The Spotify X-Files thread

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There are 12 more between Hard Skool and the next song by another artist. But it doesn't mean that all these blank spots would be filled if there was an album. As we were discussing then, it seems it's a standard practice by major labels to reserve about 25 spots (because, for example, there could be a change in the mix of a song at the last minute, so that new mix would need another spot since it counts as a unique recording).

Oh I've seen that... the same happened for Chinese right? And I also noticed that some of the spots that we thought were for Shadow or You are Crazy live or Dont cry are different, but I guess that's been discussed already?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Oh I've seen that... the same happened for Chinese right? And I also noticed that some of the spots that we thought were for Shadow or You are Crazy live or Dont cry are different, but I guess that's been discussed already?

I don't remember I it has been discussed, but yeah, the live tracks have not taken any of the blank spots between Absurd and Hard Skool.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Here's a theory I've been thinking of that can explain most of our confusions.

"CDII" has been at the very least, submitted to album and song databases in some form. Whatever this is, one of the websites that Spotify can extract data and web crawl from. It might be similar to whatever people found missing numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd from, except now they have titles, or quite possibly placeholder titles like "The General" and "Oklahoma" which are subject to change. It is not an imminent release, and with GNR it could get cancelled at any notice anyways, but something planned for next year, like if GNR plans to tour the USA again which many are theorizing. This is why the songs only appear in some countries, there is not an imminent rush to finalize everything or put it in every country's database right now since it will not have a wide release for quite possibly months. This could happen with every artist but we just don't know it since it's very rare fanbases know the titles of possible songs up to 20 years in advance. Or if it's algorithmic, it finds a link between the two if people are searching for it and they exist in song databases in some form, since the song titles that have shown up minus Ballad of Death* are very legitimately tracks on the new album and nothing far fetched to think about.

*Ballad of Death showing up is not a surprise for a lot of people since the song, Ashba and GNR has a large history together so it can be purely algorithmic a lot more reliably 

This explains why we can't make things like Going Down, Red Panda, Circus Maximus appear when in reality if we've made Cuban Skies appear all three of those should've shown up by now. It explains why some countries only have some results, and some have none, and in months from now they theoretically should all appear when the album is closer to release. 

This makes the most sense to me ultimately. This doesn't mean the album is 100% since it's GNR but maybe it's been submitted in some databases that Spotify specifically can pick up on.

That is a good theory and I agree with It, but I don't think is something planned for a year or so, I really think that It can be in the next 3 months, if your plan right now is to release an album in a year, why would you upload it so before? You could just submit It like a month before or 3 weeks!

Well that's my point but I don't know anything more than you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

That is a good theory and I agree with It, but I don't think is something planned for a year or so, I really think that It can be in the next 3 months, if your plan right now is to release an album in a year, why would you upload it so before? You could just submit It like a month before or 3 weeks!

Well that's my point but I don't know anything more than you!

Yeah, the difficult thing is we don't have precedent really for this because most bands don't have their song titles known this far in advance. Which is why I think it's possible it could be planned for something like Spring.

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah, the difficult thing is we don't have precedent really for this because most bands don't have their song titles known this far in advance. Which is why I think it's possible it could be planned for something like Spring.

Yeah, we don't have evidence that's true😅 so let's keep speculating maybe we just find the answer or a good theory😁, but I think that we are near for something!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You're from Germany, right? It still appears for me with VPN to Germany, but not the whole phrase (only as "atlas shrug")

Yes, I'm from Germany. But also nothing with "atlas shrug". Maybe with a browser on a computer and not with an app on my mobile... Going to check it out later... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Yes, I'm from Germany. But also nothing with "atlas shrug". Maybe with a browser on a computer and not with an app on my mobile... Going to check it out later... 

It's there again! "atlas shrug". But only with small letters.. 🤔 

Also the whole title "atlas shrugged"!  Also "state of grace" 

No "oklahoma", "perhaps", "cuban skies", "thyme"... 

Edited by ZODIAC