Do you think there's "meaning" behind having Chinese Democracy and Slither played back to back at the shows?

They're both played in drop D tuning, instead of E flat tuning, which is the tuning of most Gn'R songs, so it's probably more of a convenience thing, meaning not having to change guitars after one song. Which doesn't take too much time, though, obviously, but it would kinda break the flow of high energy songs. And I guess they just dig how they go back to back.

And no matter what anyone says, after six years of this reunion it's still cool to hear them play Velvet Revolver songs and Chinese Democracy songs, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

They're both played in drop D tuning, instead of E flat tuning, which is the tuning of most Gn'R songs, so it's probably more of a convenience thing, meaning not having to change guitars after one song. Which doesn't take too much time, though, obviously, but it would kinda break the flow of high energy songs. And I guess they just dig how they go back to back.

And no matter what anyone says, after six years of this reunion it's still cool to hear them play Velvet Revolver songs and Chinese Democracy songs, in my opinion.

Nice theory but Slash changes guitars between those songs anyway.

17 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

absolutely, and I think the answer is in both songs, between lyrics, you probably have to mix the lyrics all together, read it backwards and find the clue

I've heard that if you play it backwards, it says "Satan is your lord" or something like that. 

Is there a meaning behind it ? Yeah it means biggie and Tupac and the reverse vampires and saucer people are planning a massive comeback tour from the land of the upside down. Jesus h Christ we need new music. And I’m surprised there hasn’t been threads trying to make it out there’s a meaning behind the track listing on the albums.