SMKC „The River Is Rising“ tour

SAU3R

On 3/10/2022 at 10:02 PM, Estranged Reality said:

I went to the MD show last night and they went on about an hour after doors and played just over two hours. 

I've long thought The One You Loved Is Gone has one of his best solos in recent memory and he transformed it into a show stopping performance with the extended improv solo. It was incredible to witness. 

Here's my recording of Spirit Love:

Didn't know they started playing this live. Thanks for sharing! 

• GNFNR 1

56 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Frank Sedoris just messaged me on Instagram after I commented sating about the one you loved is gone

its replaced and seems like for good

That's sad. It was probably the best song on LTD and definitely one of the highlights of previous shows.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, wp9215 said:

Any interest in 2 Orchestra seats, Slash side for the Beacon Theatre tomorrow night? Looking to sell for cost, $165 each.

Updating this to say...still trying to sell the pair, but if I don't I'm probably going solo and wil have an extra ticket if anyone is interested.

44 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

I really like that song and it was a show stopper in Maryland but I was bummed they didn't play Fall Back to Earth. Probably the "heaviest" /most emotional track on the new record. 

That melodie and the emotion in those leads are classic Slash imo... 

Went to the NYC show at the Beacon solo on Saturday after I couldn't give away my spare. I had awesome seats 8th row orchestra on Slash's side and the show was great. 

I stayed after outside by the bus to try and see Slash and the band and hopefully get something signed. Me and around 15 people waited in the freezing cold (it was pretty rough, i know it was my coice though) for around 45 minutes, and Slash came out only to say that he wasn't signing. Just to be clear, I'm not angry or in anyway downing Slash, but it was a bummer. I think he gave a reason but he was about 30 feet away from us and I was a little stunned by it, so I didn't hear. I'm thinking maybe it's still because of COVID and maybe something written into his contract with the tour manager? Does anyone know? Has he been signing anywhere else, as I've always seen him being very interactive with fans.

It was definitely a bummer though, as I was in prime position if he did sign anything. It was my nephew/godson's birthday and I wanted to get something signed for him (and of course my mini replica Slash Les Paul guitar signed, which would have made my year). And again just to be clear before getting attacked, I'm not complaining, just curious. I really think it must be some COVID contractual thing.

• Sad 1

Great show in Nashville! I've actually never seen a concert at the Grand Ole Opry (seen a couple at the Ryman, but never the Opry) so that was cool. Slash tore it up, just like the other couple times I've seen him. Myles also sounded great though I felt the vocals overall, including Todd, were a little low in the mix, at least from where I was sitting. Overall no complaints though -- this is a great live band. 

They debuted "April Fool," which was awesome for me because it's my second favorite on the album after Fill My World, which they also of course played. Didn't play The One You Loved Is Gone, did Fall Back to Earth instead. Opened with Driving Rain, closed regular set with You're a Lie and Anastasia for the encore. Slash had a Ukraine flag draped over one of his amps and Brent had a small one in front of his drum set. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1