What will you do when we get The General?

19 minutes ago, evader said:

Hey there ZoSo. Maybe a correction...... I don't recall saying I was pretty sure of the lyrics, but I do apologize if that happened. I seem to remember thinking that it was 50% correct at best. All that could really be done at the time was identify vowel sounds and "sssss" sounds". So, decyphering the lyrics was like turning "l l l l l l  l l l l l" into "LITTLE HILL" (Fringe tv show reference). That said, I think the vocal melody is pretty close to right. Please don't kill me if that turns out to be false.

Sorry man! I didn’t mean to put words in your mouth! Good to see you :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Jokes aside, hearing The General will be quite surreal for me, and will truly be the end of an era. That’s always been at the top of my “wishlist” of unreleased tracks. 

Yeah it will round out the wishlist. We finally heard atlas, General has been the one evading us. Good or bad it will be nice having the closure😄

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Jokes aside, hearing The General will be quite surreal for me, and will truly be the end of an era. That’s always been at the top of my “wishlist” of unreleased tracks. 

Me too 👍 

The General and Atlas were key for me. And I love Atlas btw 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, junior201 said:

Here's a recording I made of when the cell phone clip was leaked.

https://we.tl/t-wITDETsghm

I really hope it's released soon.

I never heard the cellphone clip, so this sounds intriguing to me because I want to hear what Slash did with it, especially that last part. Couldn't care less to hear what it was before otherwise, sounds kinda just like some random horror film music.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 6/7/2023 at 1:00 PM, evader said:

Hey there ZoSo. Maybe a correction...... I don't recall saying I was pretty sure of the lyrics, but I do apologize if that happened. I seem to remember thinking that it was 50% correct at best. All that could really be done at the time was identify vowel sounds and "sssss" sounds". So, decyphering the lyrics was like turning "l l l l l l  l l l l l" into "LITTLE HILL" (Fringe tv show reference). That said, I think the vocal melody is pretty close to right. Please don't kill me if that turns out to be false.

How do you feel about Fernando referring to your version of The General as “raw sewage” on Reddit?

EDIT: For the record, I like your version!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

When did he say that?

I forget what Fernando’s username on Reddit was, but it was one of the first things he ever said when he first started posting on the GnR subreddit way back in late 2019.

For context: someone posted a YouTube video of evader’s general as a thread on the subreddit, and then Fernando responded to the OP saying something like “this used to be a great place for fans, and then you had to go and fill it with this raw sewage.”

39 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Got a link?

See above

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Just now, evader said:

I'm a HUGE fan of freedom of speech, as long as it isn't intentionally deceptive. I can even handle maliciousness despite having a much greater appreciation for constructive criticism.

If my attempted re-creation of that cellphone clip truly is - or ends up proven to be - raw sewage, that's totally fine. I'm just glad some people appreciated the immense effort that went into creating the sewage, which was never even intended for public consumption.

It’s incredible you were able to do  that

• Like 2

I'm not so sure he's referring to Evader's handiwork, it reads to me generally not being too impressed about supposed leaks being openly discussed (don't think they were too happy with Downzy and co with letting us DISCUSS the leaks, which is mental). 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Dean said:

I'm not so sure he's referring to Evader's handiwork, it reads to me generally not being too impressed about supposed leaks being openly discussed (don't think they were too happy with Downzy and co with letting us DISCUSS the leaks, which is mental). 

Yeah that’s my take too.

@evader  you’re in the clear buddy 😁

I love what you did with it 👍

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1