The Spotify X-Files thread

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Cuban sk still comes up

Does it bring up GnR or absurd/HardSkool in the songs?

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

I don't understand why would they upload metadata so much in advance...

Yeah that’s got me beat too

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't think anything is going to happen this year in terms of new music. They're very clearly promoting the UYI box, with this single and now the music video, and probably the November Rain 2022 single in November. This is pretty upsetting in my eyes, we've seen so much of AFD and UYI stuff that I think I'm really tired of all this shit lol. But there are positives:

1.) These songs have likely been uploaded or submitted in some form, so GNR is likely preparing a potential release, it's just not imminent, and we have a good idea of what the tracklist could be if it's true.

2.) They've already done AFD nostalgia tour, the UYI nostalgia era, after this where's there left to go? Either next year is the new music tour if they want to go back to the states again or the final tour. Can't see them touring everywhere again (minus South America which always loves GNR regardless) without something in the future.

Who knows with this band, I can get pretty negative about them, but I think right now we just gotta get through the UYI era re-tread and after, something new could surface next year, or 2024 if they take 2023 off.

The Spaghetti Incident Nostalgic era for the next 5 more years, which will be just in time for the 20 Anniversary of Chinese Democracy which will begin that nostalgic era tour with the new album coming out 2030…. makes sense in GNR thinking terms

With the Meegan IG: Live stream Soundcheck my guess is Berlin will be debuted before the end of the year.  Meaning they will have 3 new songs in the set list, that they can do another U.S. Tour with a release of the new album ( not everyone on the U.S  tour got to hear Absurd or Hard Skool live).  Then they can tour around the world again, with the release of a new album as well.  Will all these Spotify song listings, something is definitely up.

Edited by Roses4L
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

Shazam still doesnt work for any of them or say GNR I mean so nothing yet.. maybe it meant nothing? 

I suppose Shazam works when a release is imminent, e.g. just a few days before the song is released, not two months before.

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm in the US. The General no longer brings up GN'R.

Atlas Shrugged, Soul Monster, "Cuban Sk", and State Of Grace pull up GN'R.

Nothing else brings anything up. This seems to fluxgate. 

The General stopped bringing up GN'R in the U.S. about two weeks ago. Thyme comes and goes.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:38 PM, sofine11 said:

For the folks who think it’d be crazy to call CD2 “UYI III”…Folks, I’m sorry, but no one cares. It might be a footnote in a handful of reviews where these songs began, but again, no one will care, least of all Slash & Duff who would stand to make a lot of money from the sheer brand recognition sales. It’d be explosive. 

I'd care. The band's legacy got raped a lot by now. Don't fuck that shit up. CD stuff should be exactly that. If they wanna have a third Illusion record than they should sit down together in one room and start writing new material. If they think it's UYI-worthy stuff than label it as UYI. If not then not.