The Spotify X-Files thread

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Are you from another country and currently visiting France, and searching on your Spotify app?

Because if so, you're not seeing what French users see (nothing shows up there, according to my VPN), but what users from your country see.

I’ve been living in France for over 4 months now, but I registered back in Brazil

One thing that’s interesting is that Slash announcing new songs are coming didn’t prompt any more songs coming up in searches, again arguing against the algorithm being at play here.

We also know a new album isn’t imminent, so these were likely added for leak protection and not much else, but i imagine the new songs we get will be from the titles we found.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

UK:

* The General

* Soul Monster 

* Atlas Shrugged

* State of Grace

* Thyme

Interestingly, if you search for the first four then click the ‘albums’ tab, Chinese Democracy is the first album in the list. 

This is a recent change.

Edited by gavgnr

On 11/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, gavgnr said:

UK:

* The General

* Soul Monster 

* Atlas Shrugged

* State of Grace

* Thyme

Interestingly, if you search for the first four then click the ‘albums’ tab, Chinese Democracy is the first album in the list. 

This is a recent change.

That is interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm still getting only Soul Monster and Atlas. (In the US) No CD for the albums tab here.

Maybe the UK will get an extended or additional EP :)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

In case there's anyone still curious about this, I just looked into it again after a month or so (searched on Spotify UK, USA, Canada and Sweden using VPN).

Atlas Shrugged, State of Grace, The General and Soul Monster still bring up GN'R in the UK; Atlas Shrugged and Soul Monster still return GN'R in USA; only Atlas still shows up in the other two countries.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as though I was the guy who originally spotted this, I’ve been keeping an eye on Spotify. For the first time in 2+ months, The General is no longer bringing up GnR here in the UK. I’m still getting Atlas and Soul Monster. Starting to think that, you guessed it, ‘plans changed’ 🤣

19 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

It did seem for a second that something could happen, it wasn't that unfeasible to think of an album dropping with no promotion similar to the singles. But of course this is Guns we're talking about. 

I still believe that some thing has been turned into Spotify, whether that be actual tracks or metadata for the tracks I guess we’ll never know. I also believe that it was possibly the plan to have a single or two out by now, but then plans changed and I guess the focus was on the illusions boxset. Maybe we’ll see something in 2023 when more tour dates are announced? Or maybe I’m just deluded?

Here in the UK, only Soul Monster and Atlas now bring up GnR on Spotify.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

It did seem for a second that something could happen, it wasn't that unfeasible to think of an album dropping with no promotion similar to the singles. But of course this is Guns we're talking about. 

Sometimes, I think that suddenly there will be this huge amount of promo everywhere, as a lead up to a new album. Then I lay off the pipe

• 3 weeks later...