SLASH Wants To Record New Full-Length Album With GUNS N' ROSES

On 11/2/2022 at 1:53 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

That..is not smart. They chose the smart way by first of all milking the people who really want the Bluray and will now have to buy the entire boxset to get it. That's the entire catch. THEN it will come out standalone for cheaper later, for everyone to buy, and fans will buy it by the loads, no matter when the actual release is.

That's.... Actually diabolical! 😈🤣

Great, he wants to record an album, but they’ll wait until after another tour next year, before they even start.

I guess they’re hoping Axl will hit 70, by the time they put it out, and his voice is completely gone. 

These guys waste so much bloody time… :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 11/2/2022 at 2:04 PM, ©GnrPersia said:

It's all up to Axl & nobody else. I repeat, nobody else. Covid can't be blamed.

1998-2008 = 10 Years
2008-2016 = 8 Years
2016-2022 = 6 Years
Total = 24 Years

24 years and only one album. It was thanks to Universal's pressure that that one album was released. Sanctuary had almost gone bankrupt because of this.

The fact that some still believe in an eventual new release is amazing. Axl is musically impotent.

Move that timeline back to 1994-1996 for the Use Your Illusion era band who recorded music over different sessions with the exception of Axl who contributed zero which had to be extremely frustrating.

This current era answers the question of what would happen if Guns N' Roses kept the same lineup post 1994 but endlessly toured instead of making new music. There's such a lack of purpose with the band outside of touring and making money.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mystery said:

Move that timeline back to 1994-1996 for the Use Your Illusion era band who recorded music over different sessions with the exception of Axl who contributed zero which had to be extremely frustrating.

This current era answers the question of what would happen if Guns N' Roses kept the same lineup post 1994 but endlessly toured instead of making new music. There's such a lack of purpose with the band outside of touring and making money.

I don't believe that. I think that Axl is just in no hurry to release music. It could be that the priority is first to make money and finish the tour and then record some new shit and look seriously into it. I think that there is still a chance that some kind of a hybrid album (old and new Gn'R tunes) will be released as the final Guns album.

even if it happens 5 years from now and Axl can't really do it justice live vocally, it's still something. I wonder how motivated Axl is to go through that process again of compiling the shit and recording but if Slash says he wants to record and shares this information in an interview, it must mean that Axl has informed him of what he wants to do.

worst case scenario we get more reworked CD ll tunes which is better than nothing at all.

Edited by Rovim

I've said it before but I'll say it again. Axl has no intention of ever being in the business side of the music industry again.  After all the hell he went though putting out Chinese Democracy he is just done with it. Everything about that process just sounds terrible.

If you had all the money in the world would you go back and work a job you hate?  The mixed reaction to the album certainly does not help.

I think if guns could ever do anything on their own terms, no label no producers no managers or anything Axl might be willing to do something. But I don't ever see him wanting to return to working in the industry ever again.

He is happy touring the world making millions being adored by thousands upon thousands of people.  It's certainly not a bad way to live the rest of your life 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I've said it before but I'll say it again. Axl has no intention of ever being in the business side of the music industry again.  After all the hell he went though putting out Chinese Democracy he is just done with it. Everything about that process just sounds terrible.

If you had all the money in the world would you go back and work a job you hate?  The mixed reaction to the album certainly does not help.

I think if guns could ever do anything on their own terms, no label no producers no managers or anything Axl might be willing to do something. But I don't ever see him wanting to return to working in the industry ever again.

He is happy touring the world making millions being adored by thousands upon thousands of people.  It's certainly not a bad way to live the rest of your life 

they have their own label or whatever. Axl doesn't have to go through that shit again afaik.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

1. He said he wants put out new music

2. He already released new music

Your theory is contradictive

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

They are there now.

Producer: Since CD (the final product), Axl co-produces with someone he completely trusts (Caram). Whatever we may think of the result of the work, it seems he is settled regarding that.

Management: He has people he apparently completely trusts - again, regardless of what we think of TB etc.

Label: They have their own label now. Although we don't know the details, it definitely means that they're less dependent from Universal now.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

So you think that just touring isn't the music industry and you're not dealing with and negotiating with nefarious creatures... yeah ok🤣

If your theory was correct he would sit at home, not touring AND not releasing music. Unfortunately for your theory he has enjoyed the fruits of the industry quite a bit in the years since CD, making millions and millions touring. And in the last year+ he's let two "new" songs out from his tight grip... meaning he's not opposed to releasing material and operating in the business.

Axl just wants to do everything on his terms.

• Like 4

On 11/5/2022 at 10:40 AM, drlaban said:

Axl studio will sound great, just like Ozzy.  

The difference between Axl and Ozzy is Axl writes his own music and doesn't hire professional hit-makers like Ali Tamposi (literally wrote songs for Justin Bieber and Kelly Clarkson) to keep him relevant. Ozzy is everything we all use to lambast. He's what we used to call a sell out. For some reason, though, like modern Aerosmith, he gets a pass. It's strange.

Edited by Nintari
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

With all the money he has he could easily put someone he trusts like team Brazil to take care of the business aspect.

This is no excuse.

3 hours ago, Nintari said:

The difference between Axl and Ozzy is Axl writes his own music and doesn't hire professional hit-makers like Ali Tamposi (literally wrote songs for Justin Bieber and Kelly Clarkson) to keep him relevant. Ozzy is everything we all use to lambast. He is a sell out. For some reason, though, like modern Aerosmith, he gets a pass. It's strange.

What??? Tell me which CHI DEM lyrics are as brilliant or unforgettable as the ones in AFD or UYI.

Better to hire someone than to do nothing, and Ozzy can't be compared, he has done amazing since 1995 with at least ten albuns, and GNR with what, one?

