Perfect Crime, Garden of Eden or RNDTH?

On 10/18/2022 at 11:09 AM, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Reckless Life is the definitive GNR song for me :D 

Love this.. Not my definitive song but I do have a Reckless Life tattoo \m/ So under rated.  Amazing that they are playing it in their sets. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Love this.. Not my definitive song but I do have a Reckless Life tattoo \m/ So under rated.  Amazing that they are playing it in their sets. 

Although they seem to be allergic to officially releasing a live recording of it. Except Ritz 87, but that audio isn’t that great unfortunately 

14 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Although they seem to be allergic to officially releasing a live recording of it. Except Ritz 87, but that audio isn’t that great unfortunately 

My dream would be some kind of Ritz boxset containing a Blu Ray of the 87, 88 ans 91 Ritz shows as well as the audio.. I know the 87 show may be hard to transer but I am sure they could remaster it to make it alot better..  They must also have tons of backstage footage from the 88 and 91 shows for bonus features..

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

My dream would be some kind of Ritz boxset containing a Blu Ray of the 87, 88 ans 91 Ritz shows as well as the audio.. I know the 87 show may be hard to transer but I am sure they could remaster it to make it alot better..  They must also have tons of backstage footage from the 88 and 91 shows for bonus features..

At least we’re now getting Ritz 91, but the other two are great shows just not officially released or in the best quality. They could both use a remaster and release from the band 

• Like 1

I would rank them accordingly:

1) Perfect Crime.  One aspect that sets GnR apart from the rest is the way they were able to capture 'sleaze' on record.  The breakdown section of PC is a great example of this.

2) Right Next Door To Hell.  It's all about that intro really.  Great way to open the album, and runs nicely into Dust n Bones...

3) Garden of Eden.  Never been a huge fan of this, think the lyrics are the only really interesting aspect...

Right Next Door To Hell. For sure.
One of the best opening songs ever in my opinion. Great personal lyrics too, reflecting on his childhood (''my momma never really said much to me...'') and on his mental being, which was lacking on AFD because it was lyrically more a ''party'' record, for lack of a better word.

• Like 1