06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

If it is true that BBC2 will start at 22:00 for GNR on the links in the first post, then here is a countdown timer for when GNR will be live on BBC2:

Countdown Timer – Countdown to Jun 24, 2023 10:00 pm in London, England (timeanddate.com)

(couldn't get the site to recognize Pilton, so just chose London when creating the countdown)

Edited by VeeR

6 minutes ago, axlsflannel said:

Do we know if anyone from the board is at Glasto? I have a few close friends there who 'like' GN'R and will be watching them live tonight... I really hope they love them by the end of it! 

My daughter is there. But fat chance of getting any info as she’s neck deep in fun. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, axlsflannel said:

Do we know if anyone from the board is at Glasto? I have a few close friends there who 'like' GN'R and will be watching them live tonight... I really hope they love them by the end of it! 

I'm not aware of anyone who has tickets. Maybe check the first couple of pages of the thread to see if anyone said they were going.

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

My daughter is there. But fat chance of getting any info as she’s neck deep in fun. 

Quite right too. :lol:

Did you ask her to buy merch?

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I'm not aware of anyone who has tickets. Maybe check the first couple of pages of the thread to see if anyone said they were going.

Quite right too. :lol:

Did you ask her to buy merch?

Of course.  She’s already got me some t-shirts 😁

• GNFNR 1

Excited now.

I think for UK and Ireland, the difference in Glastonbury to other UK festivals etc is that this puts Guns back into the mainstream, which they haven't been in the same way for decades. Yes they have toured and are still talked about among music fans but this is vastly, vastly different.

The full coverage on the BBC is the main part of this. Everyone from work colleagues, to friends to family will probably see parts of the performance.

That's never the case for any other show here. In ways it is exciting, has huge potential, is something many of us have wanted to see for so long.

It also brings pressures - we care about the band, we want to see them put in a fine performance and to be well-received.

If they aren't it'll make minimal difference in the long run.. but you can be sure whatever happens there will be a lot of noise around it.

PS Just stuck on the Arctic Monkeys - I really like them but they just don't have the energy they once had. The set so far hasn't been well arranged unfortunately. That is a problem GN'R face. I would nearly go back to the old WTTJ, ISE, Brownstone, Live and Let Die type intro for a show like this.

Have it on the TV and hard to believe we will see Guns in this quality in just a few hours.

Fingers crossed for a great performance from rock's last great hope!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I must be out of touch I have never heard of her, i listened to some of her stuff on youtube, it's weird. And not in a cool quirky Mike Patton way.

I actually saw some of Rick astley and enjoyed in in a completely unironic way, he had some pretty funny banter with the crowd

He downed a jager then went on stage. Fair play. We've all been rick-rolled at least once, eh! May as well sign up for it.

Just now, jacdaniel said:

Is BBC2 showing the full show? It doesn't start until 10pm so I guess there is a delay?

Always a delay on Glastonbury headliners. 

Not sure if the BBC iPlayer app is live and bbc2 delayed. Either way they officially take the stage at 9.30. 

whole performance is available on iPlayer to watch back also.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Turn around bitch I got a use for you
Besides you ain't got nothin' better to do
And I'm bored :lol:

Yea, as I said earlier....the mainstream media is gonna be compiling all sorts of song lyric quotes and Axl gyrating his crotch memes into one big.....blah blah can't do this in post #MeToo 2023. Fuck 'em. Will be somewhat funny and cringe to read though...especially the one review that starts with...."well we all wonder if they'd make it on time..." Partying like it's 1992

• Like 2