SLASH Wants To Record New Full-Length Album With GUNS N' ROSES

Just now, Legendador said:

To a guy that likes to be creative, work, release record after record, it will, eventually become boring only to tour the same songs for 10 years.

I'm not saying he has reasons to leave right now, but there are patterns and signs that they are becoming bored.

eh,,, with respect, I really don't think so. Slash gets paid and gets to play to huge crowds with Gn'R and Slash will probably record new shit for Axl. If he doesn't, it's not a deal breaker if I had to guess cause the he has Myles and the Conspirators to be creative when he has the time to do so. It's kinda perfect for him, the type of guitar player who cares most about playing live shows and he seems to enjoy both playing to big crowds and Conspirators crowds which are smaller, but dedicated.

he will probably stay in Gn'R until the band is finished.

Led Zeppelin wrote/recorded and released the following in a 35 month span:

LZ I

LZ II

LZ III

LZ IV

Granted they were in their prime, but it shouldn't be that hard for Guns to make even 1 EP.  Axl must truly have nothing left in the old creative tank.   In which case they should  just play every song they have on tour  and mix em up night after night...25 songs a night/take 5-6 out and in each night.      

37 minutes ago, Original said:

Led Zeppelin wrote/recorded and released the following in a 35 month span:

LZ I

LZ II

LZ III

LZ IV

Granted they were in their prime, but it shouldn't be that hard for Guns to make even 1 EP.  Axl must truly have nothing left in the old creative tank.   In which case they should  just play every song they have on tour  and mix em up night after night...25 songs a night/take 5-6 out and in each night.      

yeah but they were Led Zeppelin and it was a different time. They also had a genius in the band. Zeppelin is the exception to the rule in every way. I prefer Gn'R, but masterpieces just seemed to pour out of LZ. Every band and its own personality. 

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

Again, this was said in a far too far past, actually before Chinese Democracy was released.

The mojo is dead and gone ever since.

So you're saying Bumblefoot was interviewed and said Axl never goes to the studio before Chinese was released? The guy that co-edited all the guitar tracks Bumble made between 2006/07…. In a studio. Also DJ, Who wasn't in the band at the time.

I've read far too many gnr interviews I admit... But through that I can almost be positive that the story you're pedalling here has never been spoken by either of these guys in print or on camera while they were in the band. Privately they may say things like this, who knows!

We know that Axl was in the studio in late 2014.

Before that (2010-2014)  the members were just passing on files among themselves (seemingly without Axl being involved) and Ashba submitted his demos. We don't know what Axl was doing on his own (if anything) at that time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

i was gonna say this

Also Led Zeppelin’s output contained a lot of songs that they didn’t write as such, more just reworked old blues tracks. 

reimagined old blues tracks to a degree that it's something else and no other band did it or could do it quite like they did it so I think those pass as Zeppelin tunes as well

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

One thing we need to consider here is that following the announcement of a new GnR album there would be tons of hype surrounding it. The name GnR still carries a lot of weight, and it can't be easy for any artist to deal with this sort of pressure. I know Slash has released a few solo albums, but it's not the same (although there was a lot of hype surrounding the first "Slash" record). Regardless, I'm sure that they'd try their best to deliver. Hopefully one day they'll release new stuff.

Edited by Sonic Reducer

9 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

One thing we need to consider here is that following the announcement of a new GnR album there would be tons of hype surrounding it.

I don't think this has been true for a while, at this point it would have about as much hype as a new Motley Crue album. Hardcore fans would be excited but casual fans wouldn't care. An album from a bunch of 60 year olds simply isn't gonna have tons of hype surrounding it. They squandered all the reunion hype, and the little music they have released has been met with indifference by the general audience. They waited too long to release anything of significance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't think this has been true for a while, at this point it would have about as much hype as a new Motley Crue album. Hardcore fans would be excited but casual fans wouldn't care. An album from a bunch of 60 year olds simply isn't gonna have tons of hype surrounding it. They squandered all the reunion hype, and the little music they have released has been met with indifference by the general audience. They waited too long to release anything of significance.

