The Spotify X-Files thread

54 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It'd wild to think that the vocals on a new Guns album in the 2020s would have been recorded in the same decade as UYI.

I don’t think all the vocals were recorded in 1999. A lot of this stuff was worked on well after that. But I would imagine no vocals have been recorded since the final Chinese sessions in late 2007/early 2008. 

And yes it’s bonkers to think a lot of it was recorded in the 90s. 

Edited by Arnuld

The question for me is…have actual songs been submitted to Spotify (or any associated distribution platforms), or is it just the metadata/song information that’s been handed over?

If actual songs have been submitted, I really can’t see us having to wait for next year for the tracks to be officially released. And, even if it’s just metadata that’s been handed over, why so far in advance if the plan is to release them next year.

I still think we’re looking at new songs (dare I say an album?) before the end of 2022.

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

The question for me is…have actual songs been submitted to Spotify (or any associated distribution platforms), or is it just the metadata/song information that’s been handed over?

If actual songs have been submitted, I really can’t see us having to wait for next year for the tracks to be officially released. And, even if it’s just metadata that’s been handed over, why so far in advance if the plan is to release them next year.

I still think we’re looking at new songs (dare I say an album?) before the end of 2022.

If the songs have been submitted I think that means the plan is OR WAS to have something out before the end of 2022. It's GN'R though... "plans change"... keep hope low and just be pleasantly surprised if something does happen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I hate that I saw a suggestion of UYI 3. I'm forbidding myself from thinking of how cool that would be.

Just for laughs I’ll also throw it out there that this would also explain the delay in the UYI box sets until they could get the whole shabang under the new “GN’R Records” deal.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Just for laughs I’ll also throw it out there that this would also explain the delay in the UYI box sets until they could get the whole shabang under the new “GN’R Records” deal.

Please let it happen, please let it be true, dear whoeverrunsthisfloatingrockinspace, please make it come true.

• Like 1

These type of marketing strategies work very well for bands who actually care about their fanbases and want to build hype around their brand. GNR does not really care about doing that since they can tour South America the rest of their lives and never have to rehearse a note of new music. Anything new we get will come out of “eh we feel like it”. A dangerous, but not 100% impossible, deal with Axl at the helm.

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

13 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

These type of marketing strategies work very well for bands who actually care about their fanbases and want to build hype around their brand. GNR does not really care about doing that since they can tour South America the rest of their lives and never have to rehearse a note of new music. Anything new we get will come out of “eh we feel like it”. A dangerous, but not 100% impossible, deal with Axl at the helm.

It really is sad that something like this, kind of a lightening in a bottle great idea that benefits both releases, is something that we can immediately point to and all agree “Well of course they’d never do that…” again, simply on the precedent that it’s a great idea. 😆

Edited by sofine11
  • Sad 1

For the folks who think it’d be crazy to call CD2 “UYI III”…Folks, I’m sorry, but no one cares. It might be a footnote in a handful of reviews where these songs began, but again, no one will care, least of all Slash & Duff who would stand to make a lot of money from the sheer brand recognition sales. It’d be explosive. 

8 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It really is sad that something like this, kind of a lightening in a bottle great idea that benefits both releases, is something that we can immediately point to and all agree “Well of course they’d never do that…” again, simply on the precedent that it’s a great idea. 😆

Yup - like when they played The Apollo the day before the 30th anniversary of Appetite, plastered posters of the cover all over NY, and then didn't even mention it during the show.

• GNFNR 1

12 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I don’t think all the vocals were recorded in 1999. A lot of this stuff was worked on well after that. But I would imagine no vocals have been recorded since the final Chinese sessions in late 2007/early 2008. 

And yes it’s bonkers to think a lot of it was recorded in the 90s. 

Tommy Stinson said Axl recorded vocals every year he was in the band. So that was until 2015 or so.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1