The Spotify X-Files thread

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Just googled that site, what did it say?

Yes, I am familiar with "The General" by Guns N' Roses. It's a song from their sixth studio album "Chinese Democracy" which was released in 2008. The song was written by lead singer Axl Rose. The song has a political theme, it describes a general who is a dictator, and his misguided attempts to control the population. The lyrics are critical of the political situation in the Middle East and the Western world's involvement in it. The song was not released as a single, but it was included in the album and it has been played live by the band during the Chinese Democracy Tour.

2 hours before the answer was much shorter....just saying it was a song on the album and that the song contained critics on politics and society like may songs of the famous band.

That robot seems to collect random information on the internet....sometimes good, sometimes not reliable at all :-)

6 hours ago, axlsalinger said:

I was actually asking ChatGPT about unreleased GNR music myself a couple of days ago, haha.

I asked why Axl Rose refuses to release new music, but the robot had no idea either. 

Everybody is caught in the Big Algorithm Trap.
Axl is the last man standing and the only one who is free.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Just imagine. Tuesday Perhaps is released. Then Friday The General..

There would actually be some peace on the board for a long moment. The concert complainers would be settled and the new release people also

The people who are registered on this forum and check it a lot will take 1 hour to complain about the production or something, there is no such thing as "peace on the board"

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The people who are registered on this forum and check it a lot will take 1 hour to complain about the production or something, there is no such thing as "peace on the board"

Idk, most people who don't like the production on the 2021 singles are still CD fans, so if they actually release The General it will be one of those rare moments where almost everyone is happy (like summer 2016 or when they released the Ritz blu ray).

• Like 1

Just now, metalavenger99 said:

I used to firmly believe that this Spotify thing would lead us somewhere until Thyme and Circus Maximus(?) or shit like that started to work as well :rofl-lol: or when people finally stopped searching and GnR wouldn't appear anymore as a result.

Yeah the Spotify thing is irrelevant. The only true indicator of a song coming soon is if it is in linkfire, which is not the case yet for Perhaps and The General.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah the Spotify thing is irrelevant. The only true indicator of a song coming soon is if it is in linkfire, which is not the case yet for Perhaps and The General.

Yep, and I wouldn't be surprised if GNR's marketing team caught on to the fact that we could tell in advance and will now decrease the time between their publishing of the linkfire pages and the release of the singles.

• Like 1