The Spotify X-Files thread

30 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

How long are we going to care that typing in these titles pulls up GNR? 

I know - I may be wrong - anything's possible - but I agree it doesn't necessarily mean a thing.

As to your question, I assume this latest obsession will go the way of all the other bits of false hope that have somehow sustained the idea that a new album release is imminent for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodzilla72 said:

I know - I may be wrong - anything's possible - but I agree it doesn't necessarily mean a thing.

As to your question, I assume this latest obsession will go the way of all the other bits of false hope that have somehow sustained the idea that a new album release is imminent for years.

I think we’ll collectively stop hoping once the UYI release comes and goes with zero word on new music. I think a handful of fans around here are looking at a surprise UYI III tie in, so once that of course doesn’t happen everyone will probably be on the same page.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I think we’ll collectively stop hoping once the UYI release comes and goes with zero word on new music. I think a handful of fans around here are looking at a surprise UYI III tie in, so once that of course doesn’t happen everyone will probably be on the same page.

It was confirmed everyone had went mad once people started making album lists and talking about UYI 3 based on this theory lol

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 10/13/2022 at 6:03 PM, SoulMonster said:

It's okay to have opinions, but not opinions that fly in the face of facts ;). And there simply hasn't been countless examples of the band saying a release is imminent. Even in 2002, the band talked about the record coming out first the next year. In 2006 they actually did talk about the band coming out the same year, so this could be said to have been "imminent". And then there were talks about this again in 2008, but then they were right. Since then the only thing is Fernando's claim of the record coming out within the next 6 months or so. At least that's how I remember it and I don't have time to do any research on this now. 

What I would agree with you on, is that there has been countless examples of the band talking about working on new music, and that with this taken into account, the output has been abysmal.

Please, now shove this "imminent" opinion:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-wants-to-record-new-full-length-album-with-guns-n-roses

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

The guy is undefeatable! hahahahah

All "statements" are like this one.

No, there has hardly been any previous statements where any band member has suggested a date for new releases, except those I have already mentioned previously. I kind of know this since I have gone through just about every interview with the band :)

• Like 3

The only 4 songs still bringing up GnR in the UK:

* State of Grace

* Atlas Shrugged

* The General

* Soul Monster

I believe those are the songs Slash was referring to in his recent interview. Hopefully we’ll see a couple of them this side of ‘22

Edited by gavgnr

3 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

* State of Grace

* Atlas Shrugged

* The General

* Soul Monster

I believe those are the songs Slash was referring to in his recent interview. Hopefully we’ll see a couple of them this side of ‘22

If we do, you know it's going to be the first two you listed, :D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If we do, you know it's going to be the first two you listed, :D

I'd have absolutely no complaints over that!! Atlas is probably my favorite GNR tune. I hope it's not been shat on from a great height by anybody's handiwork... :slash:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Dean said:

I'd have absolutely no complaints over that!! Atlas is probably my favorite GNR tune. I hope it's not been shat on from a great height by anybody's handiwork... :slash:

It would be better than nothing! Between the two, I'm sure State Of Grace will be the most changed. I'd love to hear a "final" mix of that with Bucket work included. 

My guess is Atlas will be close to the Village version but with Slash and Richard and Duff high in the mix. I hope they keep Brains drums like they did with Absurd, except mix the entire thing properly. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

* State of Grace

* Atlas Shrugged

* The General

* Soul Monster

As Slash referring to me It seems that more than four tracks, I would add to this list Oklahoma/Berlin and just maybe Perhaps( just because of the vocals are surely done)

28 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged and The General appear in France

Are you from another country and currently visiting France, and searching on your Spotify app?

Because if so, you're not seeing what French users see (nothing shows up there, according to my VPN), but what users from your country see.