Erik Gronwall covers You’re Crazy

Erik is the coolest. So humble, with a golden voice and wonderful stage presence.

I've seen him with HEAT several times and was never disappointed. Wonderful studio band, even better live. 

Wishing him the best with Skid Row.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2022 at 12:44 AM, Tom2112 said:

Yeah, the guy can sing like a muthatrucker! Good cover! Only small, small criticism is that the lead guitar playing was a little too precise in parts, the main solo was good just some of the overdubs in between... maybe that's just me though!

I think he is as good as BACH, maybe the better singer for SR after Sebastian, he just need to work on his stage presence. But he's great.

18 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I think he is as good as BACH, maybe the better singer for SR after Sebastian, he just need to work on his stage presence. But he's great.

Yeah his stage performance has a high level of awkwardness, but he is super into it... so if he could dial it back about 30/40% I think you're right. His voice is incredible though, I think you're right that he's right on Sebastian heels. Hopefully there's some good stuff on this new album, I wasn't a fan of the first single

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah his stage performance has a high level of awkwardness, but he is super into it... so if he could dial it back about 30/40% I think you're right. His voice is incredible though, I think you're right that he's right on Sebastian heels. Hopefully there's some good stuff on this new album, I wasn't a fan of the first single

The album sounds a little bit as classic as the first Skid Row record. "Tear It Down" is great! I can hear Bach on it. Too bad he spoiled the whole thing, but Eric is huge in talent, working up a bit he could surpass Bach by a mile.

"Time Bomb" and "When The Lights Come On" reminds me of a cross between Midnight/Tornado with Piece of Me. Very 80's vibe.

Edited by Legendador

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

My only two complains are: why he doesn't write his own songs? Why stick on Covers? and why these weird moves? A little over to much. And it does look like he is lip syncing to his own track.

For my ears: Amazing studio voice :-) 

Actually I think this is a Marketing choice, cover versions like he does tend to go viral, and then he also can be easily compared to greatest rockers out there.

About the moves, YEP, he could work on that, but the best thing is, he burying the feeling thaa only Sebastian Bach could do the job.

2 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

My only two complains are: why he doesn't write his own songs? Why stick on Covers? and why these weird moves? A little over to much. And it does look like he is lip syncing to his own track.

For my ears: Amazing studio voice :-) 

Have you listened to his H.e.a.t albums? Not claiming he wrote any of the songs, but at least they are not covers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

The album sounds a little bit as classic as the first Skid Row record. "Tear It Down" is great! I can hear Bach on it. Too bad he spoiled the whole thing, but Eric is huge in talent, working up a bit he could surpass Bach by a mile.

"Time Bomb" and "When The Lights Come On" reminds me of a cross between Midnight/Tornado with Piece of Me. Very 80's vibe.

I'll have to give it a listen, the guitar players were always shit hot and the singer is on point vocally. Probably will come down to the lyrics on this one!

*after listening to it. It's basically fine, but to me the biggest issue is sounds kinda stale. Could be one of their early albums remixed/mastered in spots and that's ok for some people but it's not 1985 anymore. There are two proper stompers on there though 'Nowhere fast' and 'World on fire'... personally I would have ditched the the other 8 and tried to match the quality of these two.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1