The Spotify X-Files thread

25 minutes ago, Legendador said:

You know what, people on this forum need a reallity check, this means nothing!

The songs can be buried with the record company and Ax & Co for decades if they choose to.

Just because they show on a search doesn't mean they are for iminent release, these is just a known and tired probability among to many.

It just shows that Axl and the record company are at a never ending tug of war. As always.

People in this forum keep on creating expectation over nothing and year after year, at least since 2014 is the same talk: they are abou to release the new record! NOW THIS IS IT! How many tuesdays do we get?

WAKE UP, PEOPLE! THERE'S NO NEW RECORD, JUST A COUPLE SONGS RERECORDED THAT JUST GOT PUSHED AWAY EVEN FURTHER BY THE BAD RECEPTION HARSKOOL AND ABSURD GOT.

We, in this forum, act as people stuck on an old love waiting them to come back, guess what, they are already married and with a bunch of kids, they may stop to say hi somethings, they may even give you a birthday present out of respect, but that's it! THEY. WILL. NOT. COME. BACK!

GN'R have their own record label now (although they apparently still work with UMG for release and distribution).

Can you share any more details about the story of people trying to upload the leaks to Spotify via its platform for artists? Like, did they try to upload them with the same titles/tags/metadata or had they renamed them? Were the tracks blocked instantly by Spotify? Etc.

I’m not sure why it’s so hard for a lot of people to accept that these songs or their titles simply have been submitted as metadata. No one is claiming it means a new album will come out. They could simply just be in there to check for leaks or they are songs they want to release at some point (which may never happen with GNR) and they want to have the songs submitted just to be safe.

GNR is in a unique position where we know most of the unreleased song titles already. Very few other bands or artists have people searching for song titles leaked 20 years ago, so it appears unprecedented when in reality every artist probably does this. The algorithm theory has too many holes in it and so does the “uploaded demos” theory, for reasons @Blackstardetailed in the recent pages of this thread.

GNR submitting metadata for songs does not mean anyone is saying we’ll all be listening to a new album this Friday. It simply means the band cares enough about these songs for one reason or another to want to protect them. It can mean there’s something on the way, sure, and that’s why people including me are excited, but that’s not what anyone is speaking as a fact. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not sure why it’s so hard for a lot of people to accept that these songs or their titles simply have been submitted as metadata. No one is claiming it means a new album will come out. They could simply just be in there to check for leaks or they are songs they want to release at some point (which may never happen with GNR) and they want to have the songs submitted just to be safe.

GNR is in a unique position where we know most of the unreleased song titles already. Very few other bands or artists have people searching for song titles leaked 20 years ago, so it appears unprecedented when in reality every artist probably does this. The algorithm theory has too many holes in it and so does the “uploaded demos” theory, for reasons @Blackstardetailed in the recent pages of this thread.

GNR submitting metadata for songs does not mean anyone is saying we’ll all be listening to a new album this Friday. It simply means the band cares enough about these songs for one reason or another to want to protect them. It can mean there’s something on the way, sure, and that’s why people including me are excited, but that’s not what anyone is speaking as a fact. 

Because the way songs pop up and disappear again erratically does not align with it. Not saying the algorithm theory or a mixture is much more plausible, they all have big holes in them suggesting there is more at play here which we don't get. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Because the way songs pop up and disappear again erratically does not align with it. Not saying the algorithm theory or a mixture is much more plausible, they all have big holes in them suggesting there is more at play here which we don't get. 

I’m not saying if people believe the algorithm theory that their opinion is invalid by the way. This whole thing is bizarre and we’re all speculating. Moreso just surprised how some people are against the idea of it being metadata period. 

To me though the “submitted for leaks” and metadata theories have the least amount of holes. They all still have holes though, absolutely. 

