SLASH Wants To Record New Full-Length Album With GUNS N' ROSES

18 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Someone should really compile a list of every GNR band member of the years saying that they wanted to write a new album or were waiting for a tour to end to write a new album, etc. 

It'd just be 100 pages of 13 years worth of 4tus quotes saying "everyone wants it, it's a case of sitting down and seeing what we have. We all want to do it... We need to work out how to do it..."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

He & Duff will confront Axl with an agreement just before they go onstage for the rights to the bands name. Axl gets sacked and they bring in Steven and his singer. 

Then Axl releases CD2 (without Bumble's or NITL's contributions) and CD3 becomes an EP and tours all with Brain, Bucket, Dizzy, Chris, Tommy, and DJ Ashba (sorry, Robin didn't want to come back) and Tobias agrees to play shows again and help in the studio. 

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Then Axl releases CD2 (without Bumble's or NITL's contributions) and CD3 becomes an EP and tours all with Brain, Bucket, Dizzy, Chris, Tommy, and DJ Ashba (sorry, Robin didn't want to come back) and Tobias agrees to play shows again and help in the studio. 

Do the cornrows and jerseys have a comeback as well?

• Haha 1

Slash saying he ‘wants to record’ is a bit like a dog saying it ‘wants to lick it’s balls’. It’s a given. That’s his default setting. Don’t put too much stock in it being an indicator of anything other than business as usual.

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Nightrain7 said:

They've had six years (including covid down time)...................... Productivity of this band is incredible! but hey as long as the money rolls in from touring...

It's all up to Axl & nobody else. I repeat, nobody else. Covid can't be blamed.

1998-2008 = 10 Years
2008-2016 = 8 Years
2016-2022 = 6 Years
Total = 24 Years

24 years and only one album. It was thanks to Universal's pressure that that one album was released. Sanctuary had almost gone bankrupt because of this.

The fact that some still believe in an eventual new release is amazing. Axl is musically impotent.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

I'm sure this has been discussed in the other thread, but the biggest shock with Slash saying this (to me) was that it means they have done zero recording of new material as a band. And I've always thought this, but I do not see them putting their creative differences aside to do it. I think we can expect drips of new songs here and there until they're all out and then - [shrug] we'll see.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

I'm sure this has been discussed in the other thread, but the biggest shock with Slash saying this (to me) was that it means they have done zero recording of new material as a band. And I've always thought this, but I do not see them putting their creative differences aside to do it. I think we can expect drips of new songs here and there until they're all out and then - [shrug] we'll see.

I agree 100% except are you really shocked "they have done zero new recording as a band"? They've been on tour for the money, Axl wheezes and gasps his way through whatever material he can sort of still handle, and then they all go home to their lives.
I also agree completely r.e. the "new music": they have a handful of (in some cases) 20-plus-year-old recordings that they've been adding more and more layers to and (I guess) plan to release someday. 

3 hours ago, Rodzilla72 said:

I agree 100% except are you really shocked "they have done zero new recording as a band"? They've been on tour for the money, Axl wheezes and gasps his way through whatever material he can sort of still handle, and then they all go home to their lives.
I also agree completely r.e. the "new music": they have a handful of (in some cases) 20-plus-year-old recordings that they've been adding more and more layers to and (I guess) plan to release someday. 

Yeah, honestly, as soon as I posted it I realized "someone is going to flag me for saying 'shocked,'" and honestly no I'm not. A bit surprised because Susan McKagan said they were recording, yada yada yada, but not shocked and I guess she meant this. 

I also think the build up and expectation for a new album is way greater than anything they could possibly meet. There's no way they want to do an album with: Axl's voice limitations, their creative differences, not wanting to risk fighting when a reunion is going well, massive expectations from the public, Axl probably feeling a bit burned from everything that went down with CD, idk. I can't blame them for not wanting to go through with it. 

Edited by BangoSkank
  • Like 1

Slash: We’re gonna make a new album.

Axl (probably): No we’re not, wtf you talking about? Go play silkworms!!

In all seriousness, I’m glad he reiterated that they’re still coming out with more CD leftovers soon, at least, and that they’re at least “hoping” to record. The summer tour he’s talking about is probably gonna be Europe makeup dates, I assume.

i think Axl really don t want to release music that much and only release some singles or maybe reedom old songs or covers, maybe he deso t want to express nothing and personally think is fair enough, when he need to do it he brings things like estranged or twat so is fine, i don t want a dull album, what i don t get is why don t release the old footage stuff or more vault things like demos, i think thats TB fault and axl being indiferent about the fanservice lol

The reason no one around here cares is because we're all like abused lovers. Seen it, heard it, over it etc. When something actually gets released, then we'll care. Until then, it's back to more relevant topics, such as Axl's hair transplant, and whether or not his eye brows fell out as a result of botox, or if he shaved them.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Nintari said:

The reason no one around here cares is because we're all like abused lovers. Seen it, heard it, over it etc. When something actually gets released, then we'll care. Until then, it's back to more relevant topics, such as Axl's hair transplant, and whether or not his eye brows fell out as a result of botox, or if he shaved them.

no one around cares?? man we r in the forum talking about EVRYTHING we r so obsesed with this band is almost STAN situation here, we care a lot thats the problem 

1 hour ago, darkside259 said:

no one around cares?? man we r in the forum talking about EVRYTHING we r so obsesed with this band is almost STAN situation here, we care a lot thats the problem 

Oh, we definitely care. That isn't the problem. The problem is what we care about. You see, twenty-nine years and only one original album takes a toll on a person. And let's not even get into the whole rumored-new-music thing. At this point, the word rumor has become an offensive term and deserves a trigger warning.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 10:54 AM, Nice Boy said:

It’s not that hard to release an album. But when you’re a perfectionist who took a decade to produce your ‘magnum opus’ which then received a pretty critical reception on release, there probably isn’t much appetite (pardon the pun) to just knock out more albums for the sake of being prolific..

I hear that, but don't consider axl a perfectionist anymore...... Listen to Absurd & Hardskool, which of course he sanctioned or else we wouldn't have them. Just assume axl isn't interested anymore, and as sad as it is, it is what it is

Edited by jimisbatman

On 11/3/2022 at 3:55 AM, axlslash said:

Slash wants GNR to record a full album. So do I. Each of our desires have the same 0% chance of coming true, but glad to know Slash has the same unattainable ideal I do.

Well yeah we'd all love an album of brand new material written by the current line up. But I think it'd be quicker for Slash n Duff to add their touch to what's in the vault just to get something out there. Then work on a brand new album.

23 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Yeah, honestly, as soon as I posted it I realized "someone is going to flag me for saying 'shocked,'" and honestly no I'm not. A bit surprised because Susan McKagan said they were recording, yada yada yada, but not shocked and I guess she meant this. 

I also think the build up and expectation for a new album is way greater than anything they could possibly meet. There's no way they want to do an album with: Axl's voice limitations, their creative differences, not wanting to risk fighting when a reunion is going well, massive expectations from the public, Axl probably feeling a bit burned from everything that went down with CD, idk. I can't blame them for not wanting to go through with it. 

Axl studio will sound great, just like Ozzy.  

• Like 1