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nintari said:

The difference between Axl and Ozzy is Axl writes his own music and doesn't hire professional hit-makers like Ali Tamposi (literally wrote songs for Justin Bieber and Kelly Clarkson) to keep him relevant. Ozzy is everything we all use to lambast. He's what we used to call a sell out. For some reason, though, like modern Aerosmith, he gets a pass. It's strange.

Axl writes his own music, then balls it up and hides it under his mattress so no one will ever find it. Good for him.

Ozzy Osbourne is 73, battling Parkinson's and who knows what else, and has a handful of children and grandchildren. He could give a shite what anyone calls him while he's trying to stay alive and provide for his family.

And Aerosmith?? What year do you think it is? These guys are all in their 70's-  no one is expecting them to trash their suite and then write a hard-edged bluesy shuffle to commemorate the occasion; they're getting used to their new hips, going vegan, and thinking about where they want to find a single-level mansion to relocate to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodzilla72 said:

And Aerosmith?? What year do you think it is? These guys are all in their 70's-  no one is expecting them to trash their suite and then write a hard-edged bluesy shuffle to commemorate the occasion; they're getting used to their new hips, going vegan, and thinking about where they want to find a single-level mansion to relocate to.

All that while still being one of the best live bands around. 

5 hours ago, Nintari said:

Yes Axl writes his own music. Pity he releases so little. And that's not a dig cos I love Axl and all versions of the band. I just wish they'd release more music. We're all here cos we love the crazy redhead and band and want them to do well.

On 11/7/2022 at 1:48 AM, Tom2112 said:

So you think that just touring isn't the music industry and you're not dealing with and negotiating with nefarious creatures... yeah ok🤣

If your theory was correct he would sit at home, not touring AND not releasing music. Unfortunately for your theory he has enjoyed the fruits of the industry quite a bit in the years since CD, making millions and millions touring. And in the last year+ he's let two "new" songs out from his tight grip... meaning he's not opposed to releasing material and operating in the business.

Axl just wants to do everything on his terms.

Axl clearly loves touring the world, visiting other countries and and playing shows.

He clearly does not love working in the studio.

How is this up for debate?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Axl clearly loves touring the world, visiting other countries and and playing shows.

He clearly does not love working in the studio.

How is this up for debate?

cause you have no idea what Axl is thinking or the reasons for his actions, delays, etc. (no offense)

sometimes there are multiple reasons for an outcome or just why people seem to have an unusual set of priorities.

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

cause you have no idea what Axl is thinking or the reasons for his actions, delays, etc. (no offense)

sometimes there are multiple reasons for an outcome or just why people seem to have an unusual set of priorities.

I know for sure that he hasn't been spending much time in recording studios the last 15 years.  

There are plenty of quotes from bumblefoot and Ashba and the rest of them that they wanted to go make an album and it just clearly wasn't going to happen.  Slash is now saying the same.

Don't get me wrong. I would love an album as much as anyone else but all the evidence is there that Axl just has no desire to work on that side of the industry anymore. 

Maybe Im wrong and axl has been hard at work in the studio and has 10 albums ready to go. But if that were the case I don't think the first post reunion release would have been silkworms. 

Until Axl proves me wrong though there is plenty of evidence out there that he just lost desire to write and record albums during the Chinese Democracy process. I'm sorry if you guys don't see that 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 8:54 AM, Nice Boy said:

It’s not that hard to release an album. But when you’re a perfectionist who took a decade to produce your ‘magnum opus’ which then received a pretty critical reception on release, there probably isn’t much appetite (pardon the pun) to just knock out more albums for the sake of being prolific..

Idk for a perfectionist there were lots and lots of flaws with the released version of CD and the demos sounded better 

8 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I know for sure that he hasn't been spending much time in recording studios the last 15 years.  

There are plenty of quotes from bumblefoot and Ashba and the rest of them that they wanted to go make an album and it just clearly wasn't going to happen.  Slash is now saying the same.

Don't get me wrong. I would love an album as much as anyone else but all the evidence is there that Axl just has no desire to work on that side of the industry anymore. 

Maybe Im wrong and axl has been hard at work in the studio and has 10 albums ready to go. But if that were the case I don't think the first post reunion release would have been silkworms. 

Until Axl proves me wrong though there is plenty of evidence out there that he just lost desire to write and record albums during the Chinese Democracy process. I'm sorry if you guys don't see that 

Axl only goes into the studio for cartoon shows not bands. He lives in toon town these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, vloors said:

Idk for a perfectionist there were lots and lots of flaws with the released version of CD and the demos sounded better 

being a perfectionist musician doesn't mean that the product will be perfect when it's finally/eventually released. Oftentimes, it actually fucks with the quality of the product, as is evident in some of the versions of the CD tunes Axl picked for release as part of the album imo.

I think Catcher is a pretty good example, even though I like both versions. The demo sounds like a classic and then he fucked with it and some of the magic was lost cause many perfectionists don't know how to take a step back, recognize the work is done and let go.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

being a perfectionist musician doesn't mean that the product will be perfect when it's finally/eventually released. Oftentimes, it actually fucks with the quality of the product, as is evident in some of the versions of the CD tunes Axl picked for release as part of the album imo.

I think Catcher is a pretty good example, even though I like both versions. The demo sounds like a classic and then he fucked with it and some of the magic was lost cause many perfectionists don't know how to take a step back, recognize the work is done and let go.

On the other hand perfectionists don't release utter garbage like cds scraped or uyis myworld either though.

I feel its more about having too many yes men around him and when someone has balls to say no this doesn't work or this song isn't good enough they get fired.

I agree with original catcher btw and replacing the original artists and rearrangements can destroy the originals chemistry.