrived here. Some of them were tourists coming here for a holiday, not even essential travellers. Unbelievable.

I agree. They should, most countries should!....so a case of this mutated virus is now in Mexico. Brought by?

You guessed it, a British traveler!! Oy! :mellow:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I agree. They should, most countries should!....so a case of this mutated virus is now in Mexico. Brought by?

You guessed it, a British traveler!! Oy! :mellow:

Here same, An Argentinian that live in Uk arrived with it mutated virus, and now he is isolated.

• Wow 1

Cancelling all public flights from the start would have been a good idea. Let the airlines and associated industries take the brunt. Any emergency/diplomatic flights can be arranged by a chartered private flight. 

I understand that many passenger planes have been reappropriated for cargo. 

Sadly the British take the most foreign holidays of any nation. It's ingrained in our culture. People will just pay for a holiday on their credit card and worry about paying for it later. It's mainly due to the combination of terrible weather and the high cost of holidays in the UK. Plus, thanks to putting in the early work, we can enjoy the legacy of colonialism by not having to learn a forrin' language! 

I'm sorry that some British people are making the situation worse in some countries. I find it embarrassing that folks think they're above the law. 

Edited by Gracii Guns

Well, Im on the side of living your life and not letting COVID take your freedoms away. Let people that want to live do it and anyone that want to sit it out out of fear of COVID can. It isn't fair to put economic burden on people trying to make an honest living by shutting them down.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sliverjazz said:

Maybe these attenuated "rushed to market" vaccines are causing some mutant COVID to start spreading?

No. 

5 hours ago, sliverjazz said:

Well, Im on the side of living your life and not letting COVID take your freedoms away. Let people that want to live do it and anyone that want to sit it out out of fear of COVID can. 

Restrictions must affect everybody. 

On 1/19/2021 at 5:16 PM, EvanG said:

I don't understand my own government. This mutated virus is appearing more and more here, so why not at least ban every flight from the UK? We are in another lockdown since December, almost everything is closed, including schools, yet they do allow flights from the UK to come here. I saw a news report where they were interviewing passengers from the UK who had just arrived here. Some of them were tourists coming here for a holiday, not even essential travellers. Unbelievable.

Well, the government finally decided to ban all flights from the UK, South Africa and countries in South America where there is a mutated virus, starting this saturday. Don't know why this didn't happen sooner...

9 hours ago, sliverjazz said:

Well, Im on the side of living your life and not letting COVID take your freedoms away. Let people that want to live do it and anyone that want to sit it out out of fear of COVID can. It isn't fair to put economic burden on people trying to make an honest living by shutting them down.

It's about protecting those who are part of the risk group and have good reasons to be afraid, and making sure the hospitals aren't getting overwhelmed. But I'm sure you already know this.

Edited by EvanG

54 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Well, the government finally decided to ban all flights from the UK, South Africa and countries in South America where there is a mutated virus, starting this saturday. Don't know why this didn't happen sooner...

It's about protecting those who are part of the risk group and have good reasons to be afraid, and making sure the hospitals aren't getting overwhelmed. But I'm sure you already know this.

I think it's too late to ban those. They're talking about banning non-essential travel here. But even then people can still drive to France or Holland and catch a flight there. Some people apparently still 'need a holiday'.

38 minutes ago, Lio said:

I think it's too late to ban those. They're talking about banning non-essential travel here. But even then people can still drive to France or Holland and catch a flight there. Some people apparently still 'need a holiday'.

I agree, it's not difficult to get here by car from the UK or find another way, but I read that there are on average 16 flights from the UK arriving here on a daily basis, I'm hoping that the mutated virus will at least spread less quickly this way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sliverjazz said:

This mindset makes zero sense. It is a virus. It spreads from person to person. You can't just "decide" to be safe or cautious and be fine. If a moron is ignoring the pandemic, their selfishness literally spreads to those who are taking it seriously

11 hours ago, sliverjazz said:

Maybe these attenuated "rushed to market" vaccines are causing some mutant COVID to start spreading?

Jesus christ

Dr. Fauci is now saying either wear a mask with a filter or two masks to cover your face. it seems by the end of February the new strain of covid will be in all the US states and it is more infectious than the original strain. I do think this virus is thinking and is way ahead of all of us including the doctors.

I have tons of masks with filters so I'm good for now. But who knows what the future will bring?

I think even with a vaccine, some people will still get covid and hopefully may live, but then again who knows? At least now the doctors and President Biden are telling you they don't know. Not that it helps me worry less.

37 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Larry King died about Covid. RIP.

RIP Larry, but after watching "Bombshell" about Fox news and Megan Kelly, he wasn't such a stand up guy. He had a good long life and tons of money so there you go!

On 1/18/2021 at 6:09 AM, EvanG said:

This ''british'' mutated virus is becoming a big problem here yet there are still 16 flights from the UK arriving here every single day. I don't get it, just close the border already with no exceptions.

It is already in many US states and the doctors believe it'll be in all the states by the end of February. And still many people don't have the vaccine yet. Oh joy!

Many of the National Guard who fought the rioters two weeks ago came down with covid due to many not wearing masks and being attacked by them. Wasn't surprised by this at all.

I hope President Biden makes it mandatory for everyone to wear a mask no matter where you live. It has to be done because many people still won't wear one and not sure if we can slow this virus down without wearing a mask around others and with it mutating so quickly, who knows?

On 1/20/2021 at 8:57 PM, sliverjazz said:

"Living your life and not letting covid take your freedoms away" sounds great in a vacuum. But while you're going on your merry way being irresponsible it effects everyone else. Your argument is so old and tired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, lame ass security said:

"Living your life and not letting covid take your freedoms away" sounds great in a vacuum. But while you're going on your merry way being irresponsible it effects everyone else. Your argument is so old and tired. 

Everyone else can get a vaccine (even though with getting a vaccine you can still contract and spread the virus). 

I hope Biden can do his plan of vaccinated as many people as possible in the first 100 days.

My mom got an email from Tom Thumb (it's a local supermarket) and they said they will be getting the vaccine soon. I hope so and i think Walmart and the local pharmacies will be getting the vaccines too. 

The doctors are saying you can wait 6 weeks to get the second shot, but then some doctors said they hope it'll be sooner between shots. Here we go again.

1 hour ago, gt72 said:

Just got the first dose of moderna vaccine yesterday.Arm aches a tad and a slight headache today but from my understanding the second shot can do a bit of a number in you for a couple of days 

It are normal symptom, nothing to worry. Good luck with second shot 👍