You time travel to 1985. What would you warn Guns N'Roses about? πŸ€”πŸ˜€

6 hours ago, Karice said:

Hmm. Lots of GNR Fans like Snakepit. πŸ€”

Β 

I agree with you that Steven should have stayed away from Heroin. He might have STILL been a full fledged GNR Member to this day had he not gotten addicted to Heroin. Steven is the only one who got fired from the Band for being a Heroin Addict. Slash, Duff and Izzy all left on their own, although Duff and Slash came back and are currently still in the band and Izzy would come back if he gets equal pay to Duff and Slash (Axl makes more than Slash and Duff due to being the Cofounder and chief owner of the Guns N'Roses name among other things).

Wait.. Duff and Slash came back and are still in the band?? For real? 😯😦😧

On 1/3/2023 at 11:20 PM, invisible_rose said:

Yeah, imagine trying to warn Axl or tell him about anything, especially in the 90s, and expect him to listen to you.

Really, if GNR was going to be what they were/are, all the 'mistakes' needed to happen - otherwise we wouldn't have the music and that band that the legacy now provides.Β 

Warn Axl about Yoda and the other space cadets he chose to listen to instead of his bandmates.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Karice said:

I was just stating that Steven might have STILL been in the band to this day like Slash, Duff and Axl are to this day if he hadn't gotten addicted to Heroin. Steven's a sad case really.Β 

Steven isnt in the band because Axl hates him, his personality and his mother. Axl likes Frank.

No other reasons.

I am sure duff and slash would have welcomed a sober steven back with open arms.

6 hours ago, vloors said:

Steven isnt in the band because Axl hates him, his personality and his mother. Axl likes Frank.

No other reasons.

I am sure duff and slash would have welcomed a sober steven back with open arms.

Hmm. According to Steven, Axl was the only one who visited him in the hospital when he had an overdose. Apparently Steven overdosed and woke up to see Axl crying at his bedside. Slash, Duff and Izzy were at some musical function iirc.

Edited by Karice

I would tell them that during the 90's The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Skynet launches its missiles against the targets in Russia., because it knows the Russian counter-attack will eliminate its enemies over here.Β There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

I would tell them that during the 90's The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Skynet launches its missiles against the targets in Russia., because it knows the Russian counter-attack will eliminate its enemies over here.Β There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.

But then you'd alter the future cause they wouldn't have released YCBM, and therefore John Connor couldn't have listened to it, his whole puberty would have been different and... now that I think about it, you would have probably changed the future by this. Congrats!Β 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, vloors said:

No other reasons.

Why do you think Duff and Slash has barely wanted anything to do with Steven then in all these years? Never have they chosen Steven as the drummer for any of their many projects, all he got was one track on one of Slash's solo records.

I will tell you why: Because Steven has been an unreliable fucked up addict. And that's the main reason why he was kicked out of the band and why he isn't in the band today.

• Like 2

If they did a true reunion, Adler and Sorum, Izzy & Gilby would have to be involved to some extent. This is like a Frankenstein β€œband”. In all honestly, why is Melissa needed? Please don’t say she has excellent backing vocals.Β 

Edited by Trin9498

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

all he got was one track on one of Slash's solo records.

While I agree with what you're saying, in fairness Duff and Izzy only got one track each too (Duff being the only one of the three officially 'featured'), and Matt and Gilby got nothing.

That one's probably got more to do with wanting variety/not wanting to be compared to GN'R. I mean, he said the reason for going with Chris Chaney was simply "I didn't want to use Duff" so I imagine it'd be the same with Steven.

On a side note: I always found it funny that the main drummer on that record was the first drummer of Axl's Guns N' Roses...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

While I agree with what you're saying, in fairness Duff and Izzy only got one track each too (Duff being the only one of the three officially 'featured'), and Matt and Gilby got nothing.

That one's probably got more to do with wanting variety/not wanting to be compared to GN'R. I mean, he said the reason for going with Chris Chaney was simply "I didn't want to use Duff" so I imagine it'd be the same with Steven.

