GNR Songs you didn't like at first, but grew on you? 😀

I HATED My World when I first heard it,  my thoughts were,"My World is an appalling song that I never want to hear again." 😱 Fans put My World into perspective, saying something like,"Use Your Illusions Part 2 is full of melancholy, depressing, downbeat, tension filled songs. My World is Axl's way of saying,"What a drag Use Your Illusions Part 2 really is. Let's have some fun with My World! And showed his fun, playful, funny, I don't give a fuc," side. My World actually alleviates a lot of the tension that Use Your Illusions Part 2 is full of." With that perspective, I saw My World in a comedic, playful way, and not the appalling song it seemed to be to me at first glance(er, listen) 😀

What about you? 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Screamin' Demon said:

I would have to think about that one, but one that I loved at first but came to hate because I found it unbearably cheesy would definitely be Sweet Child O' Mine :hahafyou:

I thought you were going to say you loved SCOM at first, but came to hate it because it was overplayed. SCOM is one of their most overplayed songs, ever. In fact, at one point, I thought SCOM was their ONLY hit song due to the overplay it got. Even today, SCOM is one of their most overplayed songs. It's still a very good song however. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Karice said:

I thought you were going to say you loved SCOM at first, but came to hate it because it was overplayed. SCOM is one of their most overplayed songs, ever. In fact, at one point, I thought SCOM was their ONLY hit song due to the overplay it got. Even today, SCOM is one of their most overplayed songs. It's still a very good song however. 

Looking at it logically, I can't argue with that. I guess there is just something about the song that I now dislike. But then we all change our music tastes; I loved hard rock & heavy metal especially for their angry songs because I myself was dealing with a lot of anger, but came to a point after sometime that I no longer wanted that emotion to rule my life & wanted to feel peace & serenity, so I turned to new-age, Celtic, ambient-electronic music: my favourite 2 being Enigma & Enya 🥰🥰🥰

33 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Prostitute. Wasn't too crazy about it at the beginning, but it grew on me, and today I think Axl should sing it instead of Better. It has the clean voice, and it's a pretty cool song with an awesome finale. 

Is that the one that starts off as kind of annoying, but actually gets really good? I know Chinese Democracy starts off as really weird, (Seriously, roughly the first minute is just weird noises and creepy sounds, and then an awesome, slamming  guitar intro starts and Axl's amazing two toned singing kicks in(Mature Axl and Young Axl "sing," together, and it sounds awesome) 😀 But I think Prostitute starts off as lame and stupid and then gets really good. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Screamin' Demon said:

Looking at it logically, I can't argue with that. I guess there is just something about the song that I now dislike. But then we all change our music tastes; I loved hard rock & heavy metal especially for their angry songs because I myself was dealing with a lot of anger, but came to a point after sometime that I no longer wanted that emotion to rule my life & wanted to feel peace & serenity, so I turned to new-age, Celtic, ambient-electronic music: my favourite 2 being Enigma & Enya 🥰🥰🥰

Dee Schneider recently said something similar about his,"We're Not Going To Take It Anymore," days saying something like,"During those days, I was much younger and  angrier and now that I'm much older, I'm not that angry person I was back then. Even Older(Current) Axl seems to have the same attitude (Very angry when younger, calm when older,). 😀

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Is that the one that starts off as kind of annoying, but actually gets really good? I know Chinese Democracy starts off as really weird, (Seriously, roughly the first minute is just weird noises and creepy sounds, and then an awesome, slamming  guitar intro starts and Axl's amazing two toned singing kicks in(Mature Axl and Young Axl "sing," together, and it sounds awesome) 😀 But I think Prostitute starts off as lame and stupid and then gets really good. 

Idk, this description could also fit Scraped. You need to do your HW and get to know all the albums properly. 

42 minutes ago, EvH said:

I hope your posts will do as well !

I remember at least one person saying something like,90 percent of Karice's posts and threads are kind of weird, and annoying but out of nowhere, she'll pull out a few  REALLY good thread/posts that are actually really insightful and mature and you wonder,"Did Karice just make that really good, mature, and insightful Thread/post?"

• Haha 1

As far as the original band went, I have liked every single song except for My World. That thing was a joke then, and it's a joke now. Although I do appreciate Axl's willingness to try something new and different. But yeah... not cool lol.

Edited by Nintari

1 hour ago, Nintari said:

As far as the original band went, I have liked every single song except for My World. That thing was a joke then, and it's a joke now. Although I do appreciate Axl's willingness to try something new and different. But yeah... not cool lol.

Axl was on mushrooms when he recorded My World. 🤣