SLASH Wants To Record New Full-Length Album With GUNS N' ROSES

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

That would be the perfect outcome. Not impossible actually, but highly unlikely, imo.

And there's the thing, what happens when Axl rejects every single idea from Slash? 

Then we get "It's still five o'clock somewhere.".

They wouldn't need to start from scratch. There is a vault of ideas and Slash riffs from the 1994-96 sessions that Axl liked (although Slash may have used some of those on his later projects, like Fall To Pieces) which I'm sure are better than what Slash has been writing recently. They could try to complete those.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, Nintari said:

The difference between Axl and Ozzy is Axl writes his own music and doesn't hire professional hit-makers like Ali Tamposi (literally wrote songs for Justin Bieber and Kelly Clarkson) to keep him relevant. Ozzy is everything we all use to lambast. He's what we used to call a sell out. For some reason, though, like modern Aerosmith, he gets a pass. It's strange.

Ali is there because she's a regular collborator with Andrew Watt, Ozzy didn't bring her in. Ozzy let Andrew put it all together and I think those 2 albums turned out really well.

• Like 1

SLASH on ‘NEW’ Guns Music, Current Tour, Guitar Collection, The Future Of Slash feat Myles & more.

Great interview..

Slash on Guns'N'Roses

'I mean i want to go in a cut a whole brand new record at some point probably sooner than later..'

'We have stuff that we're still got to come out. So that's going to be coming out piecemeal over the next the next months or something like that..'

'There's a handful of those songs that we did when we were in lock-down, so those have yet to be released.. so those are going to come out they're really good to so i'm excited for those and they're just going to put out like one or two songs and another one or tow songs and i think that's pretty much going to be all of them i'm not sure exactly how many we did in total '

'there's a couple of epic ones (songs) coming coming out so..'

Can't wait! :)

Edited by star

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

This interview is the reason this thread was started 6 pages ago. You literally posted the same interview the thread starter linked in the FIRST post of this thread and why he made it, lol.

My bad :D

Not visited this forum for ages. I just happened to see the YouTube video in question while on YouTube today and share here, spotted the thread title and figured it would fit well. I did check out the OP but not the link to Blabbermouth

To be honest, i don't think there will be another new album worked on from the ground up (i hope i am wrong) 

It takes them forever just to dust off an old track and sort of finish it. I say sort of finish it, as Hard Skool sounded like it needed more work. I picked up Hard Skool on Vinyl, just for keep's sake (it's still sealed) as i can play the track on YouTube

It still bugs me to this day that there is potentially a lot of Buckethead material thet will never see the light of day, as he recorded it while under contract to G'N'R 

Edited by star
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, star said:

To be honest, i don't think there will be another new album worked on from the ground up (i hope i am wrong) 

It takes them forever just to dust off an old track and sort of finish it. I say sort of finish it, as Hard Skool sounded like it needed more work. I picked up Hard Skool on Vinyl, just for keep's sake (it's still sealed) as i can play the track on YouTube

It still bugs me to this they that there is potentially a lot of Buckethead material thet will never see the light of day, as he recorded it while under contract to G'N'R 

Recording a new album is such a basic, common sense thing to do I have to assume there's some reason they haven't done it. Either Axl's creatively bankrupt or he can't sing. There's gotta be some reason why 20 year old demos that already have Axl's voice on them are all they seem to be working with.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, star said:

It still bugs me to this they that there is potentially a lot of Buckethead material thet will never see the light of day, as he recorded it while under contract to G'N'R 

That's the shit that keeps me up at night. I'd love it if they release a bonus or box set containing all of Bucket's GN'R work, with, or without Axl. At least we got a decent amount of the early stuff with Bucket from the Village leaks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That's the shit that keeps me up at night. I'd love it if they release a bonus or box set containing all of Bucket's GN'R work, with, or without Axl. At least we got a decent amount of the early stuff with Bucket from the Village leaks. 

Never gonna happen.

Since Buckethead moved on from (new) G'n'R he has put out a ton of stuff. Too much stuff. I assume what is in the G'n'R vaults will remain in the vaults when it comes to Buckethead

"When Axl and Slash put the live album together and mentioned me only as an “additional musician”, and then they didn’t mention me at all in the Greatest Hits album... that was something that really hurt. I didn’t like that at all. It wasn’t fair. Just so the fans know, I played on almost all Live Era. I'm on almost every song on that album. It’s not fair to put Steven Adler as a member of the band, and put me and Matt as “additional musicians” and pull our pictures from the album. That was an Axl and Slash thing. To me, it made it very cheap."

Gilby on Live era

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5025p30-21-september-1997-november-1999-josh-and-tommy-joins-robin-leaves-live-era-is-released#22718

so sad lol

• Wow 1

On 11/10/2022 at 5:52 PM, Blackstar said:

They wouldn't need to start from scratch. There is a vault of ideas and Slash riffs from the 1994-96 sessions that Axl liked (although Slash may have used some of those on his later projects, like Fall To Pieces) which I'm sure are better than what Slash has been writing recently. They could try to complete those.

This would be kind of like what Van Halen did with A Different Kind of Truth. My question is whether the music would fit with what a 60 year old Axl could do as it was written when he was 32-34. 

6 hours ago, darkside259 said:

"When Axl and Slash put the live album together and mentioned me only as an “additional musician”, and then they didn’t mention me at all in the Greatest Hits album... that was something that really hurt. I didn’t like that at all. It wasn’t fair. Just so the fans know, I played on almost all Live Era. I'm on almost every song on that album. It’s not fair to put Steven Adler as a member of the band, and put me and Matt as “additional musicians” and pull our pictures from the album. That was an Axl and Slash thing. To me, it made it very cheap."

Gilby on Live era

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5025p30-21-september-1997-november-1999-josh-and-tommy-joins-robin-leaves-live-era-is-released#22718

so sad lol

It is what it is. Adler was a founding member while Gilby and Matt were just hired. If they like it or not.

1 hour ago, Mr Mini Mite said:

Agree... And Gilby only rerecorded most of Izzy's guitar on TSI. Matt at least played on UYIs...

To be fair (and exact), only half of the TSI songs Gilby recorded were previously recorded by Izzy. The other half were recorded after Izzy quit. So Gilby recorded 10 TSI songs (5 previously recorded with Izzy and 5 new). The other three songs weren't recorded with either Izzy or Gilby.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Mas é um álbum ao vivo, com shows que Gilby tocou.

The idea of putting Matt as a tambourine player is because of the way Matt left the band, Axl was pissed at him for talking shit about Paul Tobias, Paul Tobias at that point was a member of the band. But Matt shouldn't have been snubbed in Live Era, however Gilby despite taking some songs to Axl in 1994 he didn't do much, besides re-recording Izzy's parts in TSI, and not in the way that Gilby plays, I always thought he was apathetic

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

To be fair (and exact), only half of the TSI songs Gilby recorded were previously recorded by Izzy. The other half were recorded after Izzy quit. So Gilby recorded 10 TSI songs (5 previously recorded with Izzy and 5 new). The other three songs weren't recorded with either Izzy or Gilby.

Do we know which song did Izzy record fo TSI?

2 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

The idea of putting Matt as a tambourine player is because of the way Matt left the band, Axl was pissed at him for talking shit about Paul Tobias, Paul Tobias at that point was a member of the band. But Matt shouldn't have been snubbed in Live Era, however Gilby despite taking some songs to Axl in 1994 he didn't do much, besides re-recording Izzy's parts in TSI, and not in the way that Gilby plays, I always thought he was apathetic

You're still missing the point, he played on those live recordings regardless.