The Spotify X-Files thread

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Look at the first post on the first page of this thread. The titles that only brought up Absurd/Hard Skool are specifically mentioned (and "se7en" was added later). That happened only in Sweden.

So that will leave State of Grace, Atlas, The General, Soul Monster, Perhaps, Thyme, Zodiac, Oklahoma and Seven no?

Well It seems optimistic but Slash said that their idea was to release them one by one and at some point release them as an album.

Interesting that only happened in Sweden, Spotify It's from there If I am not wrong no? I don't think this makes a big difference though

4 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

So that will leave State of Grace, Atlas, The General, Soul Monster, Perhaps, Thyme, Zodiac, Oklahoma and Seven no?

Well It seems optimistic but Slash said that their idea was to release them one by one and at some point release them as an album.

Interesting that only happened in Sweden, Spotify It's from there If I am not wrong no? I don't think this makes a big difference though

All of those songs are not coming. Why are you ignoring what Slash said? He said they're releasing another one or two ... And then after that they'll do another one or two. We're getting 2-4 more songs from ChiDem ... We already know Perhaps and Atlas are among those two. That's leaves maybe two more ... 

• ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

All of those songs are not coming. Why are you ignoring what Slash said? He said they're releasing another one or two ... And then after that they'll do another one or two. We're getting 2-4 more songs from ChiDem ... We already know Perhaps and Atlas are among those two. That's leaves maybe two more ... 

How do we know that atlas is one of those songs?

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

First point this were words from Slash: There’s new Guns N’ Roses material coming out as we speak, and we’ll probably keep putting it out until the entire record’s worth of stuff is done and then put it out solid,” he said. 

Second Point: We know Perhaps is one of this songs but I don't know what is your source for Atlas

Third point: The General was in a setlist that It seems to be legit so maybe you made a mistake and put Atlas instead of The General

Also I know Slash after this quote said something different like they are puttikg pair of songs and seems to be 4-6 songs, so maybe you're right also

8 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I don't know. I stand by what I ended up thinking to be the most likely explanation: that all this is a combination of existing metadata and the way the Spotify algorithm works, and it doesn't mean anything regarding future releases.

• Like 3

Just now, Blackstar said:

I don't know. I stand by what I ended up thinking to be the most likely explanation: that all this is a combination of existing metadata and the way the Spotify algorithm works, and it doesn't mean anything regarding future releases.

I know that there is not a real explanation right now to believe in an algorithm or in something real, probably your thought is the most correct at this time. 

The real explanation as far as I’m concerned, as someone who heavily followed and participated in this, is the following:

These songs are “in the system” so to speak, for leak prevention (this was sourced somewhere). The algorithim theory has way too many holes in it. Lots of us searched “Guns n Roses Red Panda” every day to see if we could skew the algorithim, and it not once brought up the band after weeks. Not to mention at most the amount of people searching for this stuff would be probably a few dozen nerds, with the vast, vast majority of people not knowing stuff as obscure as Cuban Skies and RealDoll.

There were possible holes in the theory though- for instance, DJ Ashba’s “Ballad of Death” would show up- this was explained though via the fact the two parties would’ve had a connection via the A4Democracy DVD. Stuff like “Going Down”, which is a known completed unreleased song, yielded nothing. As such, any exceptions were pretty easily explained. 

The songs being in the system doesn’t mean anything though, besides just the sheer fact that they are the ones that they want to prevent leaks from happening with and maybe are the ones Axl still wants to release one day. They may release these- who knows. We now know “Perhaps” and “The General” are likely keeping their original names, as we’ve seen via the alt list, which lines up with the Spotify database searches. Theories that the algorithim would’ve had to apply because the names were similiar despite being “working titles” are now disproven, as we know 2 of the songs have the same name- this is the most recent development in regards to what Spotify could mean.

But yeah I’m not sure it means anything will be released. We can gather Perhaps and maybe The General are planned, but I doubt stuff like RealDoll or a full album are release imminent. But even if it’s just leak prevention they are in the system in some form and are at least on the band’s radar.

