You time travel to 1985. What would you warn Guns N'Roses about? πŸ€”πŸ˜€

I'd tell them that fame is fleeting and they'd only be on top for a short time, so make the most of it. I'd warn them that hard rock music has a gradual decline in popularity after 1991 and that by 1997 there'd only be one of them left in the band, but I wouldn't tell them which member it is. Hopefully with that information they'd move carefully and try to do more before their popularity faded in the mid-90s.Β 

Edited by History2010
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

I would warn Axl about not taking control of the name and to not let the leeches around him drive him and his band members apart.Β 

Well, in Axl's defense, he is literally half the band, name wise. 😏 It wasn't a huge leap he'd take control of the name, considering he's the Rose in Guns N'Roses. 😏

29 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

I’d warn Steven of all he would lose by his drug addictionΒ 

Steven's drug addiction needing to be warned about is my sentiment too. I mentioned his drug addiction in my first post on this topic. Steven should never have gotten addicted to drugs. 😩😬

Edited by Karice

1 hour ago, Karice said:

Well, in Axl's defense, he is literally half the band, name wise. 😏 It wasn't a huge leap he'd take control of the name, considering he's the Rose in Guns N'Roses. 😏

😩😬

He's not

1 hour ago, Karice said:

😏

Steven's drug addiction needing to be warned about is my sentiment too. I mentioned his drug addiction in my first post on this topic. Steven should never have gotten addicted to drugs. 😩😬

Β 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

On 1/2/2023 at 3:29 AM, BucketEgg said:

Try and assign them missions of saving nearby people from death e.g. Todd Crew, Shannon Hoon, telling Duff to stay with Kurt Cobain when they met

Β 

not sure if it will go well. might mess up the GnR members mentally if they were assigned a mission, and they prevented a death on a specific day, but then it happens anyway on a later date. well, at least they tried...

Β 

Courtney would have just killed him a few days later than she did originally

• Haha 2

On 1/2/2023 at 4:56 AM, Karice said:

Guns N'Roses formed in 1985. Let's say you time travel to 1985 when you seeΒ  Guns N'Roses, a huge superstar Band in the making. What would you warn them about? πŸ˜€ I would warn Steven Adler to not get addicted to drugs. πŸ˜€ What would you warn 1985 Guns N'Roses about if you time traveled to 1985? πŸ˜€πŸ€”

I would warn Axl about procrastination AND don't reneg on any slash comments about "not in this lifetime". And that Buckethead is eternal, never lose faith in him.

10 hours ago, Nintari said:

I see the idea of the thread had gotten attacked by the usual band of hate-everything posters.

It was a creative and interesting idea.

And even it wasn't, try being polite for once in your lives.

Thanks for the warm words! πŸ˜€ But I do have to wonder if the ragging and dragging I am getting in this thread is because I started it. I remember in at least one thread I started, Posters were ragging and dragging it and Posters admitted it was a good thread and they were just about to post positive posts in it until they saw that I started it and ragged and dragged the thread instead. They admitted had anyone else started the thread they would have responded positively. Multiple Posters were like,"I thought I was the only one who thought it was a good thread and was just about to post positively in it until I saw it was a Karice thread and ragged and dragged it instead, but would have posted positively in it if anyone else started that thread."

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

I'm pretty sure he was told that but Axl was being Axl.

Yeah, imagine trying to warn Axl or tell him about anything, especially in the 90s, and expect him to listen to you.

Really, if GNR was going to be what they were/are, all the 'mistakes' needed to happen - otherwise we wouldn't have the music and that band that the legacy now provides.Β 

• Like 1

Tell Slash: "You never quit"- just as Keith Richards eventually does/did (turning into a Terminator mindbender!) in 1994.

I believe Slash claimed somewhere (in his book?) he would have been willing to "hang through a few industrial records" in the late 90s. Would be interesting to have seen that tested (assumedly w/Finck or someone as co-lead), with the band presumably moving back to a more classic style in the mid 2000s.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2023 at 4:56 PM, Karice said:

Guns N'Roses formed in 1985. Let's say you time travel to 1985 when you seeΒ  Guns N'Roses, a huge superstar Band in the making. What would you warn them about? πŸ˜€ I would warn Steven Adler to not get addicted to drugs. πŸ˜€ What would you warn 1985 Guns N'Roses about if you time traveled to 1985? πŸ˜€πŸ€”

Team Brazil being a bunch of useless leeches.Β 

And maybe climate change.Β 

Edited by username

I’d say, you’ll pull a reverse Black Sabbath at some point, you’ll be like Deep Purple and others with a changing lineup but everyone wants to just hear the hits. Get more hits recorded, if you leave, leave, but keep it civil, do your own thing and reunite. You’ll become a pastiche and a parody otherwise.

19 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Don't release One in a Million. It won't go down well and certainly won't age well

In a parallel universe they replaced it with Cornshucker as album closer. No joke, I always had a feeling if they did that, this song would enjoy legendary status in GNRs catalogue and would be one of those "we have to play it every gig" type songs lol. Catchy groove and always cracks people up when I play it.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

In a parallel universe they replaced it with Cornshucker as album closer. No joke, I always had a feeling if they did that, this song would enjoy legendary status in GNRs catalogue and would be one of those "we have to play it every gig" type songs lol. Catchy groove and always cracks people up when I play it.

Yeah and then would’ve been retired after #metooΒ 

Β 

I’d warn that idiot Steven to stay away from H, and explain he’ll be destined to a life of GNR tribute bands and humiliating reality tv if he doesn’t.

I’d also sit Axl down and explain to be like his heroes Queen, he actually has to release music.Β 

I’d also maybe tell slash just to have a go at playing Axl’s industrial shit in the 90s. Who knows, If they knocked one album out in that style, might’ve eventually have circled back to classic rock. No one ever needed to hear Snakepit. No one.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Yeah and then would’ve been retired after #metooΒ 

Β 

I’d warn that idiot Steven to stay away from H, and explain he’ll be destined to a life of GNR tribute bands and humiliating reality tv if he doesn’t.

I’d also sit Axl down and explain to be like his heroes Queen, he actually has to release music.Β 

I’d also maybe tell slash just to have a go at playing Axl’s industrial shit in the 90s. Who knows, If they knocked one album out in that style, might’ve eventually have circled back to classic rock. No one ever needed to hear Snakepit. No one.

Hmm. Lots of GNR Fans like Snakepit. πŸ€”

Β 

I agree with you that Steven should have stayed away from Heroin. He might have STILL been a full fledged GNR Member to this day had he not gotten addicted to Heroin. Steven is the only one who got fired from the Band for being a Heroin Addict. Slash, Duff and Izzy all left on their own, although Duff and Slash came back and are currently still in the band and Izzy would come back if he gets equal pay to Duff and Slash (Axl makes more than Slash and Duff due to being the Cofounder and chief owner of the Guns N'Roses name among other things).

• Like 1