The Spotify X-Files thread

7 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Lol no one here has heard 

A few members were at the 2010 party where it was played.

Though, there's no way I'd remember it if I was there. Maybe bits, but I need to listen to a song dozens of times before I remember it well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

There are 10000000% people either currently  on this forum or those who have posted in the past that have heard unreleased material. It’s been proven a few times already. 

Lol not the general though... that's what we're talking about here... plus being at the party an hearing it is different to someone actually having the demo or a studio version/ actual copy of this song.. no one here has it, so why spread fake news? Lol... it would have been shared already thru the usual places and "well known" sources. Just enjoy the phone recording like everyone else has, until uncle axl is ready to share it 👍🤘

1 hour ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Lol not the general though... that's what we're talking about here... plus being at the party an hearing it is different to someone actually having the demo or a studio version/ actual copy of this song.. no one here has it, so why spread fake news? Lol... it would have been shared already thru the usual places and "well known" sources. Just enjoy the phone recording like everyone else has, until uncle axl is ready to share it 👍🤘

You are completely mistaken with your opinion. 

• Haha 1

If nobody had heard it then how do we know what the lyrics are? Did Evader just guess from the cell phone clip? Or did somebody with the song confirm for him those are the words.

14 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If someone does have The General, and they don't leak it, then they can get fucked. Where's The Chairman when you need him?

Maybe, if someone has The General, perhaps it is their only "gem" and they are holding it for Soul Monster, Zodiac 13 with vocals, Oklahoma with vocals, etc. 

Leaking your only card you have to play isn't wise if it is the biggest potential you have to get more stuff.

There are numerous people out there, with a gem or two that have not seen the light of day outside of their circle, and the GN'R circle.

Nobody has it, but I’m sure there are people here who likes to be intentionally vague about it. Not sure why, tho. There’s absolutely nothing to gain from that.

12 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If nobody had heard it then how do we know what the lyrics are? Did Evader just guess from the cell phone clip? Or did somebody with the song confirm for him those are the words.

I’m not sure I have this Evader version with lyrics. The one I heard only had some gibberish from different performances. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Dean said:

@Dexter @Bumblefoot @Fernando

7 of my sources have confirmed that the above users may have at one point been in possession of or at least heard 'The General'.

@Brodie and @card5777 have Soul Monster, and so much more.

The former is likely no longer with us, may he rest in peace.

As for the latter, my old pal, you are missed here. I know you are still alive, but claim to no longer have an interest in GN'R. Please come back for a visit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

"Atlas shru" still pulling up GNR immediately, "state of gr" too, and that's it.

Haven't searched for this in weeks and it still shows the same two results I always got here in Germany.

These, Se7en and Soul Monster still bring out GN'R in Sweden. I haven't searched for weeks either.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Nobody has it, but I’m sure there are people here who likes to be intentionally vague about it. Not sure why, tho. There’s absolutely nothing to gain from that.

I’m not sure I have this Evader version with lyrics. The one I heard only had some gibberish from different performances. 

Yes that's what I meant  I guess he used the cd tracks to try and recreate what he heard from the aftershow clip

I typed in Soul Monster... I get the GnR Logo artist at the very top.  Which means two things, maybe they release it soon, since it has kind of a halloween vibe to it.  Another thing I was thinking about is.... They could have easily taken parts of other songs ( Berlin) and added them to another track ( Soul Monster) since we know Slash and Duff have pretty much reworked, all the next titles for the new album.

Edited by Roses4L

6 minutes ago, Roses4L said:

Another thing I was thinking about is.... They could have easily taken parts of other songs ( Berlin) and added them to another track ( Soul Monster) since we know Slash and Duff have pretty much reworked, all the next titles for the new album.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they used parts from other songs but the version of Soul Monster we have sounds pretty complete and Axl already put vocals on it back in '04, so I doubt they would have made any drastic changes to the song