The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I actually love OMG. I wish the whole album sounded like that.  I think it's a great industrial rocker.  And Axl's voice on it is great.

This article from September 1999 is fascinating knowing how everything played out  lol 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/good-god-guns-255073/

The funniest part about that article is when the writer says this will help hold over the fans until the full album is released next summer lol. If only he knew it would be 9 fucking years. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, General2112 said:

I wonder if they’ll play Perhaps live first like they did Absurd and then just drop The General a month later and then play it like they did for Hard Skool 

I hope not seeing as that absolutely flopped. Hopefully they do it properly. release it to radio with a big campaign, release a proper music video, do a countdown to a release and push it hard on their socials and play it at all gigs. The absurd and HS release were shockingly bad botch jobs. 

If The General is released without leaking it will be the first song since i think scraped that will have come out without being leaked in some form, not including the Ccll phone clip

2 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If The General is released without leaking it will be the first song since i think scraped that will have come out without being leaked in some form, not including the Ccll phone clip

This I Love also never leaked either, no? Either way, for a Chi Dem era GNR track to go the distance to eventual release without leaking is an extremely rare thing, no doubt. 

12 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

It is now very clear to me that The General never leaked and was never in possession of hoarders. It would have been leaked at this point.

It was hoarded and leaked. It was just only 2 minutes and horrible quality

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

This I Love & If the world? Didn’t think those leaked prior to release of CD as well.? 

1 minute ago, Nick85 said:

This I Love also never leaked either, no? Either way, for a Chi Dem era GNR track to go the distance to eventual release without leaking is an extremely rare thing, no doubt. 

Scraped, Sorry, and This I Love weren’t leaked until like the week of the album. Which doesn’t count

When they were first leaked that week they had like a horrible cracking sound through each song :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nick85 said:

Yeah I believe your right. It wasn't part of the Skwerl stuff anyway. Obviously i'm not including the Brain Remix which leaked later

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

The cellphone clip, how do we know its the real deal? and if it is, how do we know it was The General?

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I hope not seeing as that absolutely flopped. Hopefully they do it properly. release it to radio with a big campaign, release a proper music video, do a countdown to a release and push it hard on their socials and play it at all gigs. The absurd and HS release were shockingly bad botch jobs. 

Maybe release songs that would catch on with the public also.  No media blitz in the world would make anyone click twice on Absurd.

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos

2 minutes ago, Thood9 said:

This I Love & If the world? Didn’t think those leaked prior to release of CD as well.? 

If The World leaked earlier that year or the year before with Prostitute. Shackler’s also leaked as “Chicken Dinner” shortly before its release with Rock Band. It was technically the first song of the album officially released

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Thood9 said:

If the world did i remember having that around 06

Just now, Russel Nash said:

The cellphone clip, how do we know its the real deal? and if it is, how do we know it was The General?

Long story but it is 100% real and The General

Gist of it is, it matches and contains pieces of the orchestra intro theyd play before 2006 shows that Axl said was The General

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It was hoarded and leaked. It was just only 2 minutes and horrible quality

There's a good Evader remix on YT (7:25), and the stuff that starts at about 2:40 is already better than all those 5 "new" songs from the Village combined! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh I'd love a live album. Always like live albums a lot, they're sounding good at the moment, so I'd definitely like it......as long as it doesn't come at the expense of anything else of course. 

a live album of songs Ive heard 102745 times?  No thanks!  Thats  just laziness

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Long story but it is 100% real and The General

Gist of it is, it matches and contains pieces of the orchestra intro theyd play before 2006 shows that Axl said was The General

I was there, the cellphone clip was after that statement right? That's not enough proof for me, as there have been many attempts in the underworld to fabricate songs based on common knowledge.

Just now, Russel Nash said:

I was there, the cellphone clip was after that statement right? That's not enough proof for me, as there have been many attempts in the underworld to fabricate songs based on common knowledge.

Ok that’s nice