SLASH Wants To Record New Full-Length Album With GUNS N' ROSES

Am I the only one confused as to why this isn't being talked about more? https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-wants-to-record-new-full-length-album-with-guns-n-roses

Thoughts? My translation: Slash is tired with a lack of recording and is drawing his line in the sand. I don't perceive his words here as representative of Axl's position. He's essentially saying, "No more excuses. Let's make a F'N record with new material for Godsake."

Edited by Tyson

1 minute ago, Swedish said:

This has already been discussed over the last week, in two different threads.

Yea, but it gets lost in certain threads. Considering the potential significance of it, I think it deserves its own thread for more eyeballs and more analysis 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Someone should really compile a list of every GNR band member of the years saying that they wanted to write a new album or were waiting for a tour to end to write a new album, etc. 

I guess everyone's hope was with Slash n Duff back in the band it might motivate Axl to release an album. They're more his equals to the hired hands that have come and gone thru the band.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I guess everyone's hope was with Slash n Duff back in the band it might motivate Axl to release an album. They're more his equals to the hired hands that have come and gone thru the band.

Yes but they were back 6 years ago. Since then we had a pandemic, new presidents in lots of countries, a new war, etc. Time has passed. A lot. And yet still nothing.

52 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Yes but they were back 6 years ago. Since then we had a pandemic, new presidents in lots of countries, a new war, etc. Time has passed. A lot. And yet still nothing.

Ideally they should release two albums like with Illusions. First could be Slash n Duff putting their stamp on the best of the leftover Chinese material. The second newer material written by the current line up. Or just two discs with a mix of both on each album.

A NZ musician I'm a big fan of Tim Finn has just turned 70. In the last year and a bit he's released two new albums with Phil Manzanera and one with ForENZics (featuring fellow Split Enz member Eddie Raynor). He's already got another ForENZics album recorded. Plus another album recorded with another collaborator Andy White. My point. It's not that hard to release a fucking album.

• Like 2

It’s not that hard to release an album. But when you’re a perfectionist who took a decade to produce your ‘magnum opus’ which then received a pretty critical reception on release, there probably isn’t much appetite (pardon the pun) to just knock out more albums for the sake of being prolific..

Edited by Nice Boy
  • GNFNR 1

33 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

This sounds exactly like slash in about 1995.

then he quit

I think Slash leaving the first time had more to do with Paul Tobias being forced upon the band. What became the first Snakepit lineup and album was a temporary solution for Slash to have a musical outlet. This time around I think Axl knows and respects Slash's value. And in any Guns downtime he can do his thing with Myles/Conspirators or another solo album.

So many predicted that the reunion wouldn't last. Well they've been friends again since 2015 and back together since 2016. So that's six or seven years. Obviously Slash wants this line up to release albums. But he's not gonna quit.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Gunner Gilby said:

Ideally they should release two albums like with Illusions. First could be Slash n Duff putting their stamp on the best of the leftover Chinese material. The second newer material written by the current line up. Or just two discs with a mix of both on each album.

A NZ musician I'm a big fan of Tim Finn has just turned 70. In the last year and a bit he's released two new albums with Phil Manzanera and one with ForENZics (featuring fellow Split Enz member Eddie Raynor). He's already got another ForENZics album recorded. Plus another album recorded with another collaborator Andy White. My point. It's not that hard to release a fucking album.

I think we all agree on this. Basically, they should, they could, but they won't (most probably). 😁

The smart move would have been to release a stand alone version of the Blu-ray for 25-30$, most people could afford it. And if you're really good, you release a "deluxe version" of the Blu-ray in a special packaging, and an extra (video) disc of...Vegas 92 for instance and you release it for 50 bucks. 49.99 and you have almost everyone on board.

Regarding a new album: it was 17 years between UYI and CD so maybe in 2025 if we're lucky?

Edited by WillBailey

Considering the peculiarities of GN'R, if they decided to write new material the "piecemeal" approach would be the best way to go. Instead of accumulating ideas for an album that would need to be developed (especially with lyrics and vocals) and would then end up unfinished, it would be better if they focused on one idea/song at a time: develop it, finish it, and then release it, then repeat the process as long as there's inspiration. I think Bumblefoot had that idea and it was a good one. It would make more sense to apply this approach for brand new music than for already recorded songs like they're doing now by releasing them every two years.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

By putting crap guitars over Buckethead+Robin parts and remixing songs that have already been overmixed, they're butchering unreleased CD material. Absurd and HardSkool's condition was both laughable and heartbreaking.

And talking about newly written tracks. These people are not Bowie or Cohen or David Gilmour with fountains of inspiration and content in their minds. Unlike the 80s, they seem to be disconnected with the reality. Most probably their new lyrics or even music won't amuse me as it'll be fake and pretentious. What's Axl's inspiration to write about? Beta and fam? Tacos?

I'd rather get old albums anniversary boxsets than new music if they want to release new music this way.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • GNFNR 2

35 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

I think we all agree on this. Basically, they should, they could, but they won't (most probably). 😁

Cant say they're really good on marketing  either. I mean most countries are undergoing prices crisis. Who releases a 400-500$ boxset with barely no promotion during that period? The smart move would have been to release a stand alone version of the Blu-ray for 25-30$, most people could afford it. And if you're really good, you release a "deluxe version" of the Blu-ray in a special packaging, and an extra (video) disc of...Vegas 92 for instance and you release it for 50 bucks. 49.99 and you have almost everyone on board.

Regarding a new album: it was 17 years between UYI and CD so maybe in 2025 if we're lucky?

They've been semi reunited for six years. How fucking easy would it have been to release a two or three disc live album and a Blu Ray/DVD? And it would've sold in the truckloads to both the die hard and casual fans.

4 hours ago, WillBailey said:

Cant say they're really good on marketing  either. I mean most countries are undergoing prices crisis. Who releases a 400-500$ boxset with barely no promotion during that period? The smart move would have been to release a stand alone version of the Blu-ray for 25-30$, most people could afford it. And if you're really good, you release a "deluxe version" of the Blu-ray in a special packaging, and an extra (video) disc of...Vegas 92 for instance and you release it for 50 bucks. 49.99 and you have almost everyone on board.

They ain’t getting my money, the only thing of interest to me is the blu Ray and I’m sure it’ll be on the torrents, it’s enough paying $200 for a ticket to see Axl choking and sputtering his way thru a show, fuck them and their box set. 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, WillBailey said:

That..is not smart. They chose the smart way by first of all milking the people who really want the Bluray and will now have to buy the entire boxset to get it. That's the entire catch. THEN it will come out standalone for cheaper later, for everyone to buy, and fans will buy it by the loads, no matter when the actual release is.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

18 hours ago, Tyson said:

Am I the only one confused as to why this isn't being talked about more? https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-wants-to-record-new-full-length-album-with-guns-n-roses

Thoughts? My translation: Slash is tired with a lack of recording and is drawing his line in the sand. I don't perceive his words here as representative of Axl's position. He's essentially saying, "No more excuses. Let's make a F'N record with new material for Godsake."

What's to talk about. It's nothing we haven't heard since 2009. 

• Like 1