SMKC „The River Is Rising“ tour

SAU3R

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Thank god i saw them the last tour. I wouldn't pay a ticket right now with this setlist. 

It was the highlight of the show's i've seen. I can't believe they not playing it. 

Seen them twice; once each the last two tours. The setlists seem to be getting progressively worse each tour but we'll see where they land after a handful of shows. The Melbourne show in hindsight was an incredible setlist (also had Steel Panther open with a 90-minute set - such an awesome night).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2015/festival-hall-melbourne-australia-73cbba91.html 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2019/eventim-apollo-london-england-7b954648.html

I hate that Slither is now a GNR song, especially as SMKC do it so much better and it fits the shows incredibly well. Add Slither, Wicked Stone and Starlight in and all of a sudden it's much stronger. Then you could have a few interchangeable songs depending on how they feel on the night

• Like 2

In terms of set, wouldn't mind something like the below.

Driving Rain
Call off the Dogs
Halo / No More Heroes / Bad Rain
My Antidote
Beggars and Hangers On / Always on the Run / Speed Parade
By the Sword / Back From Cali / Beautiful Dangerous
(Insert whatever other song is good on 4)
Rocket Man
Dr Alibi (Todd)
Out To Get Me / It's So Easy (Todd)
Shadow Life / Beneath the Savage Sun / The Unholy / Avalon / Withered Delilah / Bent to Fly
Gotten / Battleground / Fall to Pieces / Not For Me
Fill My World
Call of the Wild / Mind Your Manners
Wicked Stone
River is Rising
Starlight
You're a Lie
World on Fire

Slither
Anastasia

Edited by Towlie

6 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I like this setlist

It's the kind of setlist I'm sure I'd like if I was seeing the band every 18 months. 

When it's four years between gigs, it makes it harder to swallow. 

Edited by Towlie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

I like this setlist

Same. Nice to see some rarities chucked in too.

I just wish Call of the Wild was still there. I know Living The Dream isn't the most loved record around here, but that song always does it for me, especially live.

The great thing about an SMKC tour is they intentionally play every song off the album at some point during the tour, so we know this'll evolve and change over the next year.

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

Thats a very nice set list. Glad Apocalyptic Love is getting some love as is the Snakepit. Great choice of covers - if they can be called that - with Rocket Man and Always In The Run.

I could do without Nothing To Say but other than that it's solid.

One week for me!

Edited by Chuerta86

9 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Myles sounds soooooooooo damn good on this... I don't like the encore, Anastasia is just meh for me, they should play Slither or Nightrain as the last song, right after Anastasia.

That sounds great, thanks for sharing the video.

If it were me I would do WOF as the last song, Anastasia as the last song in the main set. Slither or Nightrain could be in the encore, maybe throw in another song too. But I don't think we'll be hearing those again for a long time.

6 hours ago, Towlie said:

It's the kind of setlist I'm sure I'd like if I was seeing the band every 18 months. 

When it's four years between gigs, it makes it harder to swallow. 

Yeah, it's like both good and bad. Like if the tour had already been going on for a while then this would've been cool.

5 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Same. Nice to see some rarities chucked in too.

I just wish Call of the Wild was still there. I know Living The Dream isn't the most loved record around here, but that song always does it for me, especially live.

The great thing about an SMKC tour is they intentionally play every song off the album at some point during the tour, so we know this'll evolve and change over the next year.

I like Call of the Wild too, I think that's the perfect opener. Not really into Driving Rain being the first song.

Well it's cool that they added some of the songs that I mentioned yesterday, I guess we'll see if they continue to change it up between shows or settle into a consistent set. Interesting that they didn't play Halo or Ghost and some of the other past staples. If they do change it up significantly each show then next week should be interesting since I'm seeing them 3 times.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Towlie said:

Surprising lack of WOF material - no Wicked Stone is criminal.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't make an appearance.

13 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Thank god I saw them the last tour. I wouldn't pay a ticket right now with this setlist. 

It was the highlight of the show's I've seen. I can't believe they're not playing it. 

That said on the last tour it was extended along with World On Fire. Similar to how Rocket Queen is lately.

Is it just me or does it feel like they're holding back a bit? Like these videos have less intensity etc than past tours, maybe they're still getting the first show jitters worked out. Some of these videos look like they're still doing soundcheck to me, I hope they've got it all worked out by next week when I see them.

I'm seeing them in NYC at the Beacon Theatre. I'm dying to see serial killer. I'm really hoping they swap that with speed parade. Nothing to say is a nice surprise always liked that one. The One You Loved is gone is beautiful, and putting it with fill my world is a nice combo

But where the actually F is wicked stone? I was disappointed not seeing beneath the savage sun last tour but jeez those are two of the biggest songs off of WoF. I appreciate some of the deeper cuts slash is pulling out but eesh would adding in wicked stone for a 22nd song hurt anyone? 

• Like 1