Being a GNR fan is so much fun, isn’t it?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

The General is a 7 minutes long snoozfest with few lyrics/singing, but would fit nicely in a horror movie

I think you heard a fanmade version, beyond a 2 minite barely audible phone clip no version has leaked or been heard publically yet

6 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

First point this were words from Slash: There’s new Guns N’ Roses material coming out as we speak, and we’ll probably keep putting it out until the entire record’s worth of stuff is done and then put it out solid,” he said. 

Second Point: We know Perhaps is one of this songs but I don't know what is your source for Atlas

Third point: The General was in a setlist that It seems to be legit so maybe you made a mistake and put Atlas instead of The General

Also I know Slash after this quote said something different like they are puttikg pair of songs and seems to be 4-6 songs, so maybe you're right also

No, I meant Atlas. My source is that we have a completed Atlas with vocals that leaked. Bumblefoot said they were going to have it on ChiDem until the last moment. It's obviously one of the very few songs that Slash & Duff reworked, because they only reworked songs that Axl actually recorded vocals for. I also do not believe The General was on a real set list. And I am 100% right, because it's exactly what Slash said. Hardschool and Absurd are two he acknowledged as already released, which he then said the plan is to release another one or two, and then another one or two. So we're getting 2-4 more ChiDem songs which makes a total of 4-6 altogether. 

Hardschool

Absurd

Perhaps

Atlas

?? 

??

Then starts the process of writing new music after the tour ends this year, which only a looney toon (pun intended) would believe is actually going to happen

8 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

There’s new Guns N’ Roses material coming out as we speak, and we’ll probably keep putting it out until the entire record’s worth of stuff is done and then put it out solid,” he said. 

It’s not entirely being the realms of possibility that they decided to do away with the drip feed release (been 2 years since a single already) and release a record in one drop.

13 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

It’s not entirely being the realms of possibility that they decided to do away with the drip feed release (been 2 years since a single already) and release a record in one drop.

That's my point, maybe not a full record but 2 EP, or maybe a full record with some covers or live recordings

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No, I meant Atlas. My source is that we have a completed Atlas with vocals that leaked. Bumblefoot said they were going to have it on ChiDem until the last moment. It's obviously one of the very few songs that Slash & Duff reworked, because they only reworked songs that Axl actually recorded vocals for. I also do not believe The General was on a real set list. And I am 100% right, because it's exactly what Slash said. Hardschool and Absurd are two he acknowledged as already released, which he then said the plan is to release another one or two, and then another one or two. So we're getting 2-4 more ChiDem songs which makes a total of 4-6 altogether. 

Hardschool

Absurd

Perhaps

Atlas

?? 

??

Then starts the process of writing new music after the tour ends this year, which only a looney toon (pun intended) would believe is actually going to happen

Even Bumblefoot himself said years after CD was released that Atlas was a completed song but It need some more work and hope to get Axl studio with him to get finished soon.

That a versión with vocals of Atlas leaked does not mean is intended to be released, we don't know the exactly amount of songs with vocals, maybe Axl decided to drop It altogether

I think we can be fairly certain the songs they recorded were 

Absurd

Hardskool

The General

Perhaps

Atlas Shrugged

Maaayyybeee there's one more we don't know about, but the 4-6 will almost certainly be those 5. no more or 1 more. at least as of 2021. could they have done some more stuff in 2023 before this tour started and kept it secret? Maybe, but unlikely. Those 5 will be released, but when that is? This band and its management and way of releasing music has been a joke since 1993. So it'll be random, late, make no sense, and create little more than a whimper among the music world. But at least we will have these 5 songs we so desire. And seeing as we are the hardcore fanbase, that's all that should matter. 

3 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I think we can be fairly certain the songs they recorded were 

Absurd

Hardskool

The General

Perhaps

Atlas Shrugged

Maaayyybeee there's one more we don't know about, but the 4-6 will almost certainly be those 5. no more or 1 more. at least as of 2021. could they have done some more stuff in 2023 before this tour started and kept it secret? Maybe, but unlikely. Those 5 will be released, but when that is? This band and its management and way of releasing music has been a joke since 1993. So it'll be random, late, make no sense, and create little more than a whimper among the music world. But at least we will have these 5 songs we so desire. And seeing as we are the hardcore fanbase, that's all that should matter. 

