The Spotify X-Files thread

1 minute ago, metalavenger99 said:

Lets fuckin go! now that's a positive development!

Best discussion/thread ever. I'll wait patiently tho.:headbang:

Yeah, no need for people to be impatient now and then disappointed when nothing happens tonight. Things look good, let's just be mildly optimistic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah we're definitely not gonna see anything tonight. As I've said 100 times the alt list will be the key and all we can really hope for surfacing at some point soon.

Even it's on the alt set list it may take a month till it makes it to the regular set list.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Even it's on the alt set list it may take a month till it makes it to the regular set list.

Yep. Even Hard Skool took 2 years, it was first checked in 2019. It's going to be a ways out. What I'm saying though is if it is on the alt list we have things to be positive/excited about at the least, and also know the spotify theory is very, very plausible. 

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yep. Even Hard Skool took 2 years, it was first checked in 2019. It's going to be a ways out. What I'm saying though is if it is on the alt list we have things to be positive/excited about at the least, and also know the spotify theory is very, very plausible. 

Yes. But, to be fair, Hard Skool probably would have been played/released earlier if the 2020 tour had happened.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Very bad comparision! Covid happened

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Was Absurd first played the same night it was released? Can’t remember.

No, it was released after it was played for the second time (it should have been the third time, but it wasn't played at the first show of the tour in Hershey because of technical issues).

• Thanks 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

No, it was released after it was played for the second time (it should have been the third time, but it wasn't played at the first show of the tour in Hershey because of technical issues).

Thanks! Bodes well for a release soonish.

58 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If what's being played in rehearsals rn is Oklahoma the spotify theory has a lot more weight to it in my opinion.

If they play it and it's called Oklahoma, that would give more weight to the Spotify theory. But of course if they play it and it's called Berlin or something else, that would be another nail in the coffin for that theory.

• Like 1

This is clearly amazing news. Big thanks to @HollyWoodRose84 Obviously we’re no where near a dead cert confirmation that new music is definitely coming, but this info will go a long way to quelling our impatience and curiosity.

Lets hope HollywoodRose’s contact might be able to fill us in on a few other details 🤞

13 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

But covid happened after the soundcheck in Mexico and then there weren't many shows until things opened back up again and they released it and Absurd

My point is, I don't think it'll be 2 years again

• Like 1

20 minuti fa, metalavenger99 ha detto:

Sarà solo una coincidenza perché è successo con i prossimi album di altri artisti

The End So Far di Slipknot è trapelato tre settimane fa (forse è per questo che ieri non importava a nessuno :alza le spalle:) e la cosa di ricerca di Spotify ha funzionato per Slipknot. Quell'esempio corrisponde alle informazioni recenti.

Anche con i Måneskin funziona, almeno in Italia

Edited by klakly
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

It will just be a coincidence because this has happened with upcoming albums from other artists

The End So Far by Slipknot leaked like three weeks ago (maybe that's why nobody cared about it yesterday:shrugs:), and the Spotify search thing worked for Slipknot. That example matches with the recent info.

Number one thing I've found between the two (before Slipknots album came out) is that both would only trigger slipknot if it was lowercase. Might not be too much a coincidence. It's possible that lowercase only triggers these hidden songs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Number one thing I've found between the two (before Slipknots album came out) is that both would only trigger slipknot if it was lowercase. Might not be too much a coincidence. It's possible that lowercase only triggers these hidden songs.

I'm starting to think that its not a coincidence

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If it's not a coincidence it could be, like you said in another post, that the data submitted by the label and preloaded on Spotify include earlier titles of the tracks as a way of preventing potential uploads of leaks by third parties (Spotify does that, according to the information provided by @HollyWoodRose84) and that would explain why these working titles show up. So, if that's the case, even if "berlin" shows up in addition to "oklahoma" it doesn't mean that it's the algorithm.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If it's not a coincidence it could be, like you said in another post, that the data submitted by the label and preloaded on Spotify include earlier titles of the tracks as a way of preventing potential uploads of leaks by third parties (Spotify does that, according to the information provided by @HollyWoodRose84) and that would explain why these working titles show up. So, if that's the case, even if "berlin" shows up in addition to "oklahoma" it doesn't mean that it's the algorithm.

That would make sense yeah, good theory. Maybe they even have preventive measures like "oklaho" and "soul mon" triggering it just because they know people get around the system that way too.

• Like 1