The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I think they just mean the single and they put "album" in the trailer by mistake. That's what it says in the post the trailer is from:

https://pearlmedia.com/projects/lv-gateway-guns-n-roses/

Crazy how no matter which company GNR choose to work with, it's always the same low rent, amateurish shit across the board.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s probably referring to the Perhaps EP right?

1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

Surely must mean the Perhaps EP…

A 2 song EP?

laugh-crying-laughing.gif

Since some people apparently don't know what an EP is:

An extended play (EP) is a musical recording that contains more tracks than a single but fewer than an album or LP record. Contemporary EPs generally contain four to five tracks, and are considered "less expensive and time-consuming" for an artist to produce than an album.

10 hours ago, Slugworth said:

A 2 song EP?

laugh-crying-laughing.gif

Since some people apparently don't know what an EP is:

An extended play (EP) is a musical recording that contains more tracks than a single but fewer than an album or LP record. Contemporary EPs generally contain four to five tracks, and are considered "less expensive and time-consuming" for an artist to produce than an album.

Haha thank you for the definition - fully aware of what an EP is!

Don't think marketing execs would be too happy with advertising it as "New GN'R 2-song EP" when trying to sell something, so rather than getting too bogged down with the definition of an EP, think of what would sell more.

I would love a surprise GN'R album as much as the next person on this board but can't see it coming any time soon.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Of course this happens right after I leave Vegas 😂 

It is still odd they are holding off on additional physical releases for the Perhaps and The General outside of vinyl… something is a brewing. 

Maybe, but I don’t think this (likely wording error) is an indication that a covert LP titled “Perhaps” is coming.

…Though I do think the Perhaps single art would make a great album cover too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Of course this happens right after I leave Vegas 😂 

It is still odd they are holding off on additional physical releases for the Perhaps and The General outside of vinyl… something is a brewing. 

The only thing that makes me think more could potentially be coming is Axl and Slash visiting that studio in June to listen to “mixes”. Now that could have been just Perhaps and the General. But it seemed like the studio technicians implied it was more. 

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1

They will release a 'Best Of' 2 disc set. They will include the 6 songs they released this past year, along with 2 more new songs. The rest will be from the studio albums. 

Maybe they will have an EP for RSD that has the 6 (or by then 8) new songs all together in one package. 

If you're the label, you're not taking an album of Chinese Leftovers that people have already heard. Nobody wants those. A Greatest Hits type album with a few new songs will sell a lot better. 

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 2

11 hours ago, Chuzeville said:

Imagine having Absurd on a best of album!

That's easy to imagine because we now have Hard School on a condensed Greatest Hits LP. Not just a greatest hits album but it's condensed! That's where you pick the cream of the crop yet it still wound up on there.

They could easily release another limited edition vinyl that has Absurd in place of Hard School.