Axl close to Ashba

On 11/4/2022 at 3:23 AM, rocknroll41 said:

It’s pretty wild how much of a fall from Grace Ashba has had. I used to think he’d be the one to replace Mick Mars in Crue, but even that didn’t turn out to be true?

Is Ashba even doing anything relevant now?

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-dj-ashba-collaborates-with-british-singer-sarah-de-warren-on-cryptonite-single

35 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

He saw a brother in him because they both dressed awfully during that period. Remember when Axl went on Kimmel wearing 4 kilograms of bling? I do.

He was like that during his Axl/DC with Duff 2016 interviews too. They were even noisy when he moved his hands about as he talked. He seemed a little nervous at times during that interview.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:03 AM, Sonic Reducer said:

He saw a brother in him because they both dressed awfully during that period. Remember when Axl went on Kimmel wearing 4 kilograms of bling? I do.

When I watched the Kimmel interview, I remember noticing two things: 1. the bling you mentioned and 2. how nervous and out of his element Axl seemed in a more "general" interview that was not specifically about music (like the Trunk interviews). Axl warmed up, but I think they relied on the "let's pull out items to discuss that Axl's management pre-approved" more than any talk show guest I have ever seen. To be fair though, multiple people texted me after seeing it that night to say he seemed really funny/relatable/charming, so I guess the appearance served its purpose. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

When I watched the Kimmel interview, I remember noticing two things: 1. the bling you mentioned and 2. how nervous and out of his element Axl seemed in a more "general" interview that was not specifically about music (like the Trunk interviews). Axl warmed up, but I think they relied on the "let's pull out items to discuss that Axl's management pre-approved" more than any talk show guest I have ever seen. To be fair though, multiple people texted me after seeing it that night to say he seemed really funny/relatable/charming, so I guess the appearance served its purpose. 

I remember being so excited to see him on Kimmel in 2016 and being so disappointed he never came on. That would've been so awesome. Had my DVR set and everything 

5 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Let's be honest here, most of the new Guns members over the years saw an opportunity for a good paycheck and to increase their own profile. 

I imagine DJ was actually a fan and wanted the best for the band, even if that meant Slash coming back. 

maybe, we don't know. Certainly a great gig to be in Gn'R, but some of the band members from past incarnations were in pretty big bands or were already on the path to success plus I'd like to believe that those who stayed for a decade more or less actually wanted to be a part of it artistically and/or to help Axl out with his goal so I wouldn't say most, maybe some.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 8:51 AM, mikeman5150 said:

Speaking of, is anyone else surprised Nikki Sixx is bringing in John 5 to replace Mick Mars instead of DJ? As much as I wasn’t a fan of DJ in Guns, I really think he would fit well with the Crue and he could definitely handle the riffs. Maybe he and Nikki aren’t on good terms anymore? 

I was really hoping that we would get an opportunity that doesn't happen every day, which is to hear the DJ Ashba/Vince Neil duo live. :awesomeface::dj:

Edited by We love Axl Rose