The Spotify X-Files thread

4 hours ago, Ollster42 said:

"Algorithm" must've changed again, not getting results for perhaps, the general or atlas so quickly. (UK)

I predict some kind of live debut in Paris tonight. probably "Perhaps" :suspicious:

Why not Bucharest, Budapest or Athens ?
Glasgow and London have been predicted....others maybe also.

It can happen anywhere, anytime....or never.

But Paris is OK with me.

Have fun and rock on for all who are attending the show....or online.

Edited by avahland
GGlasgow -G

For the upload-prevention theory, I searched up one of Taylor Swift + T-Pain's songs that won't have an official release on streaming platforms due to its strange nature (but it was broadcast on TV once.)

No unofficial uploads of the song shows up early in the songs section.

Taylor Swift and T-Pain show up as the artists, despite not uploading it.

Taylor's albums also show up.

However, there are unoffocial uploads of the song on Spotify. So Spotify must REALLY suck at preventing unofficial uploads if leak-prevention theory is true.

Note that whoever uploaded Thug Story uploaded it as a podcast episode.

There's also another person who also uploaded it, so people managed to bypass it twice.

Another Taylor song "You're losing me", which had a physical release, but is not supposed to be on steaming release yet, is also unofficially uploaded on spotify as a podcast episode, without being taken down, despite being repeatedley taken down on Youtube. (Searching for that song also brings up other Taylor songs.)

( Link removed. )

Edited by BucketEgg
edit: linking to unofficial spotify upload of a song that will be eventually released to streaming probably isn't a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I really don’t wanna add to the whole Spotify thing… BUT, GNR is showing in top results for “Perhaps,” “The General,” AND “Atlas Shrugged” for me in the US right now. 

Tried “State of Grace” and “Eye On You” for good measure and nothing…

I would LOVE if Perhaps actually turns out to be an EP…  maybe this gives some credence to the idea, maybe not… but it is a wee bit strange. 

Edited by GNRRHCP98

5 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Okay, I really don’t wanna add to the whole Spotify thing… BUT, GNR is showing in top results for “Perhaps,” “The General,” AND “Atlas Shrugged” for me in the US right now. 

Tried “State of Grace” and “Eye On You” for good measure and nothing…

I would LOVE if Perhaps actually turns out to be an EP…  maybe this gives some credence to the idea, maybe not… but it is a wee bit strange. 

Note I have screenshots to back this up, but am an idiot and have no clue how to get them up here :wacko:

5 minutes ago, betterman said:

Maybe the three songs are ready to be released but I dont think they release it at the same time.

You’re probably right. Those honestly are probably the ones they decided were optimal to rework, and it would make sense given Slash’s earlier comments about having a couple more to go.

I think they’re foolish not to release it in the EP format, and forgo this trickle-down nonsense, but hey, “new” music is “new music.” 

Edited by GNRRHCP98

On 8/9/2023 at 10:54 AM, tboneman said:

I got nothing here in Finland. And I only use Spotify Free for podcasts, and Qobuz for music. Only GnR related thing showing up is some two random podcast episodes talking about rumours of Perhaps maybe being released. 

Update. Now Chinese Democracy shows up in the albums category and Hard Skool in the songs category 😄

I really didn't give this X-files thread a lot of thought for the longest time, but now... i want to believe (pardon the terrible play on words.) 

Has anyone been trying platforms other than Spotify? I've used Apple Music and I get an official Apple playlist (i think it is official at least) of the Guns N' Roses 2023 Tour Set List when I search "perhaps guns". Complete with animated graphics and a description of the current tour. 

On the Perhaps linkfire page, if you stop the page from redirecting and check the source code there are links for Tidal and Amazon Music. I was unable to find anything Perhaps related on Amazon. But I don't have Tidal. Maybe that's worth a shot too. 

• 2 weeks later...