Depends. I bet the news would be met with more excitement in Europe and Latin America, for example. Maybe not by the general audience, but rock fans would pay attention.

Edited by Sonic Reducer

1 hour ago, Sonic Reducer said:

One thing we need to consider here is that following the announcement of a new GnR album there would be tons of hype surrounding it. The name GnR still carries a lot of weight, and it can't be easy for any artist to deal with this sort of pressure. I know Slash has released a few solo albums, but it's not the same (although there was a lot of hype surrounding the first "Slash" record). Regardless, I'm sure that they'd try their best to deliver. Hopefully one day they'll release new stuff.

There definitely was not a lot of hype for Absurd or Hard Skool. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

Depends. I bet the news would be met with more excitement in Europe and Latin America, for example. Maybe not by the general audience, but rock fans would pay attention.

The hype would definitely be biggest in Latin America, lol. By the general audience, I meant rock fans in general. If they really wanted to capitalize on new music they should've released the CD leftovers 5-6 years ago, but going by the release of Absurd and Hardschool, they don't care about capitalizing on new music.

I don't think they'll ever write a new album, but even if they do, it will be too little too late. It would probably be talked about for a week and then quickly forgotten, like the 2021 singles.

There's also a good chance that a "brand new album" will still be frankensteined CD-era songs that we simply didn't know the titles of... :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

There definitely was not a lot of hype for Absurd or Hard Skool. 

Well you can't say they were really pursuing huge exposure, they basically just opened the car door, chucked it out and kept on driving. No explanation, nothing. Despite their best efforts The release of Absurd definitely got the music world talking, and for a moment there was hype about a potential new album... again when GNR failed to promote Absurd and Hardskool in any meaningful way all the hype was gone. I'll also add that the buzz by the time of the 2nd release was significantly lower, but that was more to do with blowing it spectacularly with releasing Absurd first / at all.

A brand new album however would be a bigger deal. And I guarantee Slash would be out front promoting it, and I'd wager he'd not be happy if the plan was to just record it and "see what happens". I'm sure they have the statistics on how the first two singles did, and I'm sure there was some sort of expected numbers, I would guess  that they still haven't hit those numbers... so a proper album would get a proper release and build in order to get those sweet, sweet first week sales and hype. End of the day it will all depend on how strong that first single is...AND if they actually manage to get in and make this brand new LP.

I like that Slash said that he wants to cut a whole brand new record in this interview and actually used the phrase "sooner than later" lol

maybe after playing so many shows with Guns and what Slash said about saving a couple of riffs in the Gn'R style for a potential future release a while back, that there's a chance there is more ideas Slash came up with for Axl to work on. 

Edited by Rovim

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

I guess I'm dreaming, but never say never.

Slash might get the DJ Ashba treatment where Axl says „yeah yeah that’s great“ and then never does anything with it. I remember when Rick Rubin was listening to some instrumental demo and asked Axl if he had lyrics or a melody and was immediately fired lol.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash might get the DJ Ashba treatment where Axl says „yeah yeah that’s great“ and then never does anything with it. I remember when Rick Rubin was listening to some instrumental demo and asked Axl if he had lyrics or a melody and was immediately fired lol.

also in my dream is the possibility that Slash comes up with like another variation of a SCOM riff like Fall To Pieces or at the caliber of Slither that Axl will love and will make him want to finish a Slash composition and maybe that will lead to a full album with brand new tunes that Axl will actually release someday. Rick fucked around and found out.

Edited by Rovim

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

also in my dream is the possibility that Slash comes up with like another variation of a SCOM riff like Fall To Pieces or at the caliber of Slither that Axl will love and will make him want to finish a Slash composition and maybe that will lead to a full album with brand new tunes that Axl will actually release someday. Rick fucked around and found out.

lol fucked around? He asked if a song had vocals hardly crime of the century 

39 minutes ago, Rovim said:

That would be the perfect outcome. Not impossible actually, but highly unlikely, imo.

And there's the thing, what happens when Axl rejects every single idea from Slash? 

Edited by El Guapo