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

I understand the scepticism, but how can you assert that there’s no new record like this when multiple indicators strongly suggest otherwise? One of them being the actual factual musicians from the band themselves – and I mean the three main guys, not Richard "hopefully we’ll see it soon" Fortus or anything like that – saying there’s material being worked on. Plus Slash’s words about the box set turning out to be true. Plus the logical fact that Axl has material from the past and even if he’s lazy enough to just do with it what he did with HS and Silkworms, i.e. not set his foot in the studio, he'll still have a result produced nonetheless. 
Yeah, we could end up with some inconsistent patchwork, but there’s definitely enough material for at least one record, whether this Spotify stuff means something or not. Let’s be real. Yeah, I know, this is GN’R, but still, let’s be real. 

I can assert by 8 years waiting for Chinese Democracy, a remix album that never materialized, now more 14 years waiting for a new record and the only thing materialized were 5 "finished songs" and two re-recordings that were subpar to the demos, also a lot of empty promisses.

Are you as happy with th UYI boxset compared to the AFD one? No rarities? A video that was supposed to be live and is just a mix of "cool" images that we already saw at the terminator video?

Where is the material for another record? IF, and I say IF they release Atlas or Pehaps, people will criticize the same way they did with ABSURD and HS, because it is already old.

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I suggest you reread my post. Nowhere did I say that’s indicative that a new album is imminent or anything. All I said is I verified @HollyWoodRose84’s post about a contact at Spotify and that they’re somebody in a position to know what they’re talking about and they’re not going to just spout BS. HR84 also didn’t say it means a new album is imminent, as there’s a number of reasons those results could be coming up. But it does mean it’s not just a bunch of algorithm nonsense. 

I'm not talking about you specifically, but about a behaviour on this forum where we live on a fantasy that will never be fullfullied.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

GN'R have their own record label now (although they apparently still work with UMG for release and distribution).

Can you share any more details about the story of people trying to upload the leaks to Spotify via its platform for artists? Like, did they try to upload them with the same titles/tags/metadata or had they renamed them? Were the tracks blocked instantly by Spotify? Etc.

If they have their own label now that's even worse! What's blocking them to release something?

Look the body of work Metallica, Ozzy, Aerosmith, even Iron Maiden (which I think suck) created while GNR made none!

Are they all great? No, but this is for the fans.

-----------------

About the Spotify, it's like they did back in the day through limewire, theu change the metadata, they upload with the titles, tags and metadata and there are two options, Spotify already has the record label / ASCAP database, which says it's unauthorized, is is blocked within minutes. Another thing is they have the technology to "read" sound waves and the music contained within so I can upload a GNR song (released or not - because there's a database for it por rights and so on) name the band "Gremlins" and the song "Gizzmo's Fantasy" and Spotify will still know the song is a GNR song and take it down.

The third option is monitoring, by human work + algorythm, listening everything is uploaded, prior to it and blocking or not within the platform, so if there's an antisemitic, or something illegal it is taken down right away, I worked for TikTok's, Resso tool in Brazil and its almost like that.

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I suggest you reread my post. Nowhere did I say that’s indicative that a new album is imminent or anything. All I said is I verified @HollyWoodRose84’s post about a contact at Spotify and that they’re somebody in a position to know what they’re talking about and they’re not going to just spout BS. HR84 also didn’t say it means a new album is imminent, as there’s a number of reasons those results could be coming up. But it does mean it’s not just a bunch of algorithm nonsense. 

Never forget, Fernando, Fortus, Slash and even Axl said innumerous time an album was imminent, and it never materialized, so yes, the CEO of Spotify saying that means bollocks to me.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Sweersa said:

I'm in the US. The General no longer brings up GN'R.

Atlas Shrugged, Soul Monster, "Cuban Sk", and State Of Grace pull up GN'R.

Nothing else brings anything up. This seems to fluxgate. 

Nothing was showing up in Brazil.

Now Atlas shows both GNR and the Greatest Hits album.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I can assert by 8 years waiting for Chinese Democracy, a remix album that never materialized, now more 14 years waiting for a new record and the only thing materialized were 5 "finished songs" and two re-recordings that were subpar to the demos, also a lot of empty promisses.

Are you as happy with th UYI boxset compared to the AFD one? No rarities? A video that was supposed to be live and is just a mix of "cool" images that we already saw at the terminator video?