On a side note: I always found it funny that the main drummer on that record was the first drummer of Axl's Guns N' Roses...

But Slash and Duff have worked together in other constellations, primarily Velvet Revolver, and Duff and Izzy have collaborated extensively, while Izzy and Slash have recorded together too and also worked on The Project together. Steven is the odd man out here.Β 

On 1/3/2023 at 11:45 PM, Billy Cundy said:

Yeah and then would’ve been retired after #metooΒ 

Need I remind you GNR already has songs with lyrics like "turn around bitch I got a use for you" and songs like Back Off Bitch in their catalogue haha.

Not to mention joke songs don't get retired from "#metoo", Steel Panther has songs like 17 Girls In A Row and Gold Digging Whore and they're still selling out arenas, no one gives a shit.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Need I remind you GNR already has songs with lyrics like "turn around bitch I got a use for you" and songs like Back Off Bitch in their catalogue haha.

Not to mention joke songs don't get retired from "#metoo", Steel Panther has songs like 17 Girls In A Row and Gold Digging Whore and they're still selling out arenas, no one gives a shit.

Correct, no one gives a shit about Steel Panther, which also explains why they are safe from #metoo.

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Correct, no one gives a shit about Steel Panther, which also explains why they are safe from #metoo.

Umm..don’t you think it’s rather pathetic to criticise someone while they’re out there having bought mansions for a house by making a living having multiple women with their boobs out on stage every night they play, while you are ..spending time in life writing hate posts about those people on a message board?
Β 

And bold claim I know, but it’sΒ pretty sureΒ more people give a shit about those peopleΒ than people exist that give a shit about you, lol. Makes you think about life a bit, I hope.:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Umm..don’t you think it’s rather pathetic to criticise someone while they’re out there having bought mansions for a house by making a living having multiple women with their boobs out on stage every night they play, while you are ..spending time in life writing hate posts about those people on a message board?
Β 

And bold claim I know, but I’mΒ pretty sureΒ more people give a shit about those peopleΒ than people exist that give a shit about you, lol. Makes you think about life a bit, I hope.:lol:

I neither criticized them or wrote a hate post about them. I simply explained that they can get away with misogynistic lyrics (albeit clearly humorous) because they are artistic nobodies. Their miniature stature in the world of music and entertainment means that, even if they say something vile which is not clearly meant ironic, no one except their few fans will notice and these fans are not likely to be affronted anyway because they are mostly pimply teenagers of all ages.Β 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'd tell them to just say no to drugs, focus on making lots of albums and to stop 9/11.

About drugs, I wonder what would have happened if GNR had temporarily suspended Steven from GNR like for a month and sent him to forced Rehab and just did GNR with no drummer out of respect for Steven not being able to play due to being temporarily suspended from GNR and being in Rehab? I mean, they still would have had three guitarists and a Singer. Hell, they could have still incorporated Steven's drumming, just have his prerecorded drumming playing while Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff play live. πŸ€”

58 minutes ago, Karice said:

About drugs, I wonder what would have happened if GNR had temporarily suspended Steven from GNR like for a month and sent him to forced Rehab and just did GNR with no drummer out of respect for Steven not being able to play due to being temporarily suspended from GNR and being in Rehab? I mean, they still would have had three guitarists and a Singer. Hell, they could have still incorporated Steven's drumming, just have his prerecorded drumming playing while Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff play live. πŸ€”

Tbh I think you’re becoming less of an Axl fan girl and more of a Steven fan girl with all this Steven talk…

popcorn fan fiction soon? πŸ˜…

1 hour ago, DustNBones1990 said:

Tbh I think you’re becoming less of an Axl fan girl and more of a Steven fan girl with all this Steven talk…

popcorn fan fiction soon? πŸ˜…

Technically, Billy in my Fictional Axl Rose story is like Steven. Sweet, kind, adorable, happy , blonde, blue eye drummer who unfortunately became a drug addict. Billy and Steven have a lot of the same qualities.Β 

Edited by Karice