06/05/23 - Tel Aviv, IL - Hayarkon Park

downzy

3 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

She walked over on the Instagram video and told her to stop filming 😂 That’s what it looked like anyway, think she was joking 

I don't think she was joking lol, does make me wonder if Beta doesn't want the first performance of a new song streamed. Hopeful thinking but it crossed my mind

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Watch them play Perhaps and there’s no footage of it…

nah vids will apear on youtube in next 48 hours of it if they do

Just now, Shacklermyrye said:

I don't think she was joking lol, does make me wonder if Beta doesn't want the first performance of a new song streamed. Hopeful thinking but it crossed my mind

Any decent recording will come from the audience anyways. If GNR were smart they would record it and blast it on socials right after its played.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AtlasShrugged said:

There are Axl vocals on the soundcheck but I think it's just the secondary vocals on the chorus. Pretty sure they have done this with the song Chinese Democracy in the past -- the studio backing vocal to back up the main vocal line he'll be singing.

You're thinking of Shaklers Revenge. The trickery was very noticeable on that track. Hopefully they play it again....

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

What's the music in the intro video? Swear to god I heard some of the old orchestra intro from the General ala 2006 to 11 intro music. Might just be my ears playing tricks on me!

I had the same thought :headbang: scary sounding strings

Edited by Shacklermyrye

33 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No Axl there, which means we probably won’t get it tonight. They’re still “warming it up,” just like they soundchecked HS a bunch of times without Axl before finally doing it for real.

There's not really a precedent though. Absurd came out of nowhere, Hard Skool was openly soundchecked. There's no set template for these things

2 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

There's not really a precedent though. Absurd came out of nowhere, Hard Skool was openly soundchecked. There's no set template for these things

Agreed. Was Axl at the soundcheck before the Abu Dhabi show? 

Either way, he had clearly practised the new songs added to the set prior to this tour starting so Soundcheck likely not the first time a song has been played by the band.. for a change!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

They soundchecked absurd with Axl in the middle of the night at Hershey tho. That said, you’re right that they never soundchecked HS with Axl apart from that one time way back in early 2020 (before the apocalypse).