Where is the material for another record? IF, and I say IF they release Atlas or Pehaps, people will criticize the same way they did with ABSURD and HS, because it is already old.

I'm not talking about you specifically, but about a behaviour on this forum where we live on a fantasy that will never be fullfullied.

I count the waiting since 2016, makes more sense.

Yeah, the release frequency sucks hard, but that doesn't mean we know for sure there's nothing coming. Just because we haven't seen it yet. Same sentences might have been said around 2003 etc.

As for the box set, the missing demos sucks too, but the video will be great. I'd say this was basically just an ad and the concert will be normal footage. I don't suppose they'll do the whole show like this, that would be super lame. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I count the waiting since 2016, makes more sense.

Yeah, the release frequency sucks hard, but that doesn't mean we know for sure there's nothing coming. Just because we haven't seen it yet. Same sentences might have been said around 2003 etc.

As for the box set, the missing demos sucks too, but the video will be great. I'd say this was basically just an ad and the concert will be normal footage. I don't suppose they'll do the whole show like this, that would be super lame. 

We still don't know if the videos for the boxset will be collages or "full live performances".

My complaint is that there were countless times Fernando, Tommy, Bumble, Fortus, Ferrer, Dizzy, Slash, Duff, Beta and even Axl have said, since 2002 that there was an iminent release for something that never materialized.

Since the 2001 inception of the band and since 1999 when the "Chinese Democracy" concept as put out, old-school fans are in this game of NOW IT'S GONNA HAPPEN! 20 years after and the joke became old, since even hardcore fans are not taking the band serious anymore.

They are not obligated to release nothing, Axl doesn't need to release another album, but it became a sordid game for the GNR camp to keep us interested in bread crumbles.

After what I saw in São Paulo, last month, my interest for the band kind of faded, I got tired, they seemed lazy, uniterested, they are having much more fun in Argentina, Bogotá and the rest of the dates.

After 20 years of the "biting the fans so the name doesn't go to oblivion", I grew kind of skeptical.

35 minutes ago, Legendador said:

If they have their own label now that's even worse! What's blocking them to release something?

Look the body of work Metallica, Ozzy, Aerosmith, even Iron Maiden (which I think suck) created while GNR made none!

Are they all great? No, but this is for the fans.

-----------------

About the Spotify, it's like they did back in the day through limewire, theu change the metadata, they upload with the titles, tags and metadata and there are two options, Spotify already has the record label / ASCAP database, which says it's unauthorized, is is blocked within minutes. Another thing is they have the technology to "read" sound waves and the music contained within so I can upload a GNR song (released or not - because there's a database for it por rights and so on) name the band "Gremlins" and the song "Gizzmo's Fantasy" and Spotify will still know the song is a GNR song and take it down.

The third option is monitoring, by human work + algorythm, listening everything is uploaded, prior to it and blocking or not within the platform, so if there's an antisemitic, or something illegal it is taken down right away, I worked for TikTok's, Resso tool in Brazil and its almost like that.

Never forget, Fernando, Fortus, Slash and even Axl said innumerous time an album was imminent, and it never materialized, so yes, the CEO of Spotify saying that means bollocks to me.

You’re again misrepresenting what I said. I never said HR84’s contact at Spotify (Who isn’t the CEO of the company by the way) said it means an album is coming, they didn’t. But what they can tell you is how their own data system works and does not work. That’s all HR84’s post, and by extension my own, was about. It seems from that explanation that this is not a user search-driven algorithm. That’s what the post was about - not proving that new material is coming, but rather disproving that we are influencing the results we see. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

We still don't know if the videos for the boxset will be collages or "full live performances".

My complaint is that there were countless times Fernando, Tommy, Bumble, Fortus, Ferrer, Dizzy, Slash, Duff, Beta and even Axl have said, since 2002 that there was an iminent release for something that never materialized.

Since the 2001 inception of the band and since 1999 when the "Chinese Democracy" concept as put out, old-school fans are in this game of NOW IT'S GONNA HAPPEN! 20 years after and the joke became old, since even hardcore fans are not taking the band serious anymore.

