Can we talk about ticket prices?

1 hour ago, username said:

Seriously, who the FUCK buys this shit? 

By the looks of it…… not many people. VIP sales for LN shows/Tours close out 30-45 days before the show, and any unsold VIP inventory gets dumped to regular sales ..

or Platinum first to try to get extra $$, And if/when that doesn’t sell 3-4 days out it goes to regular… they then do a massive price drop (below face) just to get people in so they then spend $$ on toy trucks and tshirt!

On 3/1/2023 at 2:54 PM, IzzysMissy said:

By the looks of it…… not many people. VIP sales for LN shows/Tours close out 30-45 days before the show, and any unsold VIP inventory gets dumped to regular sales ..

or Platinum first to try to get extra $$, And if/when that doesn’t sell 3-4 days out it goes to regular… they then do a massive price drop (below face) just to get people in so they then spend $$ on toy trucks and tshirt!

When does the massive price drop happen?  That's what I'm holding out for.  I feel like I've seen notable price drops weeks before the shows depending on how they're selling.  Are these drops heavier than that?

11 hours ago, WAR41 said:

When does the massive price drop happen?  That's what I'm holding out for.  I feel like I've seen notable price drops weeks before the shows depending on how they're selling.  Are these drops heavier than that?

It’s prob going to depend on what the overall seating chart looks like at each specific venue. Say 800 of 1000 seats in sections X/Y/Z are unsold a few weeks before a show at $450 a piece. You can’t have that many empty seats in sections next to one another, it looks stupid. So they will lower those seats first.

They will also, without a doubt as this is SOP with tours, open seats after load in happens and they see where the site lines are on the sections closest to the stage.. ESPECIALLY with stadium tours! 

Good luck, I won’t be lookin at all until a day or 2 before whatever show I think about going to, and for THIS tour I have myself a HARD $50 limit.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IzzysMissy said:

It’s prob going to depend on what the overall seating chart looks like at each specific venue. Say 800 of 1000 seats in sections X/Y/Z are unsold a few weeks before a show at $450 a piece. You can’t have that many empty seats in sections next to one another, it looks stupid. So they will lower those seats first.

They will also, without a doubt as this is SOP with tours, open seats after load in happens and they see where the site lines are on the sections closest to the stage.. ESPECIALLY with stadium tours! 

Good luck, I won’t be lookin at all until a day or 2 before whatever show I think about going to, and for THIS tour I have myself a HARD $50 limit.

So would you say it's much more likely to see actual seats plummet in price rather than GA?

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

So would you say it's much more likely to see actual seats plummet in price rather than GA?

I got pit for $60 for Detroit and Chicago last tour. Detroit dropped a few days before the show and I believe Chicago was about a week before. I could be off a day or two on that one. 

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward price drops on this kind of VIP cash grabs nonsense in Europe. If i see it for Paris i would buy it just for fun. And complimentary wine of course. 😎

Funny for other smaller artists I was able to attend soundcheck, get a pic with the artist, get exclusive signed merch, a front seat at the Paradiso Amsterdam (2 seats balcony, if you know what I'm saying) for around 100$.

Didnt get complimentary wine though. Oh well. 😅

10 hours ago, WillBailey said:

I'm really looking forward price drops on this kind of VIP cash grabs nonsense in Europe. If i see it for Paris i would buy it just for fun. And complimentary wine of course. 😎

Funny for other smaller artists I was able to attend soundcheck, get a pic with the artist, get exclusive signed merch, a front seat at the Paradiso Amsterdam (2 seats balcony, if you know what I'm saying) for around 100$.

Didnt get complimentary wine though. Oh well. 😅

Even SMKC, I got to meet Slash, he signed 2 of my books(his autobiography and Marc Canter’s) for $100. Aerosmith too!

• Like 1