The Spotify X-Files thread

Just now, Legendador said:

Ok so you're being too much attached to the word "statement", but, in my point of view I don't need a release or an official social media from to band to be regarded as a "statement".

No, it was your claim that there had been "countless" claims of an "imminent" release that I objected to. But maybe you struggle to count above 3?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

No, it was your claim that there had been "countless" claims of an "imminent" release that I objected to. But maybe you struggle to count above 3?

Dude, I don't wanna start a war of words with you.

This band, in its current state, is not worth it.

You don't agree with my opinion? OK, but this is the way how I feel it, "countless" or "a few", "imminent" or "soon is the word". Who cares.

FYI, for a Brazilian I can count way up an better than 3 in a lot of languages, maybe not that perfect so my message can be misunderstood sometimes, words are words and can change, but arrogant people will always be the same. My best to you, hot shot! 

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

You don't agree with my opinion? OK, but this is the way how I feel it

It's okay to have opinions, but not opinions that fly in the face of facts ;). And there simply hasn't been countless examples of the band saying a release is imminent. Even in 2002, the band talked about the record coming out first the next year. In 2006 they actually did talk about the band coming out the same year, so this could be said to have been "imminent". And then there were talks about this again in 2008, but then they were right. Since then the only thing is Fernando's claim of the record coming out within the next 6 months or so. At least that's how I remember it and I don't have time to do any research on this now. 

What I would agree with you on, is that there has been countless examples of the band talking about working on new music, and that with this taken into account, the output has been abysmal.

• Like 1

I see "cuban s" brings up GN'R in Canada now (in addition to state of grace, atlas shrugged, the general and soul mon).

The general and perhaps don't bring up GN'R in Sweden anymore (state of grace, atlas shrugged, soul monster, thyme, zodiac, se7en and realdo still bring up GN'R and/or Hard Skool/Absurd).

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Evader did a great job, no doubt. However, if that's what the song actually sounds like, I'm not impressed.

I once wanted to try and cover it. I realized I couldn't record those vocals screaming out those lyrics in my living room. How do you explain those lyrics to the people next door? :o

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Evader did a great job, no doubt. However, if that's what the song actually sounds like, I'm not impressed.

Aside from the two minute snippet from that 2010 party, and the live intro to the older concerts, we don't have anything else so one would assume the actual track is 4-6 minutes long.

44 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I’ll say one thing, I genuinely believe (having heard the cellphone clip) that the song will be be pretty fuckin amazing and momentous. 

Me too, at least that mix at that time. I hope Frank and Slash and the crew don't mess it up too bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:50 PM, Legendador said:

Ok so you're being too much attached to the word "statement", but, in my point of view I don't need a release or an official social media from to band to be regarded as a "statement".

And yes, everytime, a band member, manager, family (like Susan) say it, it is a statement. So there you go, I'm stubborn and I'll stick to the word "countless"!

The thing is I've had it with this band at the last São Paulo concert! 

He's nitpicking you dude, its what he does. Everyone knows GnR are worse than a stripper is with a virgin and a boner. There have been COUNTLESS times they have hinted an album release is either ready, coming, on the horizon etc. Ok soulmonsterman will nitpick they've never given dates or said imminent. But which band member hasnt said an album is either recorded or ready or coming soon (even if soon is not the word). Genuinely, i don't think theres been a member since 2006 that hasn't given an interview indicating a new album is coming. Sure, if you want to be a cunt like some people here, coming could literally mean in the year 2030. but obviously that is not what is being implied. But fernando, sorry, soul monster will have us believe that GnR promise nothing and we are fools for thinking a band that constantly cock tease and never deliver, are going to, you know, do what a band does, and release new music. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

He's nitpicking you dude, its what he does. Everyone knows GnR are worse than a stripper is with a virgin and a boner. There have been COUNTLESS times they have hinted an album release is either ready, coming, on the horizon etc. 

Yes, there has been many times they have talked about working on a new record, and a few times that have indicated a release date (or year), but there simply hasn't been "countless times" they have said a release is "imminent". I don't get this need to steadfastly exaggerate to a point where it is ridiculous...reality not good enough? 

• Like 3

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Yes, there has been many times they have talked about working on a new record, and a few times that have indicated a release date (or year), but there simply hasn't been "countless times" they have said a release is "imminent". I don't get this need to steadfastly exaggerate to a point where it is ridiculous...reality not good enough? 

reality with this band is definitely not good enough, no. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2