08/11/23 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

downzy

16 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

That was a pretty fun show!

Anyways, can we all return to having another meltdown in the other thread again? :awesomeface:

Haha this was like the fun half time show intermission from that! Thank god it was good'un

17 hours ago, diablo9333 said:

I wouldn't mind that at all. It's my birthday. :lol: I remember August 22nd 2015 was when the news broke that Axl and Slash were friends again. That was a good day. 

Thats why 22 was yelled then...yea that'll be it! Perhaps 22nd folks!

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah, Axl said he didn't really like that song and it was never even played during the UYI tour. Now that I heard that last night, Think About You is the final song off of Appetite that I haven't heard live yet.

He said that last night? So they're playing it now cause? He's changed his mind? Ya, '88 was last time played before June this year!

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Probably. They forgot to play Brownstone at another show.

They even skipped KOHD at one show.

It could be nothing.  It could be something.  AT one point during the show - maybe after Rocket Queen - it looked like songs were thrown out and vetoed by Axl.  It looked like Frank said something and Axl shook his head.  It look like Duff said something and Axl shook his head.  No idea what happened except Frank and maybe others nodded, and Axl said "no".

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gnr1967 said:

North American Litho photo

I'm not sure how best to upload the photo but hopefully this works.  This is the first time I've seen a general tour litho.  Unfortunately I got a small tear at the bottom - I was in the pit and it was hard trying to protect it.  But it should still be good for framing and is still in pretty great condition.

Here's the Hershey 2023 litho:

Hershey 2023 litho

How much was the tour litho?

1 hour ago, powderkeg said:

I was there seeing my first Guns concert since 2007. I feel so lucky because in my opinion they killed it. You can tell that Axl is learning to use the voice he has now in new ways. On the low end he's getting incredible drive, and he's able to add rasp in lots of places. There weren't any parts that I thought he sounded like Mickey. In general it seemed like he really enjoys being a showman. Melissa's contribution is subtle but in my opinion it adds a lot. Another cool part was the piano chords that Dizzy played before the solos in Rocket Queen. They helped me to hear the solos in a new way. I appreciate what this band is doing for music. I'm debating going to see them again on Friday in Pittsburgh because I'll be in the area.

Do you, you won’t be disappointed! Tix are very reasonable!

I'm one of those ppl who think Axl should sing lower whenever possible, but what the ever fuck, I just checked out Nightrain from this show and I burst out laughing when I heard him sing "Tonight" at 5:26:

I had to check out other uploaded videos to see if it was real lol (it is).

It's making me laugh every single time.

56 minutes ago, El Nono Pololo said:

I'm one of those ppl who think Axl should sing lower whenever possible, but what the ever fuck, I just checked out Nightrain from this show and I burst out laughing when I heard him sing "Tonight" at 5:26:

I had to check out other uploaded videos to see if it was real lol (it is).

It's making me laugh every single time.

Yeah, I noticed that too and mentioned it a couple of pages back. :lol:Yeah, it was funny that he did that, but I think it was impressive, too.