What makes u think The General's in that list?

And on a side note, was Going Down "sold back" to Tommy? Is it gone forever? I mean... depending on the credits and all, couldn't it be just given to Duff and re-recorded by the band? 

25 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

What makes u think The General's in that list?

And on a side note, was Going Down "sold back" to Tommy? Is it gone forever? I mean... depending on the credits and all, couldn't it be just given to Duff and re-recorded by the band? 

It was ready for release in 2010, hence Axl played it. And it is in the setlists and possibly has also been soundchecked. Slash also said the new songs were more epic than the previous releases.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Tommy said he was going to see about getting it back - Duff would ruin a great song if he went anywhere near it. If anything, Axl should have recorded leads as it would have showcased his range perfectly. Release it as a B side to a single should an album ever appear with Tam on vocals. Axl's backing vocals are fucking obscene. Some of the best he's ever recorded IMO.

If I had to guess. I’d say the songs are: 

Hard Skool

Absurd

Perhaps

The General

Atlas Shrugged

Soul Monster

Any other Chinese Democracy material I think will come out someday untouched from its former state as a sorta bonus deluxe version. Assuming we can take Slash at his word and it isn’t misdirection or changed plans. 

Edited by Grayfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

If I had to guess. I’d say the songs are: 

Hard Skool

Absurd

Perhaps

The General

Atlas Shrugged

Soul Monster

Any other Chinese Democracy material I think will come out someday untouched from its former state as a sorta bonus deluxe version. Assuming we can take Slash at his word and it isn’t misdirection or changed plans. 

Why soul monster?

I hope you're right

1 minute ago, Dummy said:

Why soul monster?

I hope you're right

If we go by what Axl said in the chats years ago we know he recorded vocals for it. If it wasn’t for the Locker leaks there would have only been 5 songs we knew for sure had vocals. Soul Monster one of them. So it has to mean something to Axl. So I think it’s possible that could be one. Slash also said some of the songs were more complex. Based off the sound check of perhaps we know that’s not it

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Tommy said he was going to see about getting it back - Duff would ruin a great song if he went anywhere near it. If anything, Axl should have recorded leads as it would have showcased his range perfectly. Release it as a B side to a single should an album ever appear with Tam on vocals. Axl's backing vocals are fucking obscene. Some of the best he's ever recorded IMO.

I can imagine Duff singing it. And LOL, I hated the Axl backing vocals :lol:

As for the new songs, if they ever released an EP or something, which I still find it hard to believe, I would guess:

- Hard Skool

- Absurd

- Perhaps (Really think that chorus needs working. If Axl won't record something else, I'd drop all vocals except for "you're all alone now" and replace them with a Slash guitar lick)

- Atlas Shrugged 

- State of Grace (Although the leaked version has dreadful vocals, expecially in the verses. They certainly need a good change. Chorus is fine though)

11 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

- State of Grace (Although the leaked version has dreadful vocals, expecially in the verses. They certainly need a good change. Chorus is fine though)

State Of Grace, at least the mix we heard also lacks a guitar solo or anything close to one, and I believe the vocals we heard were mostly, if not all placeholder.

My hope is the song was completed, with a proper vocal take and a solo added by Robin, Bucket, or Richard. 

11 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

State Of Grace, at least the mix we heard also lacks a guitar solo or anything close to one, and I believe the vocals we heard were mostly, if not all placeholder.

My hope is the song was completed, with a proper vocal take and a solo added by Robin, Bucket, or Richard. 

If Axl won't or can't record anything, they could hand the verses over to Duff and leave Axl on the chorus. That would be nice for Axl live-wise. The guitars would most certainly be re-recorded by Slash, though.

30 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

If Axl won't or can't record anything, they could hand the verses over to Duff and leave Axl on the chorus. That would be nice for Axl live-wise. The guitars would most certainly be re-recorded by Slash, though.

I would imagine they have worked on that song between 2000-2014 unless they abandoned it, but regardless, yeah they probably would re-do the guitars :(