Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

25 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

I would really like to hear @SoulMonster's input about this. Or anyone else's who can shed some light on this. Here in Belgium they say that there are less blood clots in non-vaccinated people than in the Astra Zeneca vaccinated population. Of course people will still be getting blood clots and die, regardless of the vaccine. Like our minister said: If someone drinks a glass of water and dies the day after, will we blame the water? That seems so logical, so why stop the vaccination if vaccinated people get less blood clots than the overall population?

It makes me wonder if we're not being told something. Or why do so many countries temporarily stop using AZ? Is this some witch hunt on Astra Zeneca because they don't deliver as much as they promised? Is it some kind of powerplay to do with Britain supposedly hoarding vaccines? I don't get it at all. I'm sure people have gotten blood clots after being vaccinated with Pfizer, so why only Astra Zeneca now? If it's really 30 people out of millions in the EU? Britain has vaccinated so many with Astra Zeneca, and yet there seems to be no problem at all there.

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I would really like to hear @SoulMonster's input about this. Or anyone else's who can shed some light on this. Here in Belgium they say that there are less blood clots in non-vaccinated people than in the Astra Zeneca vaccinated population. Of course people will still be getting blood clots and die, regardless of the vaccine. Like our minister said: If someone drinks a glass of water and dies the day after, will we blame the water? That seems so logical, so why stop the vaccination if vaccinated people get less blood clots than the overall population?

It makes me wonder if we're not being told something. Or why do so many countries temporarily stop using AZ? Is this some witch hunt on Astra Zeneca because they don't deliver as much as they promised? Is it some kind of powerplay to do with Britain supposedly hoarding vaccines? I don't get it at all. I'm sure people have gotten blood clots after being vaccinated with Pfizer, so why only Astra Zeneca now? If it's really 30 people out of millions in the EU? Britain has vaccinated so many with Astra Zeneca, and yet there seems to be no problem at all there.

Apparently, there might have been an unusual amount of people having blood clots among those vaccinated with the AZ vaccines, at least in Denmark. It could be coincidental or it could be an unknown side effect that for some reason went undetected in the clinical trials. Most likely it is a statistical fluke. Nevertheless, some countries have halted administration of the AZ vaccine while this is being investigated. 

• Like 1

Texas beaches in Galveston were full this weekend. Of course, no masks were worn by most beach goers.  Bars were full too.

The news interviewed some people. Most weren't worried. Dummies. Others wore masks when they shopped around the streets.

I'm sure Florida had a busy weekend too. This week is spring break in many states.  Let's see how fast the covid numbers go up again.

Dallas is now giving the vaccine to anyone over 50 years old.

My city has left over vaccines and they are giving it to the school district so I'm hoping all the teachers can be vaccinated before school is back next Monday. Also some areas where people have trouble getting to a vaccine site or can't sign up were giving bus transportation to vaccine sites today for their shots. 

It seems Texas is doing a great job of getting as many people vaccinated as they can.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, lame ass security said:

There were 572 deaths in the U.S. on Sunday, down from over 1800 on Saturday. That's definitely trending in the right direction. 

Well, this week was spring break and the beaches were packed. No masks here in Texas anymore. And the bars were packed too. Let's see in the next few weeks how the numbers are then?

• Like 1

Norway registered its highest number of new cases today. We have also closed down the borders with few exceptions meaning that an intern that was supposed to come join my company can't travel here. 

I wish the vaccination could go a bit faster. The government are blaming the slow trickle of vaccines coming to Norway, but I believe the logistics of simply vaccinating people is not as efficient as it should be, with lots of administrative stuff resulting a sluggish process. Anyway, despite the record numbers today, with vaccination underway we are approaching an end, of sorts.

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Norway registered its highest number of new cases today. We have also closed down the borders with few exceptions meaning that an intern that was supposed to come join my company can't travel here. 

I wish the vaccination could go a bit faster. The government are blaming the slow trickle of vaccines coming to Norway, but I believe the logistics of simply vaccinating people is not as efficient as it should be, with lots of administrative stuff resulting a sluggish process. Anyway, despite the record numbers today, with vaccination underway we are approaching an end, of sorts.

You know we're living in the end times when Boris Johnson of all fucking people is showing the world how it should be done. :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Good article on why Europe lags the developed world (though Canada isn’t far off, mostly because we have no domestic production capacity):

Doctors on CNN were talking about how humans are invading animal habitats more and more and interacting with animals that carry viruses and other diseases.

I believe this to be true, but also because we don't respect these places nor are we caring for the earth this is why we have covid and probably will continue to have more and more diseases in the future. 

Humans want what they want and don't respect the earth as we should. Look at the oceans and the land and the forests.  This is our planet yet so many of us don't seem to give a shit and then bitch and moan when we get a virus and won't wear a mask.

And now so many Americans don't trust the government giving out vaccines. One person said they think it contains a tracker so the government knows where you are and what you're doing? if you have nothing to hide what the fuck should you care?

One woman lost two members of her family to covid, but won't get the vaccine. As long as people think this way and don't get the vaccine, this virus will continue to thrive and change and most likely become resistant to the vaccines we have now.

Good luck! And wanna bet these freaks won't get the virus, but will give it to others. What a bitch!

On 3/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, Dean said:

Did you ask which vaccine you received? I'm due mine a week today, I probably should have stayed clear of this thread though, ha! 

I got moderna. That's what most people have gotten in Texas and most states.

Take whatever they have. It will help keep you from getting the virus.

• GNFNR 1

On 3/19/2021 at 8:54 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

How come it is so hard for Europe to get the vaccines they need?

If the US has the vaccines doesn't Europe have them too?

Is it the variants that are messing things up?

Moderna and Astra Zeneca are consistently delivering far less than they agreed on (often not even half of what was promised). It seems like dirty games are being played, but I don't really know what to believe. Seems like UK and US are blocking the export of vaccines that are produced in their countries while lots are being manufactured here in Europe and shipped abroad. EU was talking about blocking export of namely Astra Zeneca until they deliver the promised vaccines in the EU. Astra Zeneca's CEO was saying they have production troubles, but they seem to be delivering fine in the UK.

And lo and behold, suddenly we have all these doubts about the Astra Zeneca vaccine in the EU. I can't help but feeling suspicious about whatever political games are being played everywhere.

I read that J&J found a German company to bottle the vaccines, which is great for us in EU, because as it was, vaccines would be produced here, but shipped to bottle in the US, and then the US would just keep those EU produced vaccines, because they're not allowed to export vaccines.

Ugh, I hate all those games being played. I just want this to be over with now. Or at least see some light at the end of the tunnel. We were told that it would be a tough winter, but then it would finally get better. Today Spring starts, and things are getting worse again instead of better. And we've been vaccinating for almost 3 months now. It's just pathetic. We're at around 10 percent of the adult population that has had the first jab. Can't wait until I get mine, I'm running out of patience.

I think I read that the UK strategy has been to invest as many as possible with one shot (even if two is required for full immunization), because it is expected that even one shot provides substantial protection, and then administer the second shot later. This quickly achieving a good general protection in the population. Most other countries focus on full-vaccinating people, so instead of vaccinating two people with one shot each, they vaccinate one person with two shots. Later, UK will of course make sure that everybody got two shots and are fully vaccinated. Don't know if this is true, but makes a lot of sense to me.