The Spotify X-Files thread

On 7/7/2023 at 3:19 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s hard to let go of the idea of there being a new album because it exists. We know it’s done, we know lots of the song titles, we know how easy and logical it would be to just release it, but for whatever reason they don’t do it. I don’t blame anyone who holds on to hope when we all know it exists.

How do we know this?

40 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Doing a bit of mulder and scully with vpn. Argentina doesn’t need the ‘g’ to bring up GnR for Perhaps and the General

Here in Brazil we also don't need the "g" to get GN'R on both Perhaps and The General. Even better: both tracks bring Chinese Democracy the album as their first result.

1 hour ago, SeBaZ said:

Did you know that "search suggestions" are based on similar searchs? Every time you search for "perhaps guns" you feed the algorithm and he thinks that is cool to sugest guns n roses when someone searchs for perhaps. Similar to Netflix who suggest you movie they don't have in the catalog but keep suggesting it because many people searchs for it.

Sorry for ruin the party

This has been widely debunked.

The closest meaning is that these songs have been uploaded for leak prevention. An actual release though is not a surefire thing.

• Like 1

My gut tells me some/all of these songs are coming in the not too distant.

I also think the original plan was to put them out late summer/early autumn last year but they wanted to do another round of touring first, hence the Spotify episode last September.

Just my $0.02

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

My gut tells me some/all of these songs are coming in the not too distant.

I also think the original plan was to put them out late summer/early autumn last year but they wanted to do another round of touring first, hence the Spotify episode last September.

Just my $0.02

I think it’s more likely they didn’t want to “compete” with the UYI box set. 

• Like 1

Interestigly, the only two songs I’m getting any sort of search for on Spotify right now are Perhaps and The General. We’ve been down this path so many times before, so I will suppress my excitement and say it means nothing. I want to believe but I can’t :axl:

On 7/10/2023 at 5:45 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

This has been widely debunked.

Where?

I really want a new gnr record, but, that's the way algorithms works. That's the way Spotify suggest you similar songs when your playlist ends, it's based on big data about other users experience with the platform.

https://diymusician.cdbaby.com/music-career/spotify-algorithm/#:~:text=What does Spotify's algorithm do,to hear in the future.

CdBaby is one of the biggest music distributor 

Edited by SeBaZ
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SeBaZ said:

Where?

I really want a new gnr record, but, that's the way algorithms works. That's the way Spotify suggest you similar songs when your playlist ends, it's based on big data about other users experience with the platform.

https://diymusician.cdbaby.com/music-career/spotify-algorithm/#:~:text=What does Spotify's algorithm do,to hear in the future.

CdBaby is one of the biggest music distributor 

1.) We all spammed the system last fall with “Red Panda Guns n Roses” daily, multiple times a day. It did not appear.

2.) A few dozen nerds who know the song titles could’ve caused the algorithms to change in the first place?

3.) There is a credible source somewhere in this thread confirming that this is likely what happens when songs are added for leak prevention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

1.) We all spammed the system last fall with “Red Panda Guns n Roses” daily, multiple times a day. It did not appear.

2.) A few dozen nerds who know the song titles could’ve caused the algorithms to change in the first place?

3.) There is a credible source somewhere in this thread confirming that this is likely what happens when songs are added for leak prevention.

1) I didn't. You say "we all". How many were that? 4 guys? 40 guys? 400 guys?

2) " A few dozen"? Are you counting in all the hundred of people all over the world, including big markets like Brazil and Argentinia now?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

1) I didn't. You say "we all". How many were that? 4 guys? 40 guys? 400 guys?

2) " A few dozen"? Are you counting in all the hundred of people all over the world, including big markets like Brazil and Argentinia now?

1. Well i'd say at least the same volume of people that searched for Zodiac or Thyme... so it kind of doesn't make sense that we couldn't trick the algorithm with the red panda thing

2. But not all of them know the obscure stuff like we do...

At the end of the day i think that is only metadata uploaded to Spotify for some reason and not any real songs or albums at all.:max:

1 minute ago, metalavenger99 said:

1. Well i'd say at least the same volume of people that searched for Zodiac or Thyme... so it kind of doesn't make sense that we couldn't trick the algorithm with the red panda thing

2. But not all of them know the obscure stuff like we do...

At the end of the day i think that is only metadata uploaded to Spotify for some reason and not any real songs or albums at all.:max:

I am not sure. The amount of people searching for "Red panda guns n' roses" would be limited to the subset of people from mygnrforum who bothered, whereas the number of people searching for titles from the locker leaks could be much larger, basically any fan of the band with knowledge of the locker leak song titles. 

Anyway, I am just commenting because it doesn't seem to me to be "widely debunked". 

Personally, I don't thin either theory fits perfectly, but when that happens with theories that are not mutually exclusive, the explanation might be a combination.

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not sure. The amount of people searching for "Red panda guns n' roses" would be limited to the subset of people from mygnrforum who bothered, whereas the number of people searching for titles from the locker leaks could be much larger, basically any fan of the band with knowledge of the locker leak song titles. 

Anyway, I am just commenting because it doesn't seem to me to be "widely debunked". 

Personally, I don't thin either theory fits perfectly, but when that happens with theories that are not mutually exclusive, the explanation might be a combination.

Yeah that's true, more searches over time could've had impacted the results. 

And i agree with that too, there is no clear "100%"explanation and no theory fits perfectly, but i'm very sure that Slash hasn't reworked Cuban Skies or Real Doll haha, so maybe the algorithm is gonna win this one, sadly.

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

Yeah that's true, more searches over time could've had impacted the results. 

And i agree with that too, there is no clear "100%"explanation and no theory fits perfectly, but i'm very sure that Slash hasn't reworked Cuban Skies or Real Doll haha, so maybe the algorithm is gonna win this one, sadly.

Haha, yes, I HIGHLY doubt there is a song that is finished with Slash called "realdoll.com" still. 

If I was to put my money on anything, it would be that there is both an algorithm at play AND song titles sent in to Spotify.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Netflix uses the same algorithm and suggest you titles that will never touch the platform...

If the point 3 it's true, someone create a free account on freshtunes or any free platform like that and upload Perhaps. If the track is preloaded for leak prevention, well, the system will takedown automatically (the takedown happens in the upload process, they don't  upload songs with copyright lock)  and will never appear on spotify. If the track appears on spotify (even for just a few minutes), it's a myth.

Even if the track was reworked, we all know the vocal track will be the same, and the content id will identify automatically.

27 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

"Algorithm" must've changed again, not getting results for perhaps, the general or atlas so quickly. (UK)

I predict some kind of live debut in Paris tonight. probably "Perhaps" :suspicious:

Tonight could be the night, hopefully. But if nothing happens, then we'll have to wait until the US tour starts