The Spotify X-Files thread

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’ve been thinking there’s gotta be some weird variations out there. I wonder if Oklahoma stops at Oklaho because of some weird symbol or thing Axl added. Either way this Se7en find is huge in my opinion. That’s WAY too specific for something to not be in the system to some extent. Crazy find.

Oklahoma worked with the full word for me. And although in most countries it works only with "soul mo" or "soul mon", in the UK it works with the full phrase. So I don't think it's that, at least for the other songs. Se7en/Seven is very interesting, though - probably the numerical makes a difference as opposed to reverse letters like on Absurd or different spellings like Hard Skool.

• ABSUЯD 1

Yeah, actually I remember the build up to Hard Skool people could get GNR in the results if they typed Hardschool or Hard School. So who knows what “edgy” things Axl has added since then. At the very least there’s quite possibly variations out there of some of the song titles that could yield stronger GNR results and the titles we’ve been searching are kinda weak because they are thinking it’s a mistake like “Hardschool” instead of “Hard Skool”.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah, actually I remember the build up to Hard Skool people could get GNR in the results if they typed Hardschool or Hard School. So who knows what “edgy” things Axl has added since then. At the very least there’s quite possibly variations out there of some of the song titles that could yield stronger GNR results and the titles we’ve been searching are kinda weak because they are thinking it’s a mistake like “Hardschool” instead of “Hard Skool”.

Yeah, and now if you search for "Hard School" you'll get Hard Skool - and, of course, you get the correct result with "Absurd".

I have mentioned before that I have searched for "nuthing" and although it returns results with this spelling first (like hip hop songs and artists), it also returns results for "Nothing".

But then "se7en" also returns "seven" results (e.g. Seven Nation Army), so it looks for close matches in this case as well (and not only for exact matches). So, maybe because the track is still "hidden" in the system and there are too many "seven" results (very common word), it brings up GN'R only if you type the exact spelling with the number.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, and now if you search for "Hard School" you'll get Hard Skool - and, of course, you get the correct result with "Absurd".

I have mentioned before that I have searched for "nuthing" and although it returns results with this spelling first (like hip hop songs and artists), it also returns results for "Nothing".

But then "se7en" also returns "seven" results (e.g. Seven Nation Army), so it looks for close matches in this case as well (and not only for exact matches). So, maybe because the track is still "hidden" in the system and there are too many "seven" results (very common word), it brings up GN'R only if you type the exact spelling with the number.

So it's safe to say that "Se7en" can be added to the list of songs that were given by GNR to Spotify as unreleased right? How many do we have now? SOG, Atlas, Perhaps, Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, The General, Thyme, Zodiac, Oklahoma, Se7en, anything missing? That's a whole goddamn album now:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

3 hours ago, jettesnel said:

I promised myself not to be involved in this anymore, but I found something intresting. If you search for se7en, absurd shows up, but if you search for seven, absurd  doesnt show up. 

Screenshot-20221002-134942-Spotify.jpg

Screenshot-20221002-135656-Spotify.jpg

Thanks man!

Ok now who is gonna say Se7en is because of the algorithm and not Seven🤣, not even a 4 year old would say that at this point, this one for me is the fattest clue yet! I'm now leaning again towards the album side of the fence. :axl:

And now also the blank spots between HS and Absurd match the number of songs we've found

• Like 1

Just now, metalavenger99 said:

Oh man

If someone finds a connection between that movie and GNR, I 'll delete my post (but I still don't know why it wouldn't bring up SCOM or  Jungle instead of Absurd).

I suppose GNR could have used that spelling (unless it's trademarked) still interesting it brings up Absurd. Just thought I'd point out the spelling has been used before

By now:

- We have exactly the same blank spots between Absurd and Hardskool that songs we found 

- We found Se7en as not the name that initially It had, so how many people have been searching Se7en instead of Seven?

- Slash said that probably release one or two new songs but June, we are at october, maybe the delay is because plans have changed to good plans, I think everybody understand me.

- A soundcheck from an unknown song exactly as the same time or in a short period of time between we found the first song in Spotify and now.

- A comment from here from a high source from Spotify that It can be a release of all of this stuff.

I think It's too much coincidence that all this is happening and that cannot be something!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

6 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

- We found Se7en as not the name that initially It had, so how many people have been searching Se7en instead of Seven?

I actually did search for Seven seven and Se7en about 10 days ago. It returned no GN'R related results so I never mentioned it.

4 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I noticed one thing also (maybe it's obvious) If GNR uploaded Seven data to Spotify in case it leaks, to prevent it being uploaded, why it's working with Se7en and not Seven? Maybe that's a point in favor of "Seven" being one of the songs reworked by Slash?

Yeah, I addressed this earlier. Apparently the algorithm looks not only for exact matches ("se7en") but also for close matches ("seven"). And "seven" is a very common word, so there are too many results for active tracks. So, assuming that the data for the track are in Spotify's system but, of course, it's not active yet, it brings up GN'R only if you type the exact title with the number (even it has been submitted as both "seven" and "se7en").

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, the movie soundtrack even comes up among the first results. There is no connection between GN'R and the movie, as far as I know.

Oh fuck I just realised of course there is a connection. One of the samples in maddy is from the movie

"How can a person grow up with this all around them" morgan freeman se7en

giphy.gif

Edited by Shacklermyrye

12 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Oh fuck I just realised of course there is a connection. One of the samples in maddy is from the movie

"How can a person grow up with this all around them" morgan freeman se7en

‘I felt this fear’ is also sampled from that movie when Somerset discovered his girlfriend was pregnant 

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If that was the connection the song would show Madagascar and maybe GNR as the artist. Not Absurd. Because if you search "what we got here is failure to communicate", it shows Civil War immediately.

Yeah, because it has a function that matches lyrics, so the song that contains this lyrics comes up.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, because it has a function that matches lyrics, so the song that contains this lyrics comes up.

I think the important thing here is that it shows Absurd specifically. Reminds me of when people searched for Hard Skool it showed Shadow of Your Love as a result sometimes, GNR's second oldest "single" at the time. I have the same theory that if State of Grace was really connected to GNR having SCOM in the movie, that it would prompt SCOM and not GNR as an artist. Plus these are both old ass movies. If the algorithm theory is plausible then its possible we bullied it into making the connection somehow but I kind of doubt it, especially since a bunch of other potential CDII song titles are coming up.

• Like 1

It seems probable at this point that GNR added an album's worth of songs to Spotify. 

It would also explain why they didn't release "1 or 2 songs" as Slash mentioned a while back, if plans changed to release a new album instead. Which, as we know, is a thing that bands do when they finish a bunch of new songs.   

Except for this one of course, so we're back to square one. 

Edited by axlsalinger
  • Like 1