SLASH Wants To Record New Full-Length Album With GUNS N' ROSES

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It is what it is. Adler was a founding member while Gilby and Matt were just hired. If they like it or not.

Matt was more than just a hired hand and he deserved better. The Live Era trickery was petty of Axl. Gilby as others have pointed out, was a part of many of the live shows and deserved the credit but especially Sorum imo. He was "just" hired, and then he became a real part of the band. Credit where credit's due. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Matt was more than just a hired hand and he deserved better. The Live Era trickery was petty of Axl. Gilby as others have pointed out, was a part of many of the live shows and deserved the credit but especially Sorum imo. He was "just" hired, and then he became a real part of the band. Credit where credit's due. 

I love Matts contribution and I'd rather have Gilby in the current band than Fortus but they were just hired and only on GNR's payroll. They were never part of the partnership or had anything to say buisnesswise.

27 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I love Matts contribution and I'd rather have Gilby in the current band than Fortus but they were just hired and only on GNR's payroll. They were never part of the partnership or had anything to say buisnesswise.

but Matt had something to say artistically and did cocaine with Slash. That's gotta be worth a credit on a live album which he was also a part of. Gilby blended in perfectly with his image and playing style and was a part of the live album.

must they be a part of the partnership and have a say when it comes to the business aspect of it just to be properly credited for their work? when Steven was fired, how many drummers did they audition? pretty sure it was a nightmare and Matt saved the day. Gilby also kept it going for a long time.

I think Axl was just bitter.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

but Matt had something to say artistically and did cocaine with Slash. That's gotta be worth a credit on a live album which he was also a part of. Gilby blended in perfectly with his image and playing style and was a part of the live album.

must they be a part of the partnership and have a say when it comes to the business aspect of it just to be properly credited for their work? when Steven was fired, how many drummers did they audition? pretty sure it was a nightmare and Matt saved the day. Gilby also kept it going for a long time.

I think Axl was just bitter.

I really don't know but I think it's save to say that even if they were a band, Axl, Slash and Duff were Gilbys and Matts employers. Is Dizzy credited as full member? Because he should be ranked like Matt and Gilby too.

Edited by Free Bird

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

To be fair (and exact), only half of the TSI songs Gilby recorded were previously recorded by Izzy. The other half were recorded after Izzy quit. So Gilby recorded 10 TSI songs (5 previously recorded with Izzy and 5 new). The other three songs weren't recorded with either Izzy or Gilby.

interesting!

16 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I really don't know but I think it's save to say that even if they were a band, Axl, Slash and Duff were Gilbys and Matts employers. Is Dizzy credited as full member? Because he should be ranked like Matt and Gilby too.

yes, Dizzy is credited as a part of the band where Matt and Gilby are credited as just additional musicians, so yes... agree with your last sentence.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jorgeboz said:

Do we know which song did Izzy record fo TSI?

Attitude, New Rose, Black Leather, I Don't Care About You and Down On The Farm were recorded with Izzy during the Illusion sessions (instrumental rough mixes of the first four have circulated) and re-recorded later with Gilby.

Ain't It Fun was recorded during the Illusion sessions but without Izzy (Slash played both lead and rhythm guitar, and there was additional guitar by Mike Staggs, Axl's friend from Indiana) and wasn't re-recorded with Gilby.

Since I Don't Have You, Human Being, Raw Power, Buick Makane/Big Dump Sex and Hair Of The Dog were originally recorded with Gilby post-UYI.

• Like 3