The Spotify X-Files thread

We have no clue what has and hasn’t been worked on since 1999 to be fair. None of us even knew Perhaps and State of Grace were basically in completed forms until 2019. Who knows, maybe it’s something they kept developing all these years. We don’t know everything.

30 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

To me it would only all mean nothing if they uploaded ALL the leaks as a preventive measure against uploads by third parties and not to release an album. So to confirm that, we should be able to find ALL the leaks on Spotify and not just some.

If it’s only some, why would they only care about specific ones? They’d only care for ones they will want to release? Which again more points towards an album being made

I forgot to add: Se7en is not a leak. So why would it be in the system for any reason except to release it? Can anyone explain that? -> again points against the “only uploaded against unauthorized upload by others” theory 

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I forgot to add: Se7en is NOT a leak. So why would it be in the system for any reason except to release it? Can anyone explain that? -> again points against the “only uploaded against unauthorized upload by others” theory 

Cuban Skies hasn't leaked either, and Soul Monster is not a title of leaked track. It could be that they have also provided song data even for other unreleased tracks in case these songs leaked, too.

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Cuban Skies hasn't leaked either, and Soul Monster is not a title of leaked track. It could be that they have also provided song data even for other unreleased tracks in case these songs leaked, too.

I don’t know if I buy that. The chances of those leaking aren’t very high are they, I’d think they only include the ones they know leaked. And we cannot even find all the ones that leaked on Spotify even, so why would they ignore stuff that leaked but then add stuff that hasn’t even leaked? (If preventing uploads was the purpose and not an album)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don’t know if I buy that. The chances of those leaking aren’t very high are they, I’d think they only include the ones they know leaked. And we cannot even find all the ones that leaked on Spotify even, so why would they ignore stuff that leaked but then add stuff that hasn’t even leaked?

Really, the only way to test this would be if there were any brave people willing to try to upload the leaks on Spotify (let's say one song that shows up and another that doesn't, or someone from a country that has tracks showing up and someone from a country where nothing shows up).

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Really, the only way to test this would be if there were any brave people willing to try to upload the leaks on Spotify (let's say one song that shows up and another that doesn't, or someone from a country that has tracks showing up and someone from a country where nothing shows up).

Can’t you try it with your VPN? Those VPN providers always say how safe they are and how no one can track you:lol:

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If anyone wants to try that, the last segment of Oklahoma being flagged specifically could be a “smoking gun” so to speak.

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Can’t you try it with your VPN? Those VPN providers always say how safe they are and how no one can track you:lol:

I think for someone to do that they need to have an account as a musician or upload through a third party (a distributor). It's not as simple as using Spotify to listen to playlists stored locally (these playlists are not uploaded on the system).

On 10/1/2022 at 6:50 PM, SoulMonster said:

Talking to a Spotify guy who is coincidentally a big GN'R fan... More info to follow. 

On 9/30/2022 at 10:20 PM, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I posted this in the other thread and @Blackstarasked if I’d post it here as well. 

Hello all. 

So I wanted to provided some sort of update/information to this whole Spotify situation. I reached out to a contact of mine who is a higher up at Spotify (mods you can check with me via PM to confirm. I don’t want to post personal info of someone else for everyone to see). I was told that Spotify receives song(s) information directly from labels before releases are announced. The reason being if someone tries to leak a song or an album the computer system will recognize the songs and block them from being uploaded by third parties. This kinda gives weight to all of these song titles showing up in searches being done by forum members. I also found out that yes, they know what albums/songs are going to be released and when way ahead of time. I’m working on trying to get more specific information relating to Guns but we will see if that materializes. 

In a nutshell, this info somehow does point to something possibly happening regarding either a new album or new songs being released, at least that’s the consensus I received after getting this information. 

Anything come of this gents?

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Nothing more from my side. It is unlikely Spotify Customer Support can give us definitive answers. Would be great to talk to one of the engineers who could provide info on the search algorithm, but I don't have that connection. I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens. Personally, I was never convinced about the Spotify thing and find the fact the band has rehearsed what seems like at least one new song, much more indicative that we are getting closer to a new single release. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Nothing more from my side. It is unlikely Spotify Customer Support can give us definitive answers. Would be great to talk to one of the engineers who could provide info on the search algorithm, but I don't have that connection. I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens. Personally, I was never convinced about the Spotify thing and find the fact the band has rehearsed what seems like at least one new song, much more indicative that we are getting closer to a new single release. 

Yeah fuck all this and let's just keep doing what we've been doing for the last 14 years lol.

To me the fact that unreleased unleaked stuff like Se7en is in GNRs database speaks volumes. All things considered there is no real reason for it to be there other than for a release at some point. Anything else, like the preventive measure against uploads, makes no sense when you realize not even all leaks can be found on Spotify, only some.

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I actually really like real doll.com

I think they’re just about crazy enough to release a song with that title too

I wouldn't be surprised if they worked on it, it has kind of a Slash groove to it anyways so I can see Slash liking that one, and Duff also would get to shine on some parts. The question is if it has vocals (I know going into Pele territory here) it's been so long since this instrumental was recorded that Axl could have recorded all kinds of things we wouldn't ever know about.

13 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

On one hand, Se7en seems to confirm the songs are really in the system. But then Reald....I mean that can't be a coincidence, that has to be realdoll.com, which would mean this could all mean nothing. Fuck.

I wonder if all titles are going to be spelled stupid like both singles were. Probably just like the mixing and mastering too. But Slash and Duff are on them! Such a shit show. 

The 2010 CD2 is rolling over in it's grave, right on top of the pre-Bumblefoot CD2, which is the holiest of holy grails for many.

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I forgot to add: Se7en is not a leak. So why would it be in the system for any reason except to release it? Can anyone explain that? -> again points against the “only uploaded against unauthorized upload by others” theory 

I suppose it depends on what they define as "leaked" There are several songs that have "leaked" out and are hoarded, but haven't leaked to the point where we all have access to them. If an album is really on the verge of coming out, there would be a number of advanced copies and proofs out there, or whatever for executives, engineers, etc. and those can be leak sources. So in other words, they are being proactive.

34 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I suppose it depends on what they define as "leaked" There are several songs that have "leaked" out and are hoarded, but haven't leaked to the point where we all have access to them. If an album is really on the verge of coming out, there would be a number of advanced copies and proofs out there, or whatever for executives, engineers, etc. and those can be leak sources. So in other words, they are being proactive.

Just seems far fetched to me. How common is it that people upload copyrighted material to Spotify anyway, I've never even heard of that, it usually gets uploaded somewhere else where it won't get noticed, not even to mention you have to have a musician account to be able to even upload. All those things add up that the theory doesn't hold a lot of weight for me, and that the data was simply submitted for songs they are planning to release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

Maybe is about an inflatable Doll...

:lol:

Have a look at the website. Stephanie is smokin 🤣

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Still crickets. 

Maybe they’re reluctant to give the game away? (Clutching straws 😂)

• Haha 2