06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

3 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Saturday Nights Alright would be pretty cool but I really doubt it’s going to happen.. (I really want it too though!)

get in the ring motherfucker with EJ  can you imagine  @D4NNY:lol: 

In any case  its a good show to watch with you all ^_^

Edited by wendirosez
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Why do people think Axl's going to appear? :blink: Almost zero chance of it happening. Why would he bring the previous day's headliner up?

I mean I'm not so hopeful but your reasoning doesn't make sense as well. Like why he wouldn't?

at the end of the day it's Elton we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if Axl does this. It's like probably the last chance or oppurtunity for such a performance for Axl.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Funny isn’t it that no other artists at glastonbury have had the mic sound issues Axl did - the sound for Elton is amazing and his vocals are loud, no issues for him.

It's been a big issue for Axl since at least 2001. There's a secret group of conspirators sabotaging his hearing system. Specially on big shows.

Beta is looking into it for years...

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I mean I'm not so hopeful but your reasoning doesn't make sense as well. Like why he wouldn't?

This is Elton John's moment to shine, he's not going to give last night's headliner even more spotlight is he? Let's be realistic. 

These have all been carefully selected and rehearsed way ahead of time (he's said in multiple interviews how he's had rehearsal space booked specifically for the guests), they're not sporadic – unlike Dave Grohl, who was clearly a last-minute addition, evidenced by the fact he was playing one of Fortus' guitars.

Plus, it's not like they released a big hit together, is it? I mean, he did a song with Dua Lipa, and even she's not playing with him. She was even at one of his recent shows and didn't play with him.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just being realistic. I can't think of a single reason why he'd obviously appear

Edited by DoMw94

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

This is Elton John's moment to shine, he's not going to give last night's headliner even more spotlight is he? Let's be realistic. 

These have all been carefully selected and rehearsed way ahead of time (he's said in multiple interviews how he's had rehearsal space booked specifically for the guests), they're not sporadic – unlike Dave Grohl, who was clearly a last-minute addition, evidenced by the fact he was playing one of Fortus' guitars.

Plus, it's not like they released a big hit together, is it? I mean, he did a song with Dua Lipa, and even she's not playing with him. She was even at one of his recent shows and didn't play with him.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just being realistic. I can't think of a single reason why he'd obviously appear

Now this argument makes sense.

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Funny isn’t it that no other artists at glastonbury have had the mic sound issues Axl did - the sound for Elton is amazing and his vocals are loud, no issues for him.

Ya he's sounded pretty decent for mid 70s...I saw him live ages ago and think he's been better tonight! He's static so probably a bit easier to control his levels but still ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

What a genius Sir Elton John is. An unbelievably great two nights of (somehow) living legends

Can't deny that catalogue fan or not....probably biggest audience sing-along sans Lizzo. My word Glasto have really waited until tonight to get their drone shots out, every 5 minutes they love that pan out...didnt do that previous nights...

• Like 1