You time travel to 1985. What would you warn Guns N'Roses about? πŸ€”πŸ˜€

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Having no drummer or pre-recorded drumming playing from a tape is an awful idea. But I agree they should've done a suspension/forced rehab with Steven instead of being as final as they were, especially considering they themselves are a bunch of addicts too.

They did, he was put on probation.Β 

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Having no drummer or pre-recorded drumming playing from a tape is an awful idea. But I agree they should've done a suspension/forced rehab with Steven instead of being as final as they were, especially considering they themselves are a bunch of addicts too.

Addicts they may have been, but at least they were semi or mostly functioning addicts. It sounds like Steven could barely handle Civil War in the studio, and that they needed to heavily edit and paste takes together to get a usable take. Keeping him on would have delayed things further, assuming he could record at all after any help.

On 1/5/2023 at 12:08 PM, SoulMonster said:

Why do you think Duff and Slash has barely wanted anything to do with Steven then in all these years? Never have they chosen Steven as the drummer for any of their many projects, all he got was one track on one of Slash's solo records.

I will tell you why: Because Steven has been an unreliable fucked up addict. And that's the main reason why he was kicked out of the band and why he isn't in the band today.

Totally agree. Someone above mentioned "a sober Steven". Sadly, a sober Steven is a Steven that's probably about to relapse.