The Spotify X-Files thread

I really don't believe in the Spotify algorithm that much. I knew a new Blink 182 song was coming yesterday. I searched it on Spotify 2 days before, at which they had started an active campaign for. It did not bring up Blink 182 as an artist option. Did get a fan made playlist that had the songs title in the name. 

Food for thought I guess. 

• Like 2
  • PERHAPS 1

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this is note-worthy, maybe not… but in light of recent events, I feel compelled to share anyways:

Guns N’ Roses is showing up as a top result for me when searching for “The General” on… Apple Music. Here in the US.

Now this has been pretty darn common for Spotify, but to my recollection, I’ve never experienced this on another streaming service before. Hence, just throwing it out there :shrugs:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Maybe this is note-worthy, maybe not… but in light of recent events, I feel compelled to share anyways:

Guns N’ Roses is showing up as a top result for me when searching for “The General” on… Apple Music. Here in the US.

Now this has been pretty darn common for Spotify, but to my recollection, I’ve never experienced this on another streaming service before. Hence, just throwing it out there :shrugs:

It's showing for me as well, but I wonder if that's influenced by the fact that I added a song called "The General" by Guns N' Roses from my shared library. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It's showing for me as well, but I wonder if that's influenced by the fact that I added a song called "The General" by Guns N' Roses from my shared library. 

Yes.

3 hours ago, tboneman said:

Same with Amazon Music. I wrote "the gene.." and first auto suggestions immediately was "the general guns n roses". 

You've spent days listening to and talking about The General.

It wasn't going to suggest Tiptoe Through the Tulips.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

In defense of “The General” potentially releasing (after today’s soundcheck), if you search “Atlas Shrugged” (another potential release), you get nada on Apple Music.

”The General” is still showing GNR as a top artist, and I assume the algorithm is somewhat different than that of Spotify’s.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...