They are not obligated to release nothing, Axl doesn't need to release another album, but it became a sordid game for the GNR camp to keep us interested in bread crumbles.

After what I saw in São Paulo, last month, my interest for the band kind of faded, I got tired, they seemed lazy, uniterested, they are having much more fun in Argentina, Bogotá and the rest of the dates.

After 20 years of the "biting the fans so the name doesn't go to oblivion", I grew kind of skeptical.

Again, I get the scepticism, people get jaded. But to be fair, there were no promises of imminent release prior to cd, it was more like "hopefully soon" from people like 4tus etc. The only broken promise was that Axl's December 06 tentative date for March 07. Anyway, Slash only promised a single (where is it??) and the box set. Yep, they're taking their time, and it's tiring. Worse thing is Axl's going downhill vocally and the tours are still the same, it's basically just variations of NITL. They do act as if they're 30 and the world is holding breath...

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

You’re again misrepresenting what I said. I never said HR84’s contact at Spotify (Who isn’t the CEO of the company by the way) said it means an album is coming, they didn’t. But what they can tell you is how their own data system works and does not work. That’s all HR84’s post, and by extension my own, was about. It seems from that explanation that this is not a user search-driven algorithm. That’s what the post was about - not proving that new material is coming, but rather disproving that we are influencing the results we see. 

I'm not judging what you said, I'm talking in general.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Again, I get the scepticism, people get jaded. But to be fair, there were no promises of imminent release prior to cd, it was more like "hopefully soon" from people like 4tus etc. The only broken promise was that Axl's December 06 tentative date for March 07. Anyway, Slash only promised a single (where is it??) and the box set. Yep, they're taking their time, and it's tiring. Worse thing is Axl's going downhill vocally and the tours are still the same, it's basically just variations of NITL. They do act as if they're 30 and the world is holding breath...

What are you talking about. CD's release was promised loads of times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

Thanks. Then, if this is true and people have really tried to upload the leaks like that, at least the first two options (which are the more likely) mean that the metadata are in Spotify's system.

11 minutes ago, Axl S said:

What are you talking about. CD's release was promised loads of times.

But not with a specific date and not by Axl, it was always very vague, plus it wasn't up to the guys anyway. Only in Dec. 06 did we get something concrete for the 1st time. 

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

This is nonsense. There have been very few instances of any band member saying a release is "imminent". There were a few before the release of CD, and guess what, CD was eventually released. As for after the release of CD there has been much less. Axl has said he would like to release more, Slash has said they plan on releasing more singles that might eventually be compiled into an album, and Fernando has suggested we would have had an album by now. But, considering the history here, anyone who believes any such statements is a fool.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

This is nonsense. There have been very few instances of any band member saying a release is "imminent". There were a few before the release of CD, and guess what, CD was eventually released. As for after the release of CD there has been much less. Axl has said he would like to release more, Slash has said they plan on releasing more singles that might eventually be compiled into an album, and Fernando has suggested we would have had an album by now. But, considering the history here, anyone who believes any such statements is a fool.

So you are contradicting yourself, a few, countless, there were too many for a band that didn't release nothing, or close to nothing,

And I'm sorry to break your fantasy man, among Santa Clauss and the Easter Bunny, but to defend this band at this point, what an odd ball.

Be reasonable, we've been played, teased to the point of exhaustion.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

So you are contradicting yourself, a few, countless, there were too many for a band that didn't release nothing, or close to nothing,.

I am not saying there hasn't been any, just that your statement that there has been "countless" is ridiculous :lol: There were many vague hints of an album being in the works, but very few statements regarding an imminent release.

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not saying there hasn't been any, just that your statement that there has been "countless" is ridiculous :lol: There were many vague hints of an album being in the works, but very few statements regarding an imminent release.

Ok so you're being too much attached to the word "statement", but, in my point of view I don't need a release or an official social media from to band to be regarded as a "statement".

And yes, everytime, a band member, manager, family (like Susan) say it, it is a statement. So there you go, I'm stubborn and I'll stick to the word "countless"!

The thing is I've had it with this band at the last São Paulo concert! 

Edited by Legendador