The Spotify X-Files thread

Just now, Blackstar said:

I remember some people said that the UYI box set didn't exist a couple of days and even a few moments before YCBM live dropped. So maybe we need more of this kind of posts ("it doesn't exist", "it isn't real") :lol:

shh don't say it out loud

15 minutes ago, timoteo said:

"it's done, axl said so"

the most reliable guy ever

He had an album ready to mix and release almost a decade before CD came out, the remix album and CD2 had been done 'for a while' several years ago, had 2 albums 'nearly done' when he was on Eddie Trunk's show in 2006... I don't think we'll hear a new album any time soon but it seems like they have enough unreleased songs.

They even have unreleased UYI stuff that they didn't include in the box sets, for whatever reason, but obviously it exits. :shrugs:

• Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

He had an album ready to mix and release almost a decade before CD came out, the remix album and CD2 had been done 'for a while' several years ago, had 2 albums 'nearly done' when he was on Eddie Trunk's show in 2006... I don't think we'll hear a new album any time soon but it seems like they have enough unreleased songs.

They even have unreleased UYI stuff that they didn't include in the box sets, for whatever reason, but obviously it exits. :shrugs:

There's zero evidence a finished album is ready to go and I am not going to use an unreliable narrator such as Axl Rose as an empirical source.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I remember some people said that the UYI box set didn't exist a couple of days and even a few moments before YCBM live dropped. So maybe we need more of this kind of posts ("it doesn't exist", "it isn't real") :lol:

It doesn’t exist and the band will not play Oklahoma tonight. Never ever in a million years. 

• Like 4

Here is what I get for Sweden (VPN):

State of Grace (also brings up GN'R as an artist):

spotif25.jpg

Atlas Shrugged (also brings up GN'R as an artist):

spotif26.jpg

The General (also brings up GN'R as an artist):

spotif27.jpg

Soul Monster (also brings up GN'R as an artist):

spotif28.jpg

Perhaps (Hard Skool lower in the song results, also brings up GN'R as an artist):

spotif29.jpg

Thyme (doesn't bring up GN'R as an artist):

spotif30.jpg

Zodiac (doesn't bring up GN'R as an artist):

spotif31.jpg

spotif32.jpg

Oklahoma (it's back again for me as  "oklaho", Hard Skool low in the list, doesn't bring up GN'R as an artist):

spotif33.jpg

Se7en (doesn't bring up GN'R as an artist):

spotif34.jpg

And "reald" :lol:

spotif35.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, metalavenger99 said:

Hmmm... what do you think reald means? Because that sure sounds like another "Three Dollar Pyramid" type of working name. 

Riad? This song has a new name but they uploaded real doll.com metadata? Shit, this one its kinda fishy.

It goes back to: they either provided (working) titles of unreleased tracks to prevent them from being uploaded by third parties OR they have submitted metadata of tracks due to be released and the metadata include earlier and working titles (again, to prevent leaks). OR a combination of both: they provided data for all the unreleased tracks, and now some of them are going to be released.

• GNFNR 1

> Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles.  Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

> Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

> A: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged,  Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles. (Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)

interesting that these are all the titles coming up.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

> Q: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles.  Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?

> Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06)

> A: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged,  Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles. (Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)

interesting that these are all the titles coming up.

Well, not all, only about half (without counting Oh My God and Silkworms). Ides of March, Down by the Ocean, Leave Me Alone and Quick Song haven't come up.

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I mean could “reald” be ambiguous enough where it could be triggering GNR songs for some other reason? 

I thought about Spotify interpreting it as a typo for Riad but doesn't make sense since only HS comes up.

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

OR a combination of both: they provided data for all the unreleased tracks, and now some of them are going to be released.

Yeah that's possible! But then I'd bet that if anything happens (album), Zodiac wouldn't be released. :nervous: (it's my favorite lol)

Edited by metalavenger99

It makes a lot of sense to me that they may have provided titles and metadata for ALL leaked tracks (and even for other unreleased tracks that haven't leaked) as a preventive measure - otherwise, anyone could upload the leaks on Spotify.

3 minutes ago, mystery said:

Wasn't it named that because Brain was eating General Tso's chicken at the time?

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It makes a lot of sense to me that they may have provided titles and metadata for ALL leaked tracks (and even for other unreleased tracks that haven't leaked) as a preventive measure - otherwise, anyone could upload the leaks on Spotify.

Yes.

I'm wondering if they somehow worked the title into the lyrics. I actually think it's a cool title for what was described as an epic song.

"reald" is strange, because I see that on the Village discs the title is "Real doll.com" (with a space), but "real d" returns nothing. Maybe it's something else? (although I can't imagine what else it could be).

Edited by Blackstar

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

"reald" is strange, because I see that on the Village discs the title is "Real doll.com" (with a space), but "real d" returns nothing. Maybe it's something else?

RealD Tune? Lol

I mean the probability that we are discovering a complete new song starting with the letters "reald" that is unrelated to the locker leak named real doll is really, really low. Or maybe it's just called realdoll.com now, since Axl has realized that there are no spaces in between web links :lol: 

At this point, shit like "realdoll.com" fits more with "Hard Skool" or  "ABSUЯD" than epic names like Soul Monster or The General.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

"reald" is strange, because I see that on the Village discs the title is "Real doll.com" (with a space), but "real d" returns nothing. Maybe it's something else?

It could be that the way the songtitle is written has simply changed to „realdolldotcom“ or „realdoll.com“

I mean Hard School spelling changed too so it’s not unrealistic 

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Yeah, I can't imagine what else it could be...

Meanwhile, while trying to look into it, I came across a song called "Realdoll" by a Norwegian country band called "The Gunslingers" (they sing in Norwegian) :lol:

Also I typed "failure to communicate" because it was discussed earlier, and it didn't bring up Civil War by GN'R, but an awful metal band called Civil War that also has a song titled Civil War :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

On one hand, Se7en seems to confirm the songs are really in the system. But then Reald....I mean that can't be a coincidence, that has to be realdoll.com, which would mean this could all mean nothing. Fuck.

To me it would only all mean nothing if they uploaded ALL the leaks as a preventive measure against uploads by third parties and not to release an album. So to confirm that, we should be able to find ALL the leaks on Spotify and not just some.

If it’s only some, why would they only care about specific ones? They’d only care for ones they will want to release? Which again more points towards an album being made

Edited by StrangerInThisTown