The Spotify X-Files thread

6 minutes ago, avahland said:

Rov.jpg

Oh my ......

I was thinking about a joke....but it got on my Spotify also.
(Artist Rovv has a song called "Seven"....but Rovv is gone....and GNR gets higher in that ranking)

Oh, I see... I get GN'R, too, but last in the list and the Rovv artist comes up first (VPN UK, browser, not logged in)

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

VPN UK

spotif36.jpg

roving? cant think of anything else it could be.

I give up on this but hope to be wrong

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

I stick by my algorithm theory...

So why don't we just test that, let's see, why don't we create a fictional GNR song title, try searching it on Spotify for two weeks and see what happens?

We are just walking in circles here.

slutstar - guns n roses

2 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

roving? cant think of anything else it could be.

I give up on this but hope to be wrong

I didn't get it either, but @avahlandjust explained it above. There's a (popular, I suppose) artist called Rovv who has a (popular) song called Seven. I guess what is implied here is that it brings up GN'R because they also have a song called Seven in the system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I stick by my algorithm theory...

So why don't we just test that, let's see, why don't we create a fictional GNR song title, try searching it on Spotify for two weeks and see what happens?

We are just walking in circles here.

If what you said in the other thread is true (that people have tried to upload the leaks on Spotify via their accounts as musicians and they got blocked), then it's not the algorithm, but that Spotify has gotten the metadata for these tracks from the band/label (otherwise it wouldn't have blocked them immediately).

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't get it either, but @avahlandjust explained it above. There's a (popular, I suppose) artist called Rovv who has a (popular) song called Seven. I guess what is implied here is that it brings up GN'R because they also have a song called Seven in the system.

...and maybe artists like GNR can upload metadata/song to Spotify....without publishing ofcourse...
And then hide the title of the song in the search engine...but Spotify might decide to "If you like Rovv-Seven you also might like GNR (but keep GNR's Seven hidden"

Lot's of "maybe"and "if" and "might".

Without insiders or leaks we will keep guessing :-)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If what you said in the other thread is true (that people have tried to upload the leaks on Spotify via their accounts as musicians and they got blocked), then it's not the algorithm, but that Spotify has gotten the metadata for these tracks from the band/label (otherwise it wouldn't have blocked them immediately).

I'm confused! I don't know what to believe in anymore hahahaha I need help! LOL

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, avahland said:

Rov.jpg

Oh my ......

I was thinking about a joke....but it got on my Spotify also.
(Artist Rovv has a song called "Seven"....but Rovv is gone....and GNR gets higher in that ranking)

Why does it also bring up AC/DC for you, though?

Really? Rovv is just 4 generic letters that the computer is probably considering for "Roses" because of the "ro". I doubt it disproves or means anything. 

Search "ro" and GNR comes up down the artist list. When you add letters that the system doesn't know what to do with it likely is just trying to find any match they can.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Really? Rovv is just 4 generic letters that the computer is probably considering for "Roses" because of the "ro". I doubt it disproves or means anything. 

Maybe. It doesn't seem to work with other letters after "ro" though, like "roff",  "rojj"etc. (